Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 07/2015 - for sale by owner BB

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Re: for sale by owner BB

Quote Originally Posted by BigLongBeach View Post
    Where is dquick? he is in the hotel business now.

Quick D's Casa.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

This was posted in ISG this morning

Blackbeards Update From El' Capitan
    Saludos to all from, John, the original and still owner of Blackbeards.

Apparently the Coconut Telegraph has "blown a nut" somewhere by reporting that I sold the hotel or plan to close it after 13 successful years. This is absolutely not true, and additionally, I don't have any partners either. Although I have been absent recently for personal reasons, I continue to invest heavily in improvements in all areas of the business. Just follow our newsletter for current updates.

As of last week however, I have decided to retire and sell the hotel. I guess that when I received my application for Medicare, my friends told me that it was MY time to relax, sit by the pool and drink a few beers with a good looking Chica! In the meantime, absolutely nothing will change. All of my employees are fully aware of the sale and have agreed to stay and expect that the new owner will keep them employed.

If you would like more details about the Hotel / Sale Simply Google Search "Blackbeards Hotel For Sale" and you will get what you need. The site is not completely finished so bare with us for a few more weeks.

Personally, I think the hotel is running better than ever, and now would be a great time to visit. I hope this puts an end to all of the rumors and we all look forward to seeing you soon.

Gracias,

El' Capitan.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,555 Times in 660 Posts

I've stayed at BB a number of times and have always enjoyed the experience. I know some tire of it after two or three days, but not me. I also enjoy my week or longer stays in Sosua. Two very different type of experiences. John at BB developed a good business plan that included value for the price, no hassle, quality environment, beach nearby, good restaurant, and well-trained chicas. If someone buys it and comes in with an entirely different plan instead of seriously considering the model of success John developed, it better be a darn-good plan. I think the better idea would be to continue building on its current business model with gradual further developments/enhancements.

As has been mentioned, the politics of purchasing such a business in the DR is a major concern given the history of the government and policing authorities to kill many a Golden Goose for their communities. How to figure that in the price point is difficult to know? John would need to provide some guidelines on how to keep it in business given the DR environment. Perhaps John would consider a time-purchase in order to encourage the ongoing success of the business. A serious businessman would be necessary in that environment. An entertaining place to own, but the day-to-day management and headaches would be plenty. John, having been raised in South America (if I remember correctly) speaks perfect Spanish and understands Latin America business models (figuratively and literally).

I'm hoping he finds the right new owner.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sonrisa For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

Re: 07/2015 - for sale by owner BB

2.5 is a little steep but I am sure he is shooting high. It'll be interesting to see if anyone buys in.
    I'm back... Heading Back To Green #TurnUpTime

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to givengo440 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MyTio View Post
    I am in Costambar at the moment (Not staying at Black Beards) I am told that several serious inquiries have been received. Principles of these inquiries will be visiting BB over the next few weeks to investigate and do their due diligence. I also understand that it is John's preference to sell to someone who is a previous BB's customer and who will not change the overall approach to the business.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nick T For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,527 Times in 1,081 Posts

I wonder if the new cruise port will affect BB ??? That would be a concern I would imagine

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wrgold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wrgold View Post
    I wonder if the new cruise port will affect BB ??? That would be a concern I would imagine
    I doubt it will affect them much. Costambar is far enough off Ruta 5 that they won't even be on the radar.

I could see Barba Negra getting the occasional gentleman-tourist who sends his wife off on the Amber Museum and Puerto Plata Sights tour, saying "I'm under the weather but don't let that interfere with your fun" - then, as soon as her bus pulls out, grabs a cab and heads over to tap a Shipmate. But I doubt if there will be many, because the kind of guy who takes his missus on a cruise-ship cruise isn't the kind of guy who knows about Blackbeard's.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,527 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I doubt it will affect them much. Costambar is far enough off Ruta 5 that they won't even be on the radar.

I could see Barba Negra getting the occasional gentleman-tourist who sends his wife off on the Amber Museum and Puerto Plata Sights tour, saying "I'm under the weather but don't let that interfere with your fun" - then, as soon as her bus pulls out, grabs a cab and heads over to tap a Shipmate. But I doubt if there will be many, because the kind of guy who takes his missus on a cruise-ship cruise isn't the kind of guy who knows about Blackbeard's.

I was thinking of it more from a negative aspect, seeing how they been cracking down on these establishments in Sosua. Wondered if they could be on the radar

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wrgold For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wrgold View Post
    I was thinking of it more from a negative aspect, seeing how they been cracking down on these establishments in Sosua. Wondered if they could be on the radar
    Nobody knows for sure but I would assume it is not in great danger for now since it is off the beaten path.
    All the establishments of that kind that were not in the center of town or close to public eyes were not touched at all...
    follow my Negril trip report at http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429348-07-2014-I-am-back-in-the-saddle-again-El-Cristo-Negril-trip-report

Sometimes we fuck up...and life is so much better that way...

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am just back from a fall trip to Costamber. The scuttlebutt is that two groups are interested in buying Black Beards. The first is a front for the Russian Mafia, the second is a group of guys who visit Black Beard's. Rumour has it that John favours the latter, but "they cannot get their shit together". i.e. agree.

19. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nick T For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I am just back from a five week trip to Costambar. The rumour is that the sale is going no where. But also that John, the owner, is not well. My fear is that he will die without a sale and the place will just wither away, which, in my opinion, will be a shame. It caters to a unique market. I know many Sosua mongers on this site are critical of the business model, but it does fulfill a need.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nick T For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick T View Post
    I am just back from a five week trip to Costambar. The rumour is that the sale is going no where. But also that John, the owner, is not well. My fear is that he will die without a sale and the place will just wither away, which, in my opinion, will be a shame. It caters to a unique market. I know many Sosua mongers on this site are critical of the business model, but it does fulfill a need.
    It does fill a need.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information