Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast

Thread: 04/2011 - Ex Pats That Fall

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Re: 04/2011 - Ex Pats That Fall

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    For the DR expats. How much a month is the sweet spot if you're renting? I've pegged $4,000 for the north coast.
    I have a 1 bed room furnished spot about 700 square feet. I have a car port with a gate in a middle class Dominican neighborhood so I am relatively safe. I pay $400.00 a month. All my utilities gas, cable, electricity and water come to about 2000 pesos a month.

I have a friend who just moved into new construction 3 bedroom condo with car port and gate $500.00 a month the place is very nice. Decent apartments in Puerto Plata run between $300.00-$500.00 a month. I looked at a place a few months ago it was nice but not as nice as where I live dude wanted $700.00...silly rabbit...I walked he offered it to me for $400.00 ...ROTFL!

Dominicans are a TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

For the DR expats. How much a month is the sweet spot if you're renting? I've pegged $4,000 for the north coast.
    I live on the water have a 2 bedroom, furnished apartment, I pay $600/mo. My utilities are about the same as Camaro's.

Prior to living on the sea, lived in los coquitos, Dominican part of boca chica with many ex-pats living there. Had a 2 bedroom, furnished there for about 15 mil pesos, everything was included.

Been looking for a place in puerto plata as a second spot, looked at a few, both one bedroom furnished apartments, priced both at about 15 mil pesos, one on the malecón the other not far from Camaro's spot. Haven't decided on which one, or whether to keep on looking.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    I have a 1 bed room furnished spot about 700 square feet. I have a car port with a gate in a middle class Dominican neighborhood so I am relatively safe. I pay $400.00 a month. All my utilities gas, cable, electricity and water come to about 2000 pesos a month.

I have a friend who just moved into new construction 3 bedroom condo with car port and gate $500.00 a month the place is very nice. Decent apartments in Puerto Plata run between $300.00-$500.00 a month. I looked at a place a few months ago it was nice but not as nice as where I live dude wanted $700.00...silly rabbit...I walked he offered it to me for $400.00 ...ROTFL!

Dominicans are a TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats not even $50 for all your utilities. NICE.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Been looking for a place in Puerto Plata as a second spot, looked at a few, both one bedroom furnished apartments, priced both at about 15 mil pesos, one on the Malecón the other not far from Camaro's spot.
    Is anything included for that 15 mil?

-- Water
    -- Gas
    -- Cable TV
    -- Internet
    -- Telephone
    -- Electricity (Invertor? Planta?)
    -- Cleaning of shared areas
    -- Rubbish Collection
    -- Nightwatchman
    -- Reserved parking space

I pay 11,000 per month for a 3-bed apartment (2 large, one small) in the same area of Puerto Plata, but have to pay extra for all above except the guy cleaning communal areas and a parking space I never use, and I take my own rubbish to the dumpster. But mine was unfurnished. If you are in for a long stay (5 years or more) it may be more economical to rent unfurnished, but most guys will not want to commit that far ahead. Not a big choice of furnished places in Pto Pta but masses of unfurnished to choose from.

The other issue for mongers to consider is security. Where I live is very secure, but it is not a place where a lone gringo could live and take in different chicas every day and night, or come home in the small hours blind drunk and raving. The places where that is acceptable, or goes unnoticed, would tend to be less secure.

Finally, where I live, and where Yayow is looking, is very noisy. Either at night from the clubs and tigueres with blasters in their car-trunks on the Malecon, or from motos if a few streets inland. I don't like it, but have gradually adapted, and I don't think it would worry Yayow, but some of my friends could never tolerate it.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Being a broke gringo in DR is not a great life.
    Thats why my ass is still here. Lol
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts

A retiree posted in a Colombian forum this week asking expats their opinion what his situation would be in Colombia on a U.S. $2,000 / month income.

One expat responded then several others chimed in agreeing that, that amount would make him solid middle class in Colombia.

I just found that statement absolutely LIBERATING !
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    A retiree posted in a Colombian forum this week asking expats their opinion what his situation would be in Colombia on a U.S. $2,000 / month income.

One expat responded then several others chimed in agreeing that, that amount would make him solid middle class in Colombia.

I just found that statement absolutely LIBERATING !
    If I find a girlfriend I could live on that easy...ROTFL!

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If I find a girlfriend I could live on that easy...ROTFL!
    That's your problem you have a new girlfriend, everyday. Sometimes twice! �
    Last edited by tgunz; 09-30-2016 at 11:59 AM.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

That shit is expensive. If you're only doing one a day over 30 days at 2000 a session your monthly outlay is $1300 for pussy. When I did my long stay there contrary to my expectations I fucked at least once every day. Having a girl friend and dabbling in strange once or twice a week as opposed to playing the field is definitely the low cost option provided you can keep her family out of your pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by tgunz View Post
    That's your problem you a girlfriend, everyday. Sometimes twice! ��

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That shit is expensive. If you're only doing one a day over 30 days at 2000 a session your monthly outlay is $1300 for pussy. When I did my long stay there contrary to my expectations I fucked at least once every day. Having a girl friend and dabbling in strange once or twice a week as opposed to playing the field is definitely the low cost option provided you can keep her family out of your pockets.
    Yeah. But it be crazy if you live there not to have some regulars in the rotation that are cool with 500-1000. Cam is getting nice pop chicas at 1500 first time session. that could easily come down on a regular repeat. now outside of pop it's even cheaper. but for some outside of pop/sosua might as well be the moon.

With greatly discounted regulara. Usually you have to be available to them when they need you. If they are gonna be available to you when you need them. I'm think more non pros , friends with benefits arrangements
    Last edited by tgunz; 09-30-2016 at 02:22 PM.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 Times in 355 Posts

Yeah. But it be crazy if you live there not to have some regulars in the rotation that are not with with 500-1000. Cam is getting nice pop chicas at 1500 first time session. that could easily come down on a regular repeat. now outside of pop it's even cheaper. but for some outside of pop/sosua might as well be the moon.

With greatly discounted regulara. Usually you have to be available to them when they need you. If they are gonna be available to you when you need them. I'm think more non pros , friends with benefits arrangements
    I put a girl under "contract" I pay her 12,000 pesos a month and she stays with me Monday or Tuesday through Friday,cooks,cleans,runs errands,sucks and fucks,then I send her back to Pto Pta for the weekend and I do whatever suits me,sometimes I grab a girl and sometimes I just hang out with my friends. Not for everyone but it works for me. This is my third year doing this. When I find a girl that pushes all my buttons that I like hanging with I prefer to keep her around but I don't want a girlfriend or god forbid a wife.

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by quietcorner911 View Post
    I put a girl under "contract" I pay her 12,000 pesos a month and she stays with me Monday or Tuesday through Friday,cooks,cleans,runs errands,sucks and fucks,then I send her back to Pto Pta for the weekend and I do whatever suits me,sometimes I grab a girl and sometimes I just hang out with my friends. Not for everyone but it works for me. This is my third year doing this. When I find a girl that pushes all my buttons that I like hanging with I prefer to keep her around but I don't want a girlfriend or god forbid a wife.
    Sounds good...no IDEAL...my problem is sometimes my eyes are too BIGG!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Your description is what I meant about having a girlfriend. Someone I'm paying a monthly amount to that and seeing 3-4 times a week. No chick is moving in to my place.

Quote Originally Posted by quietcorner911 View Post

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That's your problem you have a new girlfriend, everyday. Sometimes twice! �
    I have gone as many as four days straight without any toto the I start getting withdrawals ...yeah I know I have issues...lol!

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have gone as many as four days straight without any toto the I start getting withdrawals ...yeah I know I have issues...lol1
    Your my hero. Your having a Barry Bonds like career. Lol

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Your my hero. Your having a Barry Bonds like career. Lol
    You would think Cam would of burned out by now. But he keeps going and going and going. The energizer bunny.....

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    You would think Cam would of burned out by now. But he keeps going and going and going. The energizer bunny.....
    Just like Bonds. Everytime at the plate he has the potential to go yard. While the rest of us mere mortals just trying to get on base.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Is anything included for that 15 mil?

-- Water
    -- Gas
    -- Cable TV
    -- Internet
    -- Telephone
    -- Electricity (Invertor? Planta?)
    -- Cleaning of shared areas
    -- Rubbish Collection
    -- Nightwatchman
    -- Reserved parking space

I pay 11,000 per month for a 3-bed apartment (2 large, one small) in the same area of Puerto Plata, but have to pay extra for all above except the guy cleaning communal areas and a parking space I never use, and I take my own rubbish to the dumpster. But mine was unfurnished. If you are in for a long stay (5 years or more) it may be more economical to rent unfurnished, but most guys will not want to commit that far ahead. Not a big choice of furnished places in Pto Pta but masses of unfurnished to choose from.

The other issue for mongers to consider is security. Where I live is very secure, but it is not a place where a lone gringo could live and take in different chicas every day and night, or come home in the small hours blind drunk and raving. The places where that is acceptable, or goes unnoticed, would tend to be less secure.

Finally, where I live, and where Yayow is looking, is very noisy. Either at night from the clubs and tigueres with blasters in their car-trunks on the Malecon, or from motos if a few streets inland. I don't like it, but have gradually adapted, and I don't think it would worry Yayow, but some of my friends could never tolerate it.
    yeah the ones on or near the malecon would probably be a bit noisy, but as you said that really wouldn't bother me much, as I most likely would be out there party with them.The other one not far from camaro's spot is in a much more sedate area. No noise at all, very nice residential area. For me furnished is a must, which does limit me a bit. I have only had one unfurnished apartment since being in country, and when I moved it was a major pain in the ass, ended up giving almost everything away, and said I would never go that route again.

If I recall correctly one of those has utilities included, both obviously have hot water, without is a deal breaker. Not sure if either has a generator.

Is luz a major problem in Puerto plata?

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sounds good...no IDEAL...my problem is sometimes my eyes are too BIGG!

And that is why you are a monger! Case closed.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    yeah the ones on or near the malecon would probably be a bit noisy, but as you said that really wouldn't bother me much, as I most likely would be out there party with them.The other one not far from camaro's spot is in a much more sedate area. No noise at all, very nice residential area. For me furnished is a must, which does limit me a bit. I have only had one unfurnished apartment since being in country, and when I moved it was a major pain in the ass, ended up giving almost everything away, and said I would never go that route again.

If I recall correctly one of those has utilities included, both obviously have hot water, without is a deal breaker. Not sure if either has a generator.

Is luz a major problem in Puerto plata?
    ...yes I believe on Tuesdays the lights go out for about 3 hours and also random times during the week. I have a generator everything works but the air-conditioner and the refrigerator for me during that time...

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast

Thread Information