Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 02/2010 - New Club in Santo Domingo: Club 305

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

02/2010 - New Club in Santo Domingo: Club 305

A new club has opened up on Ave. Independencia #305. It is around the corner from the Girls House, but on Independencia, basically it is across the street, from the restaurant Villar Hermanos which is located on the corner of Pasteur and Independencia, next door to Villar's parking lot that is located across the street from the restaurant.

Went into it, last night for a beer, around 10:30 pm, one other guy was in there besides myself, beers are 150 rd. Looks like it is owned by two guys and their wives or girlfriends were also there. They speak English, and the Dominican doorman speaks English as well. Spoke to the doorman for a bit and he quoted me the price of $100 US, for a couple of hours, and $200 US for all night. Spoke to him a bit and he said he could let me have a chica for 3000 pesos for 2 hrs., a little more expensive than the girls house who ask for 2,500 pesos for 2 hrs.

My impressions of the place: Looks nice inside, was only it's third night being opened, so the bar top wasn't even there yet, but other than that a nice classy looking place. The girls were top notch, haven't seen any other casa with as many good looking girls, especially if you like the fair skinned chica with long silky hair. I would guess that he had about 15 girls when I got there. Like I said top notch but again how long that will last is any body's guess because if he doesn't get some more clients in there the girls will go elsewhere.

Phone number: (809) 693-7141

Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,539 Times in 1,755 Posts

Re: New Club in Santo Domingo: Club 305

Stew,

Although I am scheduled to see you @ The StewFest, I look forward to hanging out with you a couple of days in July. I have already planned this trip and providing you're available, we will hangout with you for a couple of days in SDQ before heading up to POP for The Thrilla @ the Villa II.

The Mac Man

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Passport Playa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigmac View Post
    Stew,

Although I am scheduled to see you @ The StewFest, I look forward to hanging out with you a couple of days in July. I have already planned this trip and providing you're available, we will hangout with you for a couple of days in SDQ before heading up to POP for The Thrilla @ the Villa II.

The Mac Man
    Sounds like a plan.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    A new club has opened up on Ave. Independencia #305. It is around the corner from the Girls House, but on Independencia, basically it is across the street, from the restaurant Villar Hermanos which is located on the corner of Pasteur and Independencia, next door to Villar's parking lot that is located across the street from the restaurant.

Went into it, last night for a beer, around 10:30 pm, one other guy was in there besides myself, beers are 150 rd. Looks like it is owned by two guys and their wives or girlfriends were also there. They speak English, and the Dominican doorman speaks English as well. Spoke to the doorman for a bit and he quoted me the price of $100 US, for a couple of hours, and $200 US for all night. Spoke to him a bit and he said he could let me have a chica for 3000 pesos for 2 hrs., a little more expensive than the girls house who ask for 2,500 pesos for 2 hrs.

My impressions of the place: Looks nice inside, was only it's third night being opened, so the bar top wasn't even there yet, but other than that a nice classy looking place. The girls were top notch, haven't seen any other casa with as many good looking girls, especially if you like the fair skinned chica with long silky hair. I would guess that he had about 15 girls when I got there. Like I said top notch but again how long that will last is any body's guess because if he doesn't get some more clients in there the girls will go elsewhere.

Phone number: (809) 693-7141

Is this place in the spot that used to be Lapsus. Because if so, I was there Friday night. An older dominican gentleman stopped me as I was leaving the Jaragua (I went to use their ATM) and directed me to this place.

Pretty decent place, with about ten hot chicas. Met the owner, an American, and had a few beers with a cute, very busty chica named Catherine. She quoted me 3000 for TLN, and I jumped on it. She was very good, but she didn't stay all night. But I really didn't mind, as it was the 10th night of what was originally supposed to be a 6 day trip. And I really didn't have a 2nd round in me.

I like the place and will be back.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    Is this place in the spot that used to be Lapsus. Because if so, I was there Friday night. An older dominican gentleman stopped me as I was leaving the Jaragua (I went to use their ATM) and directed me to this place.

Pretty decent place, with about ten hot chicas. Met the owner, an American, and had a few beers with a cute, very busty chica named Catherine. She quoted me 3000 for TLN, and I jumped on it. She was very good, but she didn't stay all night. But I really didn't mind, as it was the 10th night of what was originally supposed to be a 6 day trip. And I really didn't have a 2nd round in me.

I like the place and will be back.

No, that place is now called Riky's, it is more east of that place, basically across the street from Villar Hnos Restuarant, the restuarant is located on the corner of Pasteur, and Ave. Independencia. Pasteur is the street where the Girls House and Sky High is located.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

No, that place is now called Riky's, it is more east of that place, basically across the street from Villar Hnos Restuarant, the restuarant is located on the corner of Pasteur, and Ave. Independencia. Pasteur is the street where the Girls House and Sky High is located.
    You guys keep getting this place mixed up. It's NOT called Riky's, it's still Lapsus! Look at the place during the day. There is no "Riky's" sign anywhere.

Lapsus is Lapsus.

Sheesh!!
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    You guys keep getting this place mixed up. It's NOT called Riky's, it's still Lapsus! Look at the place during the day. There is no "Riky's" sign anywhere.

Lapsus is Lapsus.

Sheesh!!
    Well, yeah the sign is still there. But I don't think it's still called Lapsus anymore. At least that's not what the owner calls it.

He does need to change that sign though.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

I have heard that The cuban guy Miguel that owned GH after allen the american dude sold it is the owner of 305. He had sold GH for 420k to the current owner. He then opened a place in la romana that his son ran. Apparently Miguel now has a dominican GF and was spending a LOT of money on her. Money coming from the club in la romana, so his son bailed and went to miami.

Earlier he tried to buy Monaco and turn it into high end club but the current GH owner got wind and outbid him. He turned monaco into foxys but has since sold it I believe.

Competition between these 2 will likely be a good thing. I actually had about 3 beers in GH last week for the first time in a LONG time. The quality was certainly down from what they used to have.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prtyr2 View Post
    I actually had about 3 beers in GH last week for the first time in a LONG time. The quality was certainly down from what they used to have.
    It's funny, every time I show up for a Santo Domingo casa run everything has changed completely from the prior trip. Casa life is like soap operas. You can miss nothing in a Month or everything in a Day.

Lapsus (formerly Riky's, formerly Lapsus) was damn near empty at the end of October. It was kinda sad. The "show" is gone and there wasn't much of a reason to spend any time there. GH wasn't much better but La Parada was packed with wall 2 wall big busted babes. Casa Teresa Ho's were looking a trifle worn and "Sky High" just plain sucked.

By the time I get back next Month this will all have changed. This is the longest I've been away from the D.R. in 4 years. I figured I'd miss a cycle and let everything change and change back for the next trip.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    Well, yeah the sign is still there. But I don't think it's still called Lapsus anymore. At least that's not what the owner calls it.

He does need to change that sign though.
    Hooo boy... I'm going to go by and take a picture of the sign. It says "Lapsus" and has been that way for many months.

The "rikys" sign was only up for a month or so.

Now that I think about it, I'm gonna go by La Parada and check out the big hooters. I've always enjoyed lookin' at the bigguns, even if I'm not going to take them anywhere.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Hooo boy... I'm going to go by and take a picture of the sign. It says "Lapsus" and has been that way for many months.

The "rikys" sign was only up for a month or so.

Now that I think about it, I'm gonna go by La Parada and check out the big hooters. I've always enjoyed lookin' at the bigguns, even if I'm not going to take them anywhere.
    Better than that go in and ask the owner what the name of the place is "now". I had a friend who worked there for a few months, and she no longer works there, but she always referred to it as Riky's even though the sign never had changed. As you know things change quickly in the D.R., remember the restaurant we met at the other day, I knew what you meant when you said to meet you there, but it had changed names, even if it was only with a little sign. As you told me when I showed you the sign, to you it will always be the other place.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

........I had a friend who worked there for a few months, and she no longer works there, but she always referred to it as Riky's even though the sign never had changed.
    The place was "Lapsus" up until about a year ago last Fall. Then it fell to shit and the "Riky's" sign appeared (I 1st saw that sign in Nov. '08). The "Riky'ssign was gone and a new "Lapsus" sign was back in October. Doesn't matter though, the place is mostly empty and sux as of Nov '09. I will look in next Month. It will probably still suck. The place next door (used to be Tabu) I forget the new name....also sucked in Nov 09 and was closed for the most part of the Week. Back in Jan Apr and Jun '09 you couldn't even get into the joint it was so crowded. August and October were dead. There was also a definite dropoff in the tourist population during those trips. Gringos were few and far between in SD and BC.

There's no telling what we'll find there in 3 weeks.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

hey all, i heard 305 was very impressive! im headed solo to santo domingo march 25th-31st. i only know basic words in spanish but i know where a few things are from visiting with an ex when living in Miami. i'm staying at the mercure on el conde. i.ve reAD MUCHO THREADS! any must have advice in regards to chicas, clubs,spanish to know, etc..?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gregbaugh13 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'll get there on the evening of the 31st...close call.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fastfood98 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

fuck! that would have been great fastfood. although im not sure if i formally thanked you, your short trip report was very helpful! anyone else in town to help a junior member break through?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gregbaugh13 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm a junior member myself. For my first trip, in November 09, all the info I had was from this website, and I travelled alone. For my second trip, I hanged with Yayow, who is now having a blast in Sosua in his birthday. He is a great dude to hang.
    If you plan to rent a car, I recommend you make yourself VERY familiar to the city with a map, and even then it may be difficult. People drive like you would not believe, and traffic sign are merely a suggestion. Just keep your cool, this is not USA!, Not even Puerto Rico (i'm puertorrican). There is a mongering google map in this forum, if you can't find it, I'll try to repost it.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fastfood98 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fastfood98 View Post
    mongering google map
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...mid=1246396605

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to borninusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

I'd be more than glad to show you guys around but will be in Sao Paulo that week.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

greg13....let me kno bout club 305..b in sd the 17th of april for the nite then hit bc on sun...then off to the Suu on monday!!
    Just becuz u pour syrup on ur shoes......dont make'em pancakes!!

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to big tee For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

La Parada's new name...

Okay the mystery is over. "Club 305" is a new building around an old club. This guy from Miami (Ronny) bought the club and moved it to a new facility. I think he bought a lot more than that, too and pretty soon all casas in the area will be affiliated.

Here's why: Half the Chicas are from La Parada (now closed). Half are from Girl House (still open) and the Maitre D' is from Lapsus. The guy who used to manage security/ comin's & goin's at Lapsus is now the manager and the owner is "some guy in Miami".

305 is a very nicely put together facikity and nothing like it in the area comes close once it's finished. There's on site ST, Chica dormitories, interior courtyard patio area and VIP rooms, all in various stages of completion.

Sky High is owned by "some Cuban guy from Miami" and I'm hearing the similar descriptions all over the place. This isn't some random individual ownership....more to come.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information