Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/2013 - Rancho Tipico

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Re: 10/2013 - Ad opens Rancho Tipico

How do you tone Rumbas or Clasicos down when there was never anything nefarious taking place in either bar? Both are simply gathering spots for tourists and locals. Deporting the owners and shutting down D'Latin sends the message you don't want large places where johns and hoes can conduct "business" in el centro. If that's the reason then leaving them open makes no sense because you still have two large gathering places where johns and hoes can conduct business in el centro. Same problem with the only difference the original owners have been deported. Unfortunately I think Clasicos will be shut down within the next few weeks. Maybe the deal Armando cut was for Merengue and After 1 to still be allowed to operate. There was a time when there were no discos in el centro. A couple of trips ago I saw Willie with a group coming out of the old High Caribe. I'm thinking he renovates the place and reopens it. Might explain why the new CESTUR station is right across the street. This will take some time so there might be a multi-month period where there is no real disco in Sosua that caters to tourists. For those who don't know the history of Sosua this isn't the first time they've run discos/large bars out of el centro.

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    I have a Hunch, they dont want to close any more places. or they would have done it already..
    Deporting people , kicking non Dom Nationals out, YES..
    I didnt want to contradict what another poster said before about "they want the place closed"...
    If that were the case, then Peters place (whos is now in germany), and Rumba, would not be allowed to RE open, or stay open..
    No way they would have allowed it.. just toned down ,, that seems to be enough for them.

And people keep saying Armando was "deported", I thought it stated he VOLUNTEERED to leave the country, promising never to return ? ( they twisted his arm, yes, but nonetheless)
    If thats the case, im sure he Negotiated something for it ( not fighting them in court) , other than just staying out of jail..

Initially i had incorrectly thought they wanted these Places for the REAL ESTATE, but that does not seem to be the case. Does it ?
    they may be looking to just send messages about the TYPE of places they want open, and the types of Patrons they will tolerate.

At this point i would be shocked if they closed Classicos, because it will leave huge Void.. and imo they made a deal to allow the palce to continue but no more blatant Putas looking for customers.

It would really be the Twilight zone of Classicos closes its Doors, and City Lights ends up being THE Hot spot to go to and dance with the Putas..
    And then the Authorities have to start the process all over again..
    better to have ONE real disco, and be in control, no ?

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

I have a Hunch, they dont want to close any more places. or they would have done it already..
    Deporting people , kicking non Dom Nationals out, YES..
    I didnt want to contradict what another poster said before about "they want the place closed"...
    If that were the case, then Peters place (whos is now in germany), and Rumba, would not be allowed to RE open, or stay open..
    No way they would have allowed it.. just toned down ,, that seems to be enough for them.

And people keep saying Armando was "deported", I thought it stated he VOLUNTEERED to leave the country, promising never to return ? ( they twisted his arm, yes, but nonetheless)
    If thats the case, im sure he Negotiated something for it ( not fighting them in court) , other than just staying out of jail..

Initially i had incorrectly thought they wanted these Places for the REAL ESTATE, but that does not seem to be the case. Does it ?
    they may be looking to just send messages about the TYPE of places they want open, and the types of Patrons they will tolerate.

At this point i would be shocked if they closed Classicos, because it will leave huge Void.. and imo they made a deal to allow the palce to continue but no more blatant Putas looking for customers.

It would really be the Twilight zone of Classicos closes its Doors, and City Lights ends up being THE Hot spot to go to and dance with the Putas..
    And then the Authorities have to start the process all over again..
    better to have ONE real disco, and be in control, no ?
    At this point, I'd be shocked if Classico and Rumba were still open for business in November.

What does running Bobby and Armando out of town really accomplish if their venues stay open? Unless their goal is the appearance of doing something (which actually achieves nothing) then they likely ran them out in the hopes that they would close their spots.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they started (assuming they haven't tried already) 'sending' minors in with fake cedulas (and maybe some drugs in their pockets) just so they could raid and close the places.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Consider the possibility that there was something else going on here and they used the promoting prostitution angle as a means to get what they wanted accomplished.

Perhaps there was something else going on with this gentleman and others would benefit from having him gone from the country. Whatever was said in that meeting was enough to persuade him to leave and it was probably more than the fear of rotting in a Dominican jail.

They have put fear into the WW community and make them scared to return which certainly reduces the in your face action that I am sure many would like gone from the country. I am sure there are some that were considering coming to Sosua that have now changed their plans.

Remember that Classicos was basically closed for a number of months and it really wasn't missed all that much. It only came back and opened on a consistent basis when D'Latin shut down.

So if it does shut down again there will be something else that will open back up to take up the slack. There are rumors that DLatin is going to reopen again in the near future about the time that things start to get busier. There was always some kind of connection between DLatin, Classicos and After One anyway so he must have been involved in DLatin in some manner. After all Willie might have been the face of DLatin but it is doubtful he was the financial backing for it.

Rancho Tipico is a completely different place than what's available on the strip and that is part of the charm.
    People that go there seem to be having a good time.
    The atmosphere is relaxed and it is just a fun place to hang out imo.

The WW will probably never like this place and for that I am ecstatic.

We need the bars for something to do and for somewhere to hang out and enjoy the evening.

They are not necessary for picking up chicas as there will always be chicas willing to satisfy our hunger for sexy time regardless of what places are open to service us.

It is just much easier to go to the meat market pen that it is to have to head out to the field to catch it.

A clean up could actually end up being a good thing.
    Perhaps the days where the chica ratio of 20-1 will no longer exist and maybe it will take more than a walk to the PC and 60 seconds to secure some action but they will always be there and there will always be opportunity.

Let's face it, a new crop turns 18 every day and it's not like there are going to be to many new opportunities to earn a living anytime in the near future as the dream of the "family tourist" saving the day will not and can not happen fast enough.

They gotta eat, pay the rent, buy the ropa and keep the RD on the phone and most of them know well enough there is one very easy way to accomplish that.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Let's face it, a new crop turns 18 every day and it's not like there are going to be to many new opportunities to earn a living anytime in the near future as the dream of the "family tourist" saving the day will not and can not happen fast enough.

They gotta eat, pay the rent, buy the ropa and keep the RD on the phone and most of them know well enough there is one very easy way to accomplish that.

Lest you forget. There is only one thing worse than being a chica w/o customers and money; being a chica w/o customers, money, and being locked up.
    Hasn't the new CESTUR pen at the far end of PC opened yet?

There is now talk that Carnival will allow passengers to disembark in Maimon for multi-day excursions. And multi-day excursions will def allow cruise ship passengers enough time to get to and enjoy Playa Sosua.
    And I don't think that the cruise ship crowd and mongers mix very well.

So the powers in-charge need to clean-up the place before the end of the year. And they sure are making an effort.

My point: all the pieces of the puzzle are finally beginning to fall into place.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wayne1967 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    At this point, I'd be shocked if Classico and Rumba were still open for business in November.

What does running Bobby and Armando out of town really accomplish if their venues stay open? Unless their goal is the appearance of doing something (which actually achieves nothing) then they likely ran them out in the hopes that they would close their spots.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they started (assuming they haven't tried already) 'sending' minors in with fake cedulas (and maybe some drugs in their pockets) just so they could raid and close the places.

I respectfully disagree with you 100%... I think they perhaps see now that EMPTY looks worse than TONED DOWN.. As you may recall they started wih the window frames, didnt get the desired results so they started closing places.. Do you really think they didnt have the POWER to CLOSE the places from the beginning ? please..
    Its not the place, it the clientele they want OUT
    .. as i said in the begin of this crackdown i thought they wanted to "steal" the real estate by de Valuing it..
    but maybe they see that EMPTY or burned out, does not look good for investors..

Ita the old sweep the dirt under the carpet when the guests are arriving syndrome.. Burning the carpet & the perhaps the whole living room in the process, serves no purpose. Maybe they FEAR that OWNERS will Retaliate by Torching their own places rather than just handing it over to these Goons who really have NO legal right to close a Sports bar, etc ?

I also think they will target soon, but not the places like Rumbas y Classicos, with the old Cedulas and underage Gag , that does nothing..
    Next up imo, is targeting Mongers.
    and IMO Rumbas will stay open, as will Classicos which they will use as a STAGE for their bullshit Theather..

....but your guess is as good as mine.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wayne1967 View Post
    Lest you forget. There is only one thing worse than being a chica w/o customers and money; being a chica w/o customers, money, and being locked up.

There is now talk that Carnival will allow passengers to disembark in Maimon for multi-day excursions. And multi-day excursions will def allow cruise ship passengers enough time to get to and enjoy Playa Sosua.

S

My point: all the pieces of the puzzle are finally beginning to fall into place.
    Since when does a ship stay in port a few days?

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Finally some Honesty... cuz some other dudes just feel this Need to not hurt his feelings or something.
    Ad KNOWS exactly what he is doing, esp in this environment.
    ... he is not hiring Fuglies by accident... IMO, it wont hurt his feelings to tell it like it is..

And imo again, If he FOCUSES 90 % on the FOOD, and makes it strictly a Restaurant, which just happnes to have Expats drinking at night and some nice music. He should have NO problems.. Bring your own date, dont be coming here looking for putas, should be a sign at the door.

Cuz dudes Pulling Chicas out of there to fuck em for 3 mil pesos, even after her shift ends , is NOT helping him in this Hostile Sosua environment..

you guys gathering at Rancho there need to TONE it down couple notches, just as much as the dudes with the Pool parties yelling crude obscenities over the PA... Nobody is immune..
    What the hell are you talking about??

He wanted to hire more Dominican waitresses. That is true. But your contention that he deliberately hires ugly chicas is just you making shit up out of thin air. How do you know he is deliberately hiring ugly chicas? Did he tell you that? When did he tell you that; because that is certainly not what he told me and, unlike you, I talk to him 4 or 5 times a week.

Who is it that doesn't want to hurt his feelings? I don't understand that tidbit of information either. Care to elaborate?

As for the guys gathering at Rancho Tipico needing to "tone it down" you really need to explain that one to me. How shall WE tone it down? Perhaps WE should stop drinking alcohol there??? Oh, but wait; it is bar and the express goal is to serve alcohol and make money. Oh, I know; WE should stop dancing with our chicas there. Oops, another problem; there is a dance floor area and music played specifically for people to dance and enjoy themselves. That is about all any of us does when we go to Rancho Tipico, drink and dance. But I am certainly open to any suggestions you may have regarding US toning it down.
    Enjoy it while you can.

Thanks

So the powers in-charge need to clean-up the place before the end of the year. And they sure are making an effort.

Where did you glean this bit of information from?

There are few if any ships that stay in one place for more than a day. Even places like Puerto Rico that is a point of origination and destination does not stay longer than a day with passengers on board. The whole idea of a cruise is to get out and visit multiple destinations so they are constantly on the move especially when in the Caribbean. Even the most popular destinations like St Thomas don't stay for more than a day.

Face it the north shore of the Dominican Republic does not have enough to offer a cruise ship passenger to warrant staying more than a few hours unless it was to chase after chicas and we all know they are not looking to promote that type of excursion.

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    Since when does a ship stay in port a few days?
    pretty much never. ships don't make money in port, they make their money at sea.

17. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Here is the new pen as of the end of July. There appears to be some jail space there but it looks much more like a police station than a jail.

Not sure why they located it here other than the land was available and someone wanted to spend some money to make themselves look better politically.

The chicas have had to deal with being locked up for some time. A new jail is not going to change that and at least for a little while the accommodations are going to be much better.
    The chicas have much greater fear of what the policia might do them and take advantage of them than they do being locked up.
    Many of these chicas have had hard lives and they will survive.

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

pretty much never. ships don't make money in port, they make their money at sea.
    You pay for drinks on board and lose money gambling.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Yeah. They did a documentary on CNBC and I remember Norwieigen cruise owns there own land spots at certain locations. They own all the vendors restaurants etc on that stop. They want that money for themselves. They are not in the business to make the stops rich.

23. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Next up imo, is targeting Mongers.

....but your guess is as good as mine.
    I wholeheartedly agree.
    Remember, sCubadave?

First he was loudly promoting Sosua and the DR as *the* party place. After a good shakedown by DR authorities and US CBP, he has changed his stance completely.
    Punish 1, teach 100!!!

If I were in charge, I'd just randomly arrest five mongers a week, hold them for two days, when put them on the next plane so that they can tell all their friends what just happened.

But let's not give them any ideas...

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wayne1967 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    What the hell are you talking about??

He wanted to hire more Dominican waitresses. That is true. But your contention that he deliberately hires ugly chicas is just you making shit up out of thin air. How do you know he is deliberately hiring ugly chicas? Did he tell you that? When did he tell you that; because that is certainly not what he told me and, unlike you, I talk to him 4 or 5 times a week.

Who is it that doesn't want to hurt his feelings? I don't understand that tidbit of information either. Care to elaborate?

As for the guys gathering at Rancho Tipico needing to "tone it down" you really need to explain that one to me. How shall WE tone it down? Perhaps WE should stop drinking alcohol there??? Oh, but wait; it is bar and the express goal is to serve alcohol and make money. Oh, I know; WE should stop dancing with our chicas there. Oops, another problem; there is a dance floor area and music played specifically for people to dance and enjoy themselves. That is about all any of us does when we go to Rancho Tipico, drink and dance. But I am certainly open to any suggestions you may have regarding US toning it down.

I really dont have any desire of explaining it to you in more detail ..

you seem to know it all. and have since you first landed on the island.

Are you still doing your Haitian chica pool parties ??
    im guessing NO.. thats an example of toning it down..
    Does Ad Allow SALIDAS ?? no, thats toning it down.

who said anything about NOT drinking and Dancing on a dance floor?

dont make me get out my box of crayons..

this is not about you... Nor am i telling Ad how to run his business..

Argue with the good mayor, go put words in her mouth
    not mine

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Where did you glean this bit of information from?

There are few if any ships that stay in one place for more than a day. Even places like Puerto Rico that is a point of origination and destination does not stay longer than a day with passengers on board. The whole idea of a cruise is to get out and visit multiple destinations so they are constantly on the move especially when in the Caribbean. Even the most popular destinations like St Thomas don't stay for more than a day.

Face it the north shore of the Dominican Republic does not have enough to offer a cruise ship passenger to warrant staying more than a few hours unless it was to chase after chicas and we all know they are not looking to promote that type of excursion.
    what I read was that a passenger would book their trip in advance to come in on one cruiseliner, take a few days off in the country while the original ship leaves, then the passenger continues on their cruise holiday by leaving on the next ship to come into port. How feasible that is I have no idea.

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

I really dont have any desire of explaining it to you in more detail ..

you seem to know it all. and have since you first landed on the island.

Are you still doing your Haitian chica pool parties ??
    im guessing NO.. thats an example of toning it down..
    Does Ad Allow SALIDAS ?? no, thats toning it down.

who said anything about NOT drinking and Dancing on a dance floor?

dont make me get out my box of crayons..

this is not about you... Nor am i telling Ad how to run his business..

Argue with the good mayor, go put words in her mouth
    not mine
    Go back and read your own post. You said; "you guys gathering at Rancho Tipico need to tone it down". That is exactly what you said. That specifically implies that we need to tone it down while gathering at Rancho Tipico. Really no other way to read that.

I had a very nice pool party for my birthday with 20+ chicas. Thank you very much.

I knew almost nothing about this place when I first landed. Now I know just enough that I don't have to make stuff up and engage in endless speculation.

You don't need to get out your box of crayons. You always have them out because it is the only thing you are capable of writing with much of the time. Also, you should try growing a thicker skin if you are going to participate on internet message boards. You get your panties in a bunch pretty easily over nothing. When you post something it is fair game for all, good and bad. If you can't handle a little criticism from time to time perhaps you should refrain from posting.

31. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

Finally some Honesty... cuz some other dudes just feel this Need to not hurt his feelings or something.
    Ad KNOWS exactly what he is doing, esp in this environment.
    ... he is not hiring Fuglies by accident... IMO, it wont hurt his feelings to tell it like it is..

And imo again, If he FOCUSES 90 % on the FOOD, and makes it strictly a Restaurant, which just happnes to have Expats drinking at night and some nice music. He should have NO problems.. Bring your own date, dont be coming here looking for putas, should be a sign at the door.

Cuz dudes Pulling Chicas out of there to fuck em for 3 mil pesos, even after her shift ends , is NOT helping him in this Hostile Sosua environment..

you guys gathering at Rancho there need to TONE it down couple notches, just as much as the dudes with the Pool parties yelling crude obscenities over the PA... Nobody is immune..
    JD, what dudes exactly are you referring to who don't want to hurt Ad's feelings? I'm a bit in the dark with that. After having just got back from a trip there, and visiting RT on probably 5-6 nights during a 10 night stay, I gotta go with Seville on this.

Look, IMO, the customer service that Ad provides is excellent. He is one of the few bar owners who consistantly offered free drinks (mama shots, sambuca....fucking hell....I can't forget that even if it made me forget everything else that happened afterward on my first night in town!) that I have ever received. And others have said the same. He helps to foster a spirited time for all, and encourages his staff to engage with the customers. Not, mind you, for any hanky panky, at least overtly, but just to make sure they are enjoying themselves.

Regarding the food, I see nothing wrong with it. The place is not 5 star, it is not Wolfgang Puck ok! But a chica did share her spaghetti with me and it was damn tasty. Chef Boyardee out of a can it was not!

Dudes pulling staff out for 3000 when they close? I saw none of that during my visits, and on two occasions, it was Seville and I who closed the joint. I even shook the hand of the security guy and said goodnight as I walked out.

If any of that does go on, I'm sure that Ad has cautioned them to be discreet about it, to make plans away from his place of business. Of course he is aware of the current climate and as far as I could tell, he is managing his place with all that in mind.

I had a bad chica experience there my 2nd night. Not a staff member, a Haitiana customer. Caused a ruckus back at the condo. Paid the bitch to leave, not a great deal. I told Ad about it and he banned her from the place. Even told me he saw the surveilance tape of us walking out. She was 86'd, told me she wasn't welcome back. I appreciated his gesture. He wants his customers to enjoy themselves and come back. If I lived there, it would be a place I would go 2-3 times a week for a few drinks.

At no time was there any need for anyone to tone it down. It already is a nice, chill place to enjoy the evening. No over the top wildness, just good music, a festive atmosphere, and a great alternative to the usual suspects. And a reasonable price on the grande cervezas. You won't break the bank to enjoy yourself there with friends.

The only thing I would advise is that if you want to buy a staff member a drink, you get the price of whatever drink it is before agreeing to pay. That way there is no confusion. Otherwise, stop in and have a good time.

33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    JD, what dudes exactly are you referring to who don't want to hurt Ad's feelings? I'm a bit in the dark with that. After having just got back from a trip there, and visiting RT on probably 5-6 nights during a 10 night stay, I gotta go with Seville on this.

Look, IMO, the customer service that Ad provides is excellent. He is one of the few bar owners who consistantly offered free drinks (mama shots, sambuca....fucking hell....I can't forget that even if it made me forget everything else that happened afterward on my first night in town!) that I have ever received. And others have said the same. He helps to foster a spirited time for all, and encourages his staff to engage with the customers. Not, mind you, for any hanky panky, at least overtly, but just to make sure they are enjoying themselves.

Regarding the food, I see nothing wrong with it. The place is not 5 star, it is not Wolfgang Puck ok! But a chica did share her spaghetti with me and it was damn tasty. Chef Boyardee out of a can it was not!

Dudes pulling staff out for 3000 when they close? I saw none of that during my visits, and on two occasions, it was Seville and I who closed the joint. I even shook the hand of the security guy and said goodnight as I walked out.

If any of that does go on, I'm sure that Ad has cautioned them to be discreet about it, to make plans away from his place of business. Of course he is aware of the current climate and as far as I could tell, he is managing his place with all that in mind.

I had a bad chica experience there my 2nd night. Not a staff member, a Haitiana customer. Caused a ruckus back at the condo. Paid the bitch to leave, not a great deal. I told Ad about it and he banned her from the place. Even told me he saw the surveilance tape of us walking out. She was 86'd, told me she wasn't welcome back. I appreciated his gesture. He wants his customers to enjoy themselves and come back. If I lived there, it would be a place I would go 2-3 times a week for a few drinks.

At no time was there any need for anyone to tone it down. It already is a nice, chill place to enjoy the evening. No over the top wildness, just good music, a festive atmosphere, and a great alternative to the usual suspects. And a reasonable price on the grande cervezas. You won't break the bank to enjoy yourself there with friends.

The only thing I would advise is that if you want to buy a staff member a drink, you get the price of whatever drink it is before agreeing to pay. That way there is no confusion. Otherwise, stop in and have a good time.

I forgot all about that. You were feeling no pain!

Every night we were there after that he was searching for another 'victim.' He was successful each time except my last night, so he tried to persuade me. Ummm, after seeing its effectiveness................I had to pass.

edit- I hope that story makes your trip report.
    Vida es buena....

35. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

And let's not forget how 15 pages ago, most everybody was, like: "Dude has no clue." "Place will never survive." Etc.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wayne1967 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    what I read was that a passenger would book their trip in advance to come in on one cruiseliner, take a few days off in the country while the original ship leaves, then the passenger continues on their cruise holiday by leaving on the next ship to come into port. How feasible that is I have no idea.

If you read it in SN, well I think most would agree, it's BS reporting

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3830&article=1
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

Thread Information