Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 09/2010 - Tropical Depression Sosua

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,418 Times in 78,300 Posts

Re: R.I.P. Sosua

Quote Originally Posted by pi3141516 View Post
    You mean you can't get your car washed at the carwash ?

If Sosua goes away in its present form, and if the pressure keeps up for just another two - four weeks it might be history, one of the great training grounds of Latinamerican mongering will be lost.

Even those w/ no to limited Spanish could get their feet wet here; Nicaragua, Columbia, and other locales might not be so accommodating to the newbie gringo.

They can go to San Jose Costa Rica to get trained.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    It gonna get ugly If I have to dig out my banana Hammock, from circa 1984.
    You mean I wont get arrested if I wear this to the beach?

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bobdobbs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FritoBandito View Post
    Couple of questions: How long did the crackdown in 2004 last, and where can I find the carwashes in Puerto Plata???

My prediction is that you'll see more putas in Cabarete, with Sosua being "too hot" for them at the momernt.....
    Don't bank on that. Politur in Cabarete have been pretty hot with chicas on the street for some time now.

Yesterday, around midday, I saw Politur chase the 2 or 3 Haitianas that work the road daytime near Costa Azul. To the best of my knowledge they have never been hassled before.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

i have been spending alot of time in LAS TERRENAS there are few gringo"s around and putas,novice pro and semi pro everywere, its like being a kid in a candy store, its no sosua, its a different animal, i have read a few threads here and i know a few of you know what i am talking about, FUCK SOSUA STOP CRYING get on yur bike and get to the samana penninsula get out of your comfort zone come and see the real dr, no lack of beuties here my friends.

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MisterPink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,221 Times in 1,136 Posts

My favorita told me today that Cabarete is also swarming w/ police.
    Also, historically Cabarate has been less tolerant of the trade.

Seems as they are cleaning up PC, they also understand to close off all secondary venues (beach, Cabarete). The people in charge are not as dumb as some like to think...
    No they are probably dumber. Its like closing down Disneyland in Orange county and still expecting to see tourists to show up in the same or greater numbers.

Hey its their country, they can do what they want to do with it, but when you are already in a the red, cutting off your largest tax base isn't exactly a smart move, especially in a bad economy. Like I said before, cutting off your nose to spite your face.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GrandePadre For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

well said i cant agree more with you,o think some guys are too one dimensional when they hit the dr, I LOVE THE CHASE OF THE NON PRO ALTHOUGH IT DOES NOT TAKE LONG TO TAME THEM, a working pro is like shooting fish in a barrel, wow i pulled a hooker arn"t i the shit......

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MisterPink For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Tropical Depression Sosua

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    Why are reports coming in so different from members over the last week? Because your vacation is what you make of it. Me, Tallis, Drdreamer, Davemaryland, Prince, ect, ect, all had a great time in the Su last week.

Sure things were a little slower and a few putas were being picked up, but we all had a blast. There was plenty of quality chicas around and my phone is always full of numbers. If you let the chicas pick you, you get what you get. Pick the ones you want and go get em'. If you go with a positive attitude, take the safety advice from this board, and hang with some quality wingmen, Sosua is still a great vacation.

As others have stated - Get out and see other places - take a run at some non pros. This trip we went to Santiago (2 days), Puerto Plata, Costambar, and Caberete. These are not huge excursions by any means, but it breaks up your trip and you get to have new experiences. My take - people are way over exagerating on the climate in the Su.

Check out the awesome report

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...d.php?t=278656
    This was really striking to me. I would see some people talk about how SU was dead, and other talk about having a blast. I was getting nervous at first about my upcoming trip, but then I was like fuck it, I got game, I talk to a few chicas on Dominican Cupid, other mongers are gonna be there, I don't think I will have problems finding things to get into.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrandePadre For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well, that's exactly the typical Northamerican monger attitude that kills the place: "I got the dollars, and because of that I am smarter than you, and you do as I say..."

RIDICULOUS! Enough said. Let's be thankful that the Domincans put up with that shit as long as they have...

Quote Originally Posted by sacase View Post
    No they are probably dumber. Its like closing down Disneyland in Orange county and still expecting to see tourists to show up in the same or greater numbers.

Hey its their country, they can do what they want to do with it, but when you are already in a the red, cutting off your largest tax base isn't exactly a smart move, especially in a bad economy. Like I said before, cutting off your nose to spite your face.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LJDMV View Post
    I am sure that even with things slow there it is still better to visit there for a few days if u know how to work it. Get in during the weekend and get s many numbers of the hot girls as possible then on the slow days during the week. U call the numbers and hook up dates with the chicas at a slow season rate. Also there is always passion and the new place that opened that will have girls during the weekdays. Hell, u r still getting a good deal on the prices there rather than being here in the usa and paying any of the prices they r charging here. Unless it is your first visit to sosua u should know how and where to find the nice chicas even when the strip is slow.
    I am sure Peter is loving this shit!!!!
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Some of these comments remind me of when the police cleaned up Sunset Blvd here in LA. Guys were complaining like someone stole their teddy bear. No one thought to think how they'd feel if their kids had to walk to school with hookers on the street, or having people having sex in cars in front of their house at all hours of the night, or finding discarded condoms and condom wrappers on and in the street when you took your morning stroll. Yes, it's all well and good when its not your neighborhood that's being desecrated.

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well, that's exactly the typical Northamerican monger attitude that kills the place: "I got the dollars, and because of that I am smarter than you, and you do as I say..."

RIDICULOUS! Enough said. Let's be thankful that the Domincans put up with that shit as long as they have...
    Not sure what you mean by the typical north american attitude. Its simple economics. If you hung out with me ever overseas you would see that I try to blend in more with the locals and have great respect for other cultures and countries as well as a genuine interest. Nothing I said implied that I was smarter because I had money or that they should do as I said. But what ever man.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GrandePadre For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    I have been to Sosua many times and I just don't buy all this stuff. Maybe some of the guys are just expecting too much. Although I must say that I have never been there during the summertime when it is probably much slower. My trips are usually Dec and Jan. I will be interested in hearing Jimbos, NTs OMs and TNTs take on all this. There go more often than I do and I think we all party simular. I will be there again this Dec and I don't expect any difference.

Maybe I will be supprised.............
    Well I was about to pull the trigger this morning for Oct 13 - 20, however i keep reading this shit and have decided to put it on hold. Those dates are the only ones i can swing, but if they r arresting chicas at night for walking between classicos and latinos, and none allowed on the beach what is the point. I am not a casa ot titi bar person, need the night life. so perhaps the heading of this thread is point blank!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 648 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leethal65 View Post
    i have been spending alot of time in LAS TERRENAS there are few gringo"s around and putas,novice pro and semi pro everywere, its like being a kid in a candy store, its no sosua, its a different animal, i have read a few threads here and i know a few of you know what i am talking about, FUCK SOSUA STOP CRYING get on yur bike and get to the samana penninsula get out of your comfort zone come and see the real dr, no lack of beuties here my friends.

Hear, Hear!!! I never checked out the puta situation in Las Terrenas, but the carwash/disco in Samana City, Samana (about a 45 minute drive from Las Terrenas) is full of hotties......boyyyyyeee......

And I like Samana City because gringos are more scarce there than Las Terrenas and Sosua (especially)...

And the best beaches on the whole island are in Samana, too.....

Rincon Beach, Samana
    http://www.threebestbeaches.com/cent...-republic.html

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/46258/index.html

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FritoBandito For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,427 Times in 232 Posts

Laughing Re: R.I.P. Sosua

Just talked to a friend of mine who lives permanently in Sosua. He said that single chicas are no longer welcome on the beach with police being posted at the beach entrances.

Anybody can corroborate or refute that observation?
    I just got back to Sosua about two weeks ago after living here all last winter, then traveling around for 5 months to Thailand, Colombia, and Ecuador. I plan to be here for the next three months living in Sosua again. I keep heariing and reading this doomsday talk like in this thread. In my two weeks back here I have not seen any guys(and I see and talk to many)lacking for finding sweet chicas here in Sosua. I certainly have not had any trouble at all...it's business as usual for me and ALL the others I know. NO SHORTAGES!!

Over the years I have seen the local police come down Pedro Clisante many a time at night with their paddy wagon and load it up with girls rather randomly. There is always the usual gossip about how this is going to ruin Sosua, etc, etc. This latest flare is just a variation on the same theme. The new lady mayor does have her head up her ass....that is true but she isn't going to change Sosua any time soon, but she may do some saber rattling.
    I have been to the beach almost every day and I have seen plenty of chicas...I've never seen any police at the entrances(or maybe I'm blind). Haven't seen any police picking up girls on the beach either. I talk to multiple girls on the beach every day.

Maybe I'm the one with my head up my ass but I don't think so. There may be some ups and downs in the total numbers of chicas at any given time but given that it is the slow season now....I'd say that things are pretty much normal. I'm sure having a hell of a good time...one to four sessions every day. I'm happy!!!

Just my personal take...to each his own.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,024 Times in 320 Posts

I guess I have to be mentally prepared to expand the learning curve when I head out there in December. ANYTHING in the DR is better than the alternative.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Some of these comments remind me of when the police cleaned up Sunset Blvd here in LA. Guys were complaining like someone stole their teddy bear. No one thought to think how they'd feel if their kids had to walk to school with hookers on the street, or having people having sex in cars in front of their house at all hours of the night, or finding discarded condoms and condom wrappers on and in the street when you took your morning stroll. Yes, it's all well and good when its not your neighborhood that's being desecrated.
    UHHHHHH Are you actually advocating for this crackdown?
    "The Royal Penis is Clean Your Majesty"

"No cushion for the pushin, no peso for the queso"

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princepointe For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Tropical Depression Sosua

I may have to do just that ( Halloween), cause I am reading too much bad vibe about the night club scene. And that is my favorite part about going. I meet many a chica just walking back and forth to palces and having a drink b4 even stepping up in classicos. Hell, my last few trips, especially on the wknds, I never even made it up into classicos. As for collecting #s. I never once in 14 trips used a phone down there. I am all about the game of chasing down chicas at night. I can only imagine the stress I would go thru if I had a list of numbers and they had mine as well. When Is naptime going again? I thought he was going to be with his daughter tho??

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,329 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    Well I was about to pull the trigger this morning for Oct 13 - 20, however i keep reading this shit and have decided to put it on hold. Those dates are the only ones i can swing, but if they r arresting chicas at night for walking between classicos and latinos, and none allowed on the beach what is the point. I am not a casa ot titi bar person, need the night life. so perhaps the heading of this thread is point blank!
    Jimbo, I cant wait to see your report when you decide to do MDE. Maybe its time to switch

33. The Following User Says Thank You to insular For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Onetosix, this is making me crazy, my hand was on the trigger this morning untill I kept reading all the shit. I want to come on down soon. I assume Chiorboy is there, but what dies he know, he is with his steady chica anyway. Keep us informed, as i am listening to the other guys comments and yours, then will make up my mind. plus, i got to hear your stories of your travels the last few months, u lucky dog u!!

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by insular View Post
    Jimbo, I cant wait to see your report when you decide to do MDE. Maybe its time to switch
    One of the main reasons I have not, is because I am not a casa type. I like the night life, the music, etc. But one day i may just venture on down there with a cpl real Colombians I know up here who tell me that chicas there will give it up just for a dinner and taking them out to clubs to dance. Plus I wouldnt even have to pay for a hotel. This is all in the planning stages right now.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information