Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rocky's

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,411 Times in 78,295 Posts

Re: Rocky's

Quote Originally Posted by Hemp View Post
    Rockys is generally cool...i hang out in there most early mornings!

Took me 3 years but I found one here in Medellin and the 28 year old owner is a pervert. According to him, getting a BJ is not cheating on the wife here.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Hemp, not sure the last time u were down in Sosua, but the new piece of dining area at the NG is where most everyone ends up there now days even if u r not staying there. I still check out the ribs at Rockys, but only if I order them 40 min ahead of time on my way to walking somewhere else. Otherwise it seems pretty much dead usually whenever i pss by, and that is several times a day on the moto, etc....
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    Hemp, not sure the last time u were down in Sosua, but the new piece of dining area at the NG is where most everyone ends up there now days even if u r not staying there. I still check out the ribs at Rockys, but only if I order them 40 min ahead of time on my way to walking somewhere else. Otherwise it seems pretty much dead usually whenever i pss by, and that is several times a day on the moto, etc....

No, not another great place, has fallen!

Thanks

I would not call it "fallen", but i just do not see the usuall crowd of mongers in there like it used to be. Too many other things to do and places to see. there are always guys hanging out at the NG, i mean look... Fordtech can not even get a room there, and the occupancy has doubled since you been there Jimmy...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I would not call it "fallen", but i just do not see the usuall crowd of mongers in there like it used to be. Too many other things to do and places to see. there are always guys hanging out at the NG, i mean look... Fordtech can not even get a room there, and the occupancy has doubled since you been there Jimmy...
    I recall walking in with maximus in July 2006 and Lorenzo said he had 20 empty rooms cause it was off season.

Thanks

And I recall that too, I was there at the July invasion! But times have changed! Mongers have increased, and it is all your fault!!!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

And I recall that too, I was there at the July invasion! But times have changed! Mongers have increased, and it is all your fault!!!!

Thats why I am in Medellin. They have a guest registry book here at the hotel and I am the only one needing it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,001 Times in 568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nodramanostress View Post
    Damn dude....GREAT INFO....I will be a first timer there...I just reserved for Rockys...would You Recommend...Renting a scooter or just hopping on motercycle taxis....how much are women to fuck In american dollars? Is 500 pesos about 30dollars? What would the chicks charge just to be company on an excursion like scuba diving or something?
    Welcome to the board Nodramanostress!

Even if you are an experienced rider as a first time visitor I would advise NOT to rent a moto. Get a feel for the way the traffic flows and your general comfort with that before diving in.

I am attaching the link to the forums currency exchange page which is pulled from XE. It may not be exactly what the going rate in town is but until your trip it will get you close enough when added to alot of reading of the board to plan your budget acordingly
    It can also be found by going to ISOC extras at the top of the page.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/xe.php

As for your questions about what to pay...read, read read. Everyone has their own budget and philosophy.

Lastly, I wouldn't make too many grand plans for a first trip, go with the flow. You may for instance make plans and set up scuba diving prior to getting there and BAM just like that some chica with a nice ass changes those plans.

Just my .02 cents. Have fun!

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to brovo35 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fordtech View Post
    Are the condo's at Rocky's in the same place as the hotel? Thanks
    Ford - Keep in mind that guys are talking about two different places in this thread. "staying at Rocky's" can mean two different places.
    And some of the posts are confusing.

Rocky's is a resturant/bar/room rentals - it is in one location and a one minute walk from the night action in Sosua. The rooms are very basic and very inexpensive. No pool.

Rocky's Condos, (located at Tradewinds Condos, and owned/managed by the owner of Rocky's) is about a fifteen minute walk to downtown. Moto conches are at the bottom of hill all day and very late. At worst you'll have to walk down the hill and flag one down. The condos DO have a very nice pool area.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,143 Times in 267 Posts

I changed hotels and am staying at El Rancho now but will eat many meals at Rocky's im sure.
    living the dream in the Philippines

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fordtech For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,743 Times in 643 Posts

Unless there's some DRAMATIC changes to the rooms, they are very basic, but I think Rick does want to pull the place together. I see more of the Cabarete type backpacker crowd in and out than anything.

There's usually a couple hard core 30 something puta's, and I see a lot of chicas eat there and pick up some early evening business. I like to knock off the edge there around 6 or 8, so that I won't be hasty at midnight in Classico. It's not a bad place for a burger, or a bit of pizza either, and he has gotten the kitchen moving a bit quicker....

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roy For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information