• Cubano Cafe (Apostropheman)

34 17.62%
  • La Roca (Apostropheman)

27 13.99%
  • News Cafe (Apostropheman)

5 2.59%
  • Scotch 'N' Sirloin (Apostropheman)

38 19.69%
  • PJ's...I know I know but the food is MUCH better now! (Apostropheman)

25 12.95%
  • Oh La Vaca (Apostropheman)

19 9.84%
  • Casa Marina A1A, I just walk in as I am looking for someone!! (Jimbo44)

5 2.59%
  • Big D's on the beach (Ram)

62 32.12%
  • The Waterfront (Apostropheman)

24 12.44%
  • Susanna's (DMV)

24 12.44%
  • Andre's Seafood on the beach (jd426)

7 3.63%
  • Romanoff (jd426)

18 9.33%
  • Statton's (Great Floor show there) (the_Jayman)

6 3.11%
  • Orchidee (KoKi9290)

18 9.33%
  • Ricky's Fried Chicken (KoKi9290)

11 5.70%
  • The Shark Bar (gdogg)

30 15.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Thread: 02/2010 - Your 5 Best Choices for Eating in Sosua

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Re: 02/2010 - Your 5 Best Choices for Eating in Sosua

Quote Originally Posted by vpchill View Post
    Before Big Ds. I forget the Name. You will see the Jamaican flag and he always blasting Reggae. Good dude, food is cooked fresh.
    Cool, I know the spot now that you mention it's on the beach. I ate there and hung with the owner and his buddies. Lots of fun!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blg100 View Post
    I know i'm a couple years late on this poll but I have to add that I feel Morua Mai is the best traditional resturant in sosua. By traditional I mean they have a wait staff and a full bar. IMO its the best place to eat in sosua. They have a great breakfast that they serve late, they have a wide variety of foods, and its is a pretty chill spot to hang out. We go there every single morning for breakfast.
    The food and service are excellent and fairly priced with few exceptions.

Strangely it is often all but empty but I prefer that to being crowded. I find the food much better than Bailys for example and always preferred it to La Roca. There is nothing else on the strip that is even close in terms of atmosphere and overall quality but I believe that is just a bit too "fancy" for many of us on a monger's vacation and a little too expensive for most expats to eat there regularly. At least that's what I hear and see.

La Finca is also very good and now that Simply Red is sadly closed the options for european style "fine dining" in an elegant and private feeling setting are very limited in Sosua proper. There's always Piergiorgio and if you don't mind venturing a little outside Sosua there are a few more options and of course Cabarete has some decent choices.

Anyone else getting hungry?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,517 Times in 10,205 Posts

I would have to say Baileys was my favorite for breakfast,

Scandinavian on the beach was my favorite for lunch !!

And a tie for dinner between La Costera(on Roberts recommendation) ,,,and The Italian place that has elephant in the title !!!

For pizza,,,,i liked the place behind Winners Circle where Tiger and I went !
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Before Big Ds. I forget the Name. You will see the Jamaican flag and he always blasting Reggae. Good dude, food is cooked fresh.
    #85 - Mosha's Reggae Lounge

highly recommended!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    #85 - Mosha's Reggae Lounge

highly recommended!
    Thats it. I love Jerk Chicken so when I met dude on the strip it was a no brainer. Food was great and he took care of us with whatever we needed.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    The food and service are excellent and fairly priced with few exceptions.

Strangely it is often all but empty but I prefer that to being crowded. I find the food much better than Bailys for example and always preferred it to La Roca. There is nothing else on the strip that is even close in terms of atmosphere and overall quality but I believe that is just a bit too "fancy" for many of us on a monger's vacation and a little too expensive for most expats to eat there regularly. At least that's what I hear and see.

La Finca is also very good and now that Simply Red is sadly closed the options for european style "fine dining" in an elegant and private feeling setting are very limited in Sosua proper. There's always Piergiorgio and if you don't mind venturing a little outside Sosua there are a few more options and of course Cabarete has some decent choices.

Anyone else getting hungry?
    I think the prices are extremely fair. It is a lil cheaper than eating at a resturant in the states but it is one of the few resturants that I would eat at in the states. If you took everything about Morua Mai and put it in the middle of miami I would go there. I also like the fact that they take American Express. In the DR my personal rule is that if a resturant takes American Express then I associate it with quality. If I don't eat at Morua Mai I usually eat at Susans(eventhough susanas prices are going up) 5-6 years ago when susana was on the other side of the street and it was mainly just chicas eating there it was better for me. You could get a entire meal and drink for 70 pesos. Lately the place next to the lil supermarket is where I go when the dudes Im with wanna eat down on that side of town. I use to fuck up the chicken that dude sold in the empty lot across from Europa but those days are gone...SMH. As much time as I spend in sosua I Never really brought myself to eating on the beach. Can't say that I ever have. When Im there next week we may go down there for lunch one day.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blg100 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,889 Posts

New place to add. Bologna. Best restaurant in Sosua by far. Not for the budget minded but if you can afford it, nothing better imo.
    "The Royal Penis is Clean Your Majesty"

"No cushion for the pushin, no peso for the queso"

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to princepointe For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princepointe View Post
    New place to add. Bologna. Best restaurant in Sosua by far. Not for the budget minded but if you can afford it, nothing better imo.
    Bologna is very good too no doubt.

Did you ever eat at Maura Mai?

There is a newer pizza place on Pedro Clisante just between Cubano Cafe and Britannia that is as good or better than Bologna for a pie. Oh La Vache also has decent pizza and excellent French cuisine considering it is in Sosua . Hostaria 21 is the most authentic Italian restaurant in town, at least as good as Bologna and I like the food there better.

Of course Bologna is almost as good as anything else in town, and better than many, and all in one location so it's hard to beat .

Personally I like Dominican food so if that's all I ate on vacation I'd be happy. I can get a wide variety of awesome food for excellent restaurants back home.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I would recommend Mofongo King on the beach which is just across the laneway, up to the stairs leading to the highway "mid beach", from Aris restaurant which is i think #68 or 69.

Both have excellent food and the view of the ocean, and chicas, is hard to beat

There are lots of other decent places to eat on the beach if you know where to look and are a little adventurous.

Quote Originally Posted by blg100 View Post
    I think the prices are extremely fair. It is a lil cheaper than eating at a resturant in the states but it is one of the few resturants that I would eat at in the states. If you took everything about Morua Mai and put it in the middle of miami I would go there. I also like the fact that they take American Express. In the DR my personal rule is that if a resturant takes American Express then I associate it with quality. If I don't eat at Morua Mai I usually eat at Susans(eventhough susanas prices are going up) 5-6 years ago when susana was on the other side of the street and it was mainly just chicas eating there it was better for me. You could get a entire meal and drink for 70 pesos. Lately the place next to the lil supermarket is where I go when the dudes Im with wanna eat down on that side of town. I use to fuck up the chicken that dude sold in the empty lot across from Europa but those days are gone...SMH. As much time as I spend in sosua I Never really brought myself to eating on the beach. Can't say that I ever have. When Im there next week we may go down there for lunch one day.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm going there tomorrow

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BROOKLYN_357 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Mofongo King is still a great place to eat on the beach

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    Click to see pic

Mofongo King is still a great place to eat on the beach
    Until the dude RATS you out to your chica..
    En una tierra de mujeres hermosas, Yo soy El Rey

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Tell us about it.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

True... but I never hang with that dude, I keep it cordial when I'm at the spot eating there. Even before him snitching on you. I just kept it cordial.. Now mi amiga working there that is a different story...

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks

True... but I never hang with that dude, I keep it cordial when I'm at the spot eating there. Even before him snitching on you. I just kept it cordial.. Now mi amiga working there that is a different story...

Click to see pic
    Why do you call it snitching? He lives there and they live there. They just talking about the gringos.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Its VP's story but seems like dude told his chica he was on the beach with another chica.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Its VP's story but seems like dude told his chica he was on the beach with another chica.
    There may be more to it. I am just saying.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Click to see pic
    I think she more then works there... Tiger, isnt she and her husband the owner?

They have some great garlic fish... Cant wait to have it in a couple weeks...

In regards to Maura Mai, I used to love that place back in the days of 50-1 peso to USD, it was always expensive but always good food... Nowadays it seems so dead in there, you barely know its still open... At least thats how it was last year... If a place doesnt do any business, how can they keep fresh food... Thats the way I see it...

Back in the days, the owner used to have real deal cuban cigars, expensive, but they werent the fake cubans on the beach...

Xmendave, that pizza spot behind Winners Circle is very good! And that's coming from a pizza lover from NY.. I think a large pizza is 300 pesos and believe the tax is included in the price.. Great late night snack!

Baileys for breakfast is also a great call, but I really love the ice cream crepe there... Soooo goood... but hope you dont mind waiting cause they make the crepe fresh... Rocky's or Baileys for breakfast, I dont think I ever ate anywhere else for the first meal of the day
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

I voted for 5 but was surprised to see the best place to eat on the beach, Scandanavian Bar, wasn't even listed! That is a no brainer for me as Tom grills up some of the best burgers you'll ever taste.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,517 Times in 10,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    I think she more then works there... Tiger, isnt she and her husband the owner?

They have some great garlic fish... Cant wait to have it in a couple weeks...

In regards to Maura Mai, I used to love that place back in the days of 50-1 peso to USD, it was always expensive but always good food... Nowadays it seems so dead in there, you barely know its still open... At least thats how it was last year... If a place doesnt do any business, how can they keep fresh food... Thats the way I see it...

Back in the days, the owner used to have real deal cuban cigars, expensive, but they werent the fake cubans on the beach...

Xmendave, that pizza spot behind Winners Circle is very good! And that's coming from a pizza lover from NY.. I think a large pizza is 300 pesos and believe the tax is included in the price.. Great late night snack!

Baileys for breakfast is also a great call, but I really love the ice cream crepe there... Soooo goood... but hope you dont mind waiting cause they make the crepe fresh... Rocky's or Baileys for breakfast, I dont think I ever ate anywhere else for the first meal of the day

Yeah Beas,,,,I thought it was very good there,,,,,Went with tiger and a couple chicas in January,,,,,and also went
    there recently in October with my girl Tiny,,,,,,,,,She had one slice, and I ate the rest,,,,,It was downpouring rain,,and the streets were flooded really bad,,,,,,Between the sound of the rain, the pizza, and the drinking,,,I ended up falling asleep right there in the restaurant,,,,,,,,she let me sleep for a half hour,,and then woke me up,,,,,,,,,,,,

Sometimes they have a special as well where each person gets one free drink ,,,,,

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 41112131415 LastLast

Thread Information