Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wanted weird information :) how much you tip the maids?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 793 Posts

wanted weird information :) how much you tip the maids?

Much talk has been made on how some people tip the chicas and the waitresses and barmaids, but, i dont recall any chatter on tipping the chambermaids? And since were on topic of these maids, has anyone ever fucked one???? lol

Usually they are old and ugly but, there has been the odd cutie i wouldnt mind trying out. As for the tipping part, i usually leave around 200 pesos for a 7 day stay. Is that too much??? Or to little???

Any comments???

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,555 Times in 660 Posts

Una propina - Si

I do tip those who clean my room. Unquestionably, they need the extra cash. In place where the dollar is easily converted, such as the DR, I usually bring with me $50 or so of $1 bills to use as tips. I choose to tip daily (pay as you go). They are happy to know I'm not stingy and they usually try to do their best knowing that my appreciation will be expressed in a tip. This benefits both of us - I receive good service, clean room and friendly spirit and they receive a little extra. By giving a tip, I also don't mind making a specific request about the room which I will leave on a note or inform the office manager. When I stay in apartments I usually leave $2 and in a regular hotel room $1 along with a note expressing appreciation for cleaning my room. LIke you, I'd be interested in knowing if this is a reasonable amount or not. I am an organized and clean person, so my room/apartment is never a mess. If I were messier, I'd probably double my tip (partly as an apology for creating so much extra work).

Related to your second question, I have developed some friendships with the cleaning lady, but never anything more. One time I felt this was a definite possibility, but decided it was best not to pursue it. I try to treat all the staff kindly and with dignity, asking about their families and lives in general. If the place is small, I'll occasionally tip the gardener and tell him/her how much I am enjoying my stay and the surroundings. I usually tip the night watchman when I return for the night along with a little candy or treat. Mentioning that, I usually bring some small candy bars or mints with me that I hand out to staff as a friendly gesture. A little civility and courtesy helps us all.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sonrisa For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Re: wanted weird information :) how much you tip the maids?

Wow, I had forgotten all about her...Marco used to have one that was super cute. Muy Flaca. I made a couple attempts at her but no luck. Marco later told me she was married and had like 5 kids.

I usually leave my loose change and throw in a few bills. If I'm there 5 to 8 days I might leave 200 - 300 plus change

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,386 Times in 4,164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa View Post
    I usually bring with me $50 or so of $1 bills to use as tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    I usually leave my loose change and throw in a few bills. If I'm there 5 to 8 days I might leave 200 - 300 plus change
    I usually tip daily RD$20-100 depending on whether if I asked for extra towels the day before and left the room a mess with used condoms stuck to the walls or I used a cabana the day before and slept alone.

No point tipping at the end because there's no benefit to you, except a "warm fuzzy" feeling, that's the same in the US or any other country.

As for what you tip with, eldorob I hope you are referring to Dom Pesos when you say loose change....

Sonrisa, US$1 bills are worth much less then say a $100/50 bill in regards to the exchange rate. And remember this, US Coins are worth nothing in the DR, no one will exchange them!

So it's best to tip in pesos, coins or paper your choice.
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Don Tomas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 273 Posts

I always stay in a villa and use the kitchen often and there always cleaning up my mess. I will usually leave between $70.00 to $100.00 U.S. for a 7 day trip
    "The Brinks Truck Never Follows The Hearse"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to howudoen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

I left 2000 pesos once . . . her and her assistant earned it all ! ! !

That's a LONG story ! ! !
    Who me ? ? ?
    nahhhh . . . move along, move along . . .

12. The Following User Says Thank You to the_Jayman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

I stash away most of my 20 and under peso notes, and all coin pesos. this is what i leave at the end of the trip, usally around 300 -500 pesos. One time in "April of 2007 as I was packing to catch my plane out a maid that I was flirting with the whole time but never was really serious knocke on my door to see if she could clean it. she had these sexy lips, nice face I'd sy around late 30's. As i opened the door she gave me that huge white staight teeth smile and that was it. She entered the room i closed the door, locke it and she just stood there looking at me. I pulled out a 500 peso note. At first she said no, and went for the door, I told her diez minutos, chuppala para mi. She said OK, but firt she had to check on the other maid. I figured she was not coming back, but a few minutes later, she knocked and when I opened the door, she quickly came in. She must not have understood me, because she immediately went for the bed and pulled her pants off. I said no , and pulled out my dick to let her know I just want to feel her lips. She proceeded to give me one of the best sucks I ever had!! As I came back in months later, I would see her, but never asked again. She no longer works there as om my last trip in Nov tho.
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,555 Times in 660 Posts

Thanks, Don Thomas, for the suggestion to use 50-100 pesos bills. I'll change my strategy and start using them. Do you know if banks will exchange some larger bills for 50s and 100s or do they not want to be bothered?

On a side note, I usually leave a candy bar or a few Wintergreen mints (my favorite) on top of the tip along with a note saying "Thanks".

Thanks
    Thanked 19,386 Times in 4,164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sonrisa View Post
    Thanks, Don Thomas, for the suggestion to use 50-100 pesos bills. I'll change my strategy and start using them. Do you know if banks will exchange some larger bills for 50s and 100s or do they not want to be bothered?

On a side note, I usually leave a candy bar or a few Wintergreen mints (my favorite) on top of the tip along with a note saying "Thanks".
    A Bank will usually give you any DR denomination bill you want. Cambios don't carry a lot of small bills normally.

I ment US 50-100's and not as tips but to exchange for pesos. Let's say the exchange rate is 35-1, for a 100 or 50 you will get that rate but you pull out a bunch of US$1 and that rate will drop! That's why I mentioned to tip in pesos rather then US$1 bills.

Thanks

the maid at NG...she knew how to clean up...if u know what iu mean

Quote Originally Posted by cainer View Post
    Much talk has been made on how some people tip the chicas and the waitresses and barmaids, but, i dont recall any chatter on tipping the chambermaids? And since were on topic of these maids, has anyone ever fucked one???? lol

Usually they are old and ugly but, there has been the odd cutie i wouldnt mind trying out. As for the tipping part, i usually leave around 200 pesos for a 7 day stay. Is that too much??? Or to little???

Any comments???

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to passasabe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 728 Posts

no but her boss who read's the site now does.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Qwest View Post

the maid at NG...she knew how to clean up...if u know what iu mean

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sicpup71 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,012 Times in 800 Posts

I usually tip at the end (U.S. thinking) - very nicely - and also leave any candy or other regalo I may have intended for the chicas...

...but I can understand the wisdom of tipping as you go day to day; have to make this part of my future practice.

Life is not about weathering the storm; but rather knowing how to dance in the rain.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to carolinajack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

Well I guess im the big spender here !!

I tip daily as it gets me better service while im there (extra towels ect)
    I normally give her a 100 peso note (hey im a pig, its worth 3 bucks)
    And YES I nailed a maid, the same one cleaned my room everyday, late 20's I'd say and just ok looking but so sweet I started flirting with het to make her flash those smiles she had.
    on about my 5th day she came in and I starting flirting then I nodded my head to the bed, of course she laughed and said NO.
    I sat down on the bed and patted it beside me, she said NO..I reached in my Pocket and laid 800 Pesos down...She turned and walked to the door and said 6:00 and walked out.
    About 6:00 she knocked on the door and as I opened it she rushed in and said HURRY, next thing I know she was naked and I banged the shit out of her..One thing I will always remember was her legs were unshaven and had a fine ligt hair all over them lol..That didnt do anything for be, in fact it was a turn off, also she just laid still the whole time I did her.
    After that she asked everyday during my last 3 or 4 days it I wanted "extra service again"..I kept making up excuses about going to dinner with friends ect. because a dead fuck with hairy legs wasnt what I wanted
    Helping the 3rd world economy, one chica at a time !!!

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Skynyrd For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas View Post
    I

As for what you tip with, eldorob I hope you are referring to Dom Pesos when you say loose change....

yes, def all pesos... sometimes a couple of usd quarters might get mixed in but I don't don't do it as tip, just getting rid of the change.

And your right, it's better to tip a litte upfront. Ill ask for extra towells or sheets and give them a tip. But If I leave pesos on the bed for them or in the kitchen while still staying there, they usually won't touch it unless I leave a note with it.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,729 Times in 30,460 Posts

no matter where i stayed in the dr,cuba,colombia and thailand i always left close to a usd dollar convertered to their currency every day.
    in over 40 weeks of travelling since 2005 i have never lost anything from my room and have always had great service.
    i have never even tried to nail any of the maids..............very few were doable........for me .....but i like em very flaca and without the baby stomach
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

28. The Following User Says Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,383 Times in 13,907 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas View Post
    Sonrisa, US$1 bills are worth much less then say a $100/50 bill in regards to the exchange rate. And remember this, US Coins are worth nothing in the DR, no one will exchange them!

So it's best to tip in pesos, coins or paper your choice.
    Not true. I exchange them...lol

Whenever I'm on the beach, I inevitably get a couple of kids that will come up to me and ask me to change some coins for them. There are actually folks out there that will give all their pocket change to the kids, and they know I'll always count it out, tell them how much it's worth, and give them the peso equivalent(rounding up to the nearest peso, of course)

But you're right. Nobody in their right mind will exchange coins.....
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

Jimbo I guess it has been awhile since your last trip? I have not seen a 10 or 20 peso note in months. In fact it can be hard to find 50 peso notes. They have new coins for 10 pesos and 25 pesos. In the past I never walked around with any change on me. Now I may keep 100 pesos or so in change on me as taxi drivers either don't or just say they don't so they can keep the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    I stash away most of my 20 and under peso notes, and all coin pesos. this is what i leave at the end of the trip, usally around 300 -500 pesos. One time in "April of 2007 as I was packing to catch my plane out a maid that I was flirting with the whole time but never was really serious knocke on my door to see if she could clean it. she had these sexy lips, nice face I'd sy around late 30's. As i opened the door she gave me that huge white staight teeth smile and that was it. She entered the room i closed the door, locke it and she just stood there looking at me. I pulled out a 500 peso note. At first she said no, and went for the door, I told her diez minutos, chuppala para mi. She said OK, but firt she had to check on the other maid. I figured she was not coming back, but a few minutes later, she knocked and when I opened the door, she quickly came in. She must not have understood me, because she immediately went for the bed and pulled her pants off. I said no , and pulled out my dick to let her know I just want to feel her lips. She proceeded to give me one of the best sucks I ever had!! As I came back in months later, I would see her, but never asked again. She no longer works there as om my last trip in Nov tho.

Thanks

I had actually asked Winfreind last year on what he thought was an appropiate tip for the maid on a weeks stay, 200-300 is what I was told. Of course if your like Skynard and banging one of them, then maybe a little more...lol

33. The Following User Says Thank You to robo-dick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 793 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Not true. I exchange them...lol

Whenever I'm on the beach, I inevitably get a couple of kids that will come up to me and ask me to change some coins for them. There are actually folks out there that will give all their pocket change to the kids, and they know I'll always count it out, tell them how much it's worth, and give them the peso equivalent(rounding up to the nearest peso, of course)

But you're right. Nobody in their right mind will exchange coins.....
    The regular tourists dont know that these coins are useless to the people that they giving them too. Especially the Canadians. IN canada, we dont have any $1 or $2 paper money and its all coins.

I can just picture the chico who just got the coin tip speaking in spanish that this coin is fucking useless to them and that they want paper money instead. And the gringo is just smiling not understanding a fucking word he is saying

When i was leaving on my last trip, i had a few Airport baggage guys approached me, as they noticed i could speak a bit of spanish. They then proceeded to pull out these toonies and loonies($1 and $2 Canadian coins) from their pockets and were asking me if i could make cambio for them. The nice guy that i am, i did just that.

And on a side note, if u did fuck a maid, and wish to tell us about it that, maybe its best u dont expose where she works lol

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

I should clarify my main encounter..It was in San Jose, Costa Rica
    So quit paniking Wilfred and Lorenzo lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information