Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 08/2011 - Hurricane Irene

Thanks
    Thanked 72,282 Times in 11,775 Posts

Re: Hurricane Irene

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    CT....its starting to thunder and rain here. dont mind me. I am just talking bulltetin board trash
    Oh, yeah, that's understood. Connecticut sticks out into the Atlantic enough that you actually may get more out of it than I've gotten ... so far.

My major hope is that the power grid won't be disrupted by the storm. So far so good. My only regret is that I didn't fix myself a two-quart pitcher of the "Hurricane" cocktail - I've got several pouches of Pat O'Brien's Hurricane mix.... oh well.

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

Well it's almost midnight. Here in north Jersey we've had steady hard rain, but little wind so far. They sat that it will kick up around 2 AM andthat the eye will pass this far north around 8.

As for the hype, I do belive that this could be serious. They have no way of knowing if the storm will turn in land and weaken or ride the coast and keep drawing strength from the ocean.

It's a good idea to be prepared, but many people take it to the extreme. I saw a woman at costco with 40 gallons of water. Asked her if she was loading in the animals two by two.

OTOH, if the water supply does get compomised I'll be happy to have a couple of gallons of water, Iced Tea and two six packs to get through. If the water is good I'll still drink th erest over the next week or so.

Any one catch the idiot Glen Beck when he said the hurricane is a blessing because it will teach people to be prepared?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Watching a little bit of news, and seeing quite a bit of flooding in Long Beach, I used to live there on Broadway which was right next to the boardwalk, lived there for a few years before I got married, Long Beach was a fun town back in the day for a single guy. During that time only once remember any significance flooding on Broadway, based on what I am seeing on the news this flooding is worse than anything I experienced while I lived there, it's already gone quite a few blocks past Broadway which is significant.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

Thanks
    Thanked 72,282 Times in 11,775 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico View Post
    Any one catch the idiot Glen Beck when he said the hurricane is a blessing because it will teach people to be prepared?
    No, and it reinforces my feelings that the "glass teat" is the lowest common denominator of Western civilization. The idiot box, of idiots, by idiots, for idiots.

The place to learn to Be Prepared is the Boy Scouts.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    No, and it reinforces my feelings that the "glass teat" is the lowest common denominator of Western civilization. The idiot box, of idiots, by idiots, for idiots........

Now the next question is; is if the new idiot box is the computer w/ internet??

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Re: 08/2011 - Hurricane Irene

Hope all are doing ok after the storm and those who might still be going through it.

One good thing about living in the city. Power is less likely to go out ( most of the lines are under ground). My lights flickered but never went out. I have some roof damage but that's about it. Some neighbor didn't fare as well, bricks fell off the front facade. I guess that earth quake and two days of heavy rain and wind didn't help.

I was also happy to received a couple of calls from some RD chicas to see if I was alright.
    I'm a Payer not a Player

Thanks
    Thanked 97,682 Times in 17,147 Posts

Irene looks like a pussy. Barely a cat 1. more like trop storm. as usual the media is overblowing things
    Well the pussy hurricane Irene is turning into a big pain in the ass for me.

no power at work or home for 3 days now. At starbucks now looking at hot yale virgin students..lol...

could be a week till I get it back...ughh. maybe going without internet is a good thing.

fix my poles El Drunko and stop drinking...you drunk.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

no power at...... home for 3 days now.
    Same here, including no cell service, and not expecting power until at least Saturday, if not another week after that.
    Had to cancel my trip to POP this Saturday (my choice) and not happy. BUT, the house survived any damage, and it would piss me off to no end to head down to POP and come back and find most of my shit missing.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,682 Times in 17,147 Posts

Re: 08/2011 - Hurricane Irene

After 5 nights and 6 days I finally have power and internet back. Man I was going out every night drinking. Good thing it came back..lol...

Back to degenerate internet life

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Same here, including no cell service, and not expecting power until at least Saturday, if not another week after that.
    Had to cancel my trip to POP this Saturday (my choice) and not happy. BUT, the house survived any damage, and it would piss me off to no end to head down to POP and come back and find most of my shit missing.
    Had to cancel my trip to DR also.I know Irene fucked up a lot of people's houses and being a plumber the calls have already started coming in for new boilers,water heaters.Been slow with work for two years and opportunity is knocking.I will be able to stay longer next trip with extra dinero.
    mas dinero =mas chicas

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donaldo66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Donaldo66 View Post
    Had to cancel my trip to DR also.I know Irene fucked up a lot of people's houses and being a plumber the calls have already started coming in for new boilers,water heaters.Been slow with work for two years and opportunity is knocking.I will be able to stay longer next trip with extra dinero.
    mas dinero =mas chicas
    I'm blown away by the affect a Tropical storm had. I can't imagine what we'd be going through had it remained a CAT 2 or 3 storm.
    I came home from work yesterday and was surprised to find the electricity on. The only thing upsetting was that I had just purchased a generator the day before.
    Now the focus is on getting the okay from work to reschedule another trip down to POP.

But, yeah Donaldo66, bank that money and party your ass off when you do make it down to the DR.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread Information