Thread: Playa Esmeralda in Guayacanes

Thanks

Playa Esmeralda in Guayacanes

After a lot of debate with myself I decided to go stay at Playa Esmeralda for $60/night all inclusive instead of one of the many hotels in Boca Chica that were around $35/night. I decided that I could probably eat and DRINK $25/day. It looks like Guayacanes is about 15km down the road from BC so it isn't overly convenient to just stroll over there. My guide book says that Guayacanes has several hotels, but only lists the AI ones.

It seems like there should be a few bars/hotels/girls that cater to the AI guests. This arrangement actually is ok with me, if it is available, since I will probably just look for company a two or three times during the week and don't really care to bring the girls back to my real room.

Any comments?

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,418 Times in 78,300 Posts
    This sounds very good. If it works out, many others may try it. I am hoping to go to Punta Cana and will need someplace along the way.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks

Re: Playa Esmeralda in Guayacanes

Quote Originally Posted by tcmits
    After a lot of debate with myself I decided to go stay at Playa Esmeralda for $60/night all inclusive instead of one of the many hotels in Boca Chica that were around $35/night. I decided that I could probably eat and DRINK $25/day. It looks like Guayacanes is about 15km down the road from BC so it isn't overly convenient to just stroll over there. My guide book says that Guayacanes has several hotels, but only lists the AI ones.

It seems like there should be a few bars/hotels/girls that cater to the AI guests. This arrangement actually is ok with me, if it is available, since I will probably just look for company a two or three times during the week and don't really care to bring the girls back to my real room.

Any comments?
    I know very little about Guayacanes, but I was briefly there four weeks ago. There was still a lot of debris in the sea and on the on beach (not very pretty). After I checked out the beach, I headed further east to Juan Dolio (About 10 minutes more by car). The Juan Dolio beach was in much better condition and I believe there is an AI out there as well. If you don't have a rental car ($US50-100 a day), cab drivers are going to want to get paid driving you back and forth (don't know if there many taxi stands out there either, there aren't many in Boca Chica, where you have 40+ hotels.) I guess you can always travel by motoconcho, but I doubt that many tourists would find that appealing (20-25 minute drive on Las Americas... Yikes!)

However, there are AIs in Boca Chica: Hilton Hamaca, Domincan Bay, and The Don Juan. I believe that the Hilton Hamaca is a private beach, if you are looking to avoid the vendors and hookers. Of course AIs don't allow hookers, so you will have to bang her at another hotel or a cabana. The best cabanas are in San Isidro (40 minute drive away); however, I have been to 2 which were approx. 10 minutes outside of BC (one close to Andres the other closer to Las Americas). Tonto4 reported that he used one in BC for I believe RD$200.

I am not really sure what you're looking for, but if you plan to stay at an AI and you want DR pussy, you will incur more costs.

-Helpmann

Thanks

Re: Playa Esmeralda in Guayacanes

When I looked at the AI hotels in Boca they were either very expensive, $130/night or had really bad reviews. I won't have a rental car, so will travel by foot, taxi or moto. If I find a cheap short term hotel I'll let people know. I know that I will have added expense for girls outside of the AI, but I knew that all along. And yes, the moto ride can be a bit hairy, but I actually did it once from Boca to Santo Domingo carrying everything that one needs to travel around the world. I was at month 11 of the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by helpmann
    I know very little about Guayacanes, but I was briefly there four weeks ago. There was still a lot of debris in the sea and on the on beach (not very pretty). After I checked out the beach, I headed further east to Juan Dolio (About 10 minutes more by car). The Juan Dolio beach was in much better condition and I believe there is an AI out there as well. If you don't have a rental car ($US50-100 a day), cab drivers are going to want to get paid driving you back and forth (don't know if there many taxi stands out there either, there aren't many in Boca Chica, where you have 40+ hotels.) I guess you can always travel by motoconcho, but I doubt that many tourists would find that appealing (20-25 minute drive on Las Americas... Yikes!)

However, there are AIs in Boca Chica: Hilton Hamaca, Domincan Bay, and The Don Juan. I believe that the Hilton Hamaca is a private beach, if you are looking to avoid the vendors and hookers. Of course AIs don't allow hookers, so you will have to bang her at another hotel or a cabana. The best cabanas are in San Isidro (40 minute drive away); however, I have been to 2 which were approx. 10 minutes outside of BC (one close to Andres the other closer to Las Americas). Tonto4 reported that he used one in BC for I believe RD$200.

I am not really sure what you're looking for, but if you plan to stay at an AI and you want DR pussy, you will incur more costs.

-Helpmann

Thanks
    I didn´t even bother checking in to this place. I´m sure it would have been fine if I was there to lounge in the sun, but it is 20km from Boca Chica and has a pretty poor dining area. I´m glad they didn´t ask for a deposit.

Thread Information