Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 09/2016 - janslov

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Re: 09/2016 - janslov

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer View Post
    I am also on Facebook but it will never replace what this board was in it's heyday. Some of my best friends around the world I have met directly or indirectly from my 12 years on ISOC. I do not think it is necessarily as obsolete as the VCR.
    I prefer it here and its better with less useless mongers.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    I prefer it here and its better with less useless mongers.

I know the feeling

except with me I 'fired' my useless customers that were taking up more time and producing less revenue and were slow paying.
    that enabled me to down size my work force and increase the bottom line............ less sometimes means more
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

OK, we are a nitch market
    Niche, Jimmy. Niche.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Niche, Jimmy. Niche.
    No nitch cause it rymes with bitch

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

There was much more activity in the beginning.

Well many never thought they would met others so they could create fantasy personas, such as Mike Lodge and Dunedain to name two.

13 years in, we have lost almost a dozen to death.

In the beginning, everything was new, not so much now.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

There was much more activity in the beginning.

Well many never thought they would met others so they could create fantasy personas, such as Mike Lodge and Dunedain to name two.

13 years in, we have lost almost a dozen to death.

In the beginning, everything was new, not so much now.
    I, for one, don't come here looking for "The Latest Thing."

I come here looking for the story in-depth, and I try to post my own experiences the same way.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I, for one, don't come here looking for "The Latest Thing."

I come here looking for the story in-depth, and I try to post my own experiences the same way.
    I like the back and forth that leads to an Invasion and live back and forth.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I like the back and forth that leads to an Invasion and live back and forth.
    This group is as unique collectively as its members are individually. Together, we are the new normal.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This group is as unique collectively as its members are individually. Together, we are the new normal.
    I am the new normal

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

this profoundly fucked up!

I am the new normal

When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am the new normal

You'd be surprised. If it wasn't for the relatively recent phenomenon of Gay Marriage the wedding planners would be lining up for food stamps. Marriage has given marriage a bad name and many adult heterosexual couples are choosing to marry at later ages or skip the matrimonial routine altogether. It's no longer considered "odd" for Men and Women in their 40s, 50s and 60s to be "unmarried". Attitudes about P4P are softening as the decreasing purchasing power of the nation's middle class is steadily decreasing and more Women are taking a "by any means necessary" approach to dating and capitalizing on their best features.

It's a different ball game out here and couples are just as likely to have met/ hooked up on line as in person. Some of these "meat market" dating sites are thinly veiled P4P clearing houses. In just a short while I expect to be able to order a large anchovy and mushroom pizza with a happy ending on line.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

It's a different ball game out here and couples are just as likely to have met/ hooked up on line as in person. Some of these "meat market" dating sites are thinly veiled P4P clearing houses. In just a short while I expect to be able to order a large anchovy and mushroom pizza with a happy ending on line.
    Meatballs and bacon for me

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You'd be surprised. If it wasn't for the relatively recent phenomenon of Gay Marriage the wedding planners would be lining up for food stamps. Marriage has given marriage a bad name and many adult heterosexual couples are choosing to marry at later ages or skip the matrimonial routine altogether. It's no longer considered "odd" for Men and Women in their 40s, 50s and 60s to be "unmarried". Attitudes about P4P are softening as the decreasing purchasing power of the nation's middle class is steadily decreasing and more Women are taking a "by any means necessary" approach to dating and capitalizing on their best features.

I remember a letter in Penthouse, decades ago, where a guy described achieving his own "happy ending" in a calzone ...

Somehow, though, I don't believe that's what you've got in mind.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I remember a letter in Penthouse, decades ago, where a guy described achieving his own "happy ending" in a calzone ...

Somehow, though, I don't believe that's what you've got in mind.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

This is funny shit this thread, started by somebody who has never been back, and it has grown to 4 or 5 pages, simply amazing.

As far as Apos is concerned, haven't really figured out his concern with this or this guy, but he has attacked two guys that have only voiced their opinions, as he has, still scratching my head. I will leave my opinions about the situation he was involved in, a few years back. I voiced them at the time, both here and in DR1.

I do feel he is going into territory, that he personally should leave alone. I know all involved and at this point have no, dog in the fight, as I feel I get along with all involved. Let it lie, Apos not a good look at this point. Just saying.

As far as Mr. Janslov is concerned if you want some more information, participate a bit.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    This is funny shit this thread, started by somebody who has never been back, and it has grown to 4 or 5 pages, simply amazing....

As far as Mr. Janslov is concerned if you want some more information, participate a bit.
    He's probably sitting at his computer, wondering "What dafuq did I just set off?"

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Cool Re: 09/2016 - janslov

While you and everyone else is "welcome to their opinions" I have zero tolerance for any bullshit about what happened almost 7 years ago.

I don't need, desire or want your advice. Never did, never will.

Speaking to you specifically; you had no issue hugging me at your party, shaking my hand and bringing me drinks at your bar or slagging the shit out of me based on nothing but your "opinion as a former police officer" without ANY facts. That makes all of your advice and current opinion totally worthless.

To anyone else that still wants to flog this dead horse.... get a fucking life. You were wrong before and you're still dead wrong. And yes...I'll happily say it to your face and in front of your friends if that's the way you want to play it.

Many of you thought it great sport to speculate about what you thought, about what might have happened, could have happened, what you WANTED to have happened with no regard to the people involved or what actually happened. I doubt most of you could have withstood what I did but you're ar too "tough" to admit it.

There was an open offer in the months after, when I was living in the DR, to come and meet with me and ask your questions face to face. Many took the offer and none...none...had any issue with after that. If you chose not too too bad. It's high time you shut up about shit you really no nothing about.

At this point it's your issue...not mine. I don't give a fuck about what you think, and if that offends anyone....tough shit.

Some of you have a pathetically inflated opinion of the value of your input and opinions. I've born the brunt or it and still see it aimed at others and it's ridiculous. If you actually knew what you were talking about you'd be putting it to better use than posting it on "a whore board" and DR1.

Thanks to my friends and those that know and accept me. The rest of you....don't matter to me at all.

This is funny shit this thread, started by somebody who has never been back, and it has grown to 4 or 5 pages, simply amazing.

As far as Apos is concerned, haven't really figured out his concern with this or this guy, but he has attacked two guys that have only voiced their opinions, as he has, still scratching my head. I will leave my opinions about the situation he was involved in, a few years back. I voiced them at the time, both here and in DR1.

I do feel he is going into territory, that he personally should leave alone. I know all involved and at this point have no, dog in the fight, as I feel I get along with all involved. Let it lie, Apos not a good look at this point. Just saying.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    While you and everyone else is "welcome to their opinions" I have zero tolerance for any bullshit about what happened almost 7 years ago.

Speaking to you specifically; you had no issue hugging me at your party, shaking my hand and bringing me drinks at your bar or slagging the shit out of me based on nothing but your "opinion as a former police officer" without ANY facts. That makes all of your advice and current opinion totally worthless.

To anyone else that still wants to flog this dead horse.... get a fucking life. You were wrong before and you're still dead wrong. And yes...I'll happily say it to your face and in front of your friends if that's the way you want to play it.

Many of you thought it great sport to speculate about what you thought, about what might have happened, could have happened, what you WANTED to have happened with no regard to the people involved or what actually happened. I doubt most of you could have withstood what I did but you're ar too "tough" to admit it.

There was an open offer in the months after, when I was living in the DR, to come and meet with me and ask your questions face to face. Many took the offer and none...none...had any issue with after that. If you chose not too too bad. It's high time you shut up about shit you really no nothing about.

At this point it's your issue...not mine. I don't give a fuck about what you think, and if that offends anyone....tough shit.

Some of you have a pathetically inflated opinion of the value of your input and opinions. I've born the brunt or it and still see it aimed at others and it's ridiculous. If you actually knew what you were talking about you'd be putting it to better use than posting it on "a whore board" and DR1.

Thanks to my friends and those that know and accept me. The rest of you....don't matter to me at all.
    Doesn't matter. That must be why you're writing the fucking Encyclopedia Brittanica about it. Okie dokie.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post

just an opinion dude, you certainly don't and probably won't take it. As far as your situation, (wow 7 years ago, time flies) as I said i voiced my opinions at the time, no need to voice them again, and voiced them in those venues because those were the venues where the conversation was conducted. Obviously you know what I voiced, so you read them somewhere.....

My guess is you as well have voiced your opinions on various topics in those same venues, or maybe I am mistaken about that as well.

Yes I served you when you showed up at the bar, I was the host and that is what I do, anything else would have been inappropriate in my opinion.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That will never happen but he sure did start an awesome topic.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information