Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: 07/2014 - Anyone going to Santiago in Mid August?

Thanks

Re: 07/2014 - Anyone going to Santiago in Mid August?

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    TGunnz I gotta bring you to my hood in BK.. Get you some L&B spumoni gardens squares... That' the best pizza in the world and I wont listen to anyone else on their opinions! LOL... Hanzo that dollar pizza is nasty and cheap ass ingredients... You can come along to L&B's my treat!

Damn this thread is viral!!!
    this man knows what hes talking about. I grew up on L&Bs pizza, every time I go there now it reminds me of my younger days so the pizza tastes extra delicious.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to beyondthewall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beyondthewall View Post
    this man knows what hes talking about. I grew up on L&Bs pizza, every time I go there now it reminds me of my younger days so the pizza tastes extra delicious.
    Now you're on the team... For a minute there I thought you were crazy in love with a whore.... Now I realize she is a regular chica and you are a guy that knows good pizza... Welcome aboard Beyond!

BkBeas
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,650 Times in 2,270 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beyondthewall View Post
    I just got back from there in June but now I realized I blah blah blah
    I'm arriving late to this thread, but here goes:

1. Put up the chick's pic. If she's on DC and from Santiago, there's a good chance either I, MrBlackLuv, DCIronman or someone else on the board has already fucked her. I can almost guarantee that if I haven't fucked her that I've probably talked to her and can tell you what her deal is. But the overwhelming chance is that you're 1 of about 20 guys that she's talking to. At the moment she's talking to you or with you, you are the most important man in her life. The moment she's talking to me or with me, I become the most important man in her life. Whoever she's with at the moment is the most important man in her life. Treat her the same way and you'll both be happy and free. Learn to say no so that you're not "locked-in." She'll be fine with it. Remember that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

2. Just had a cousin book an airbnb.com apartment for 2 weeks and leave after 3 days. It was a disaster. That's one negative experience. Many on this board have had very good experiences. Avoid the one in Cerros de Gurabo so you avoid what happened to my cousin.

3. Food in Santiago: If you're sick of mangu, salami, huevo frito (although I personally can't comprehend how that is possible) and are looking for good food in Santiago, here's a partial list - Ahi Bar (churrasco importado), El Rancho Steakhouse, Mariscos Caribenos, Noah, El Tablon, Kitchen Gallery Bistro, La Parrillita, Square One. Avoid anything you recognize from the USA (Tony Roma's, Friday's, Burger King, etc.)

4. Best pizza is DiFara's in Brooklyn. Avenue J and 14th St. in Midwood. Tell Dom that Uncle Ruckus sent you and he'll probably smack you with the pizza spatula.

As usual, I agree with everything Hanzo and Mr. Happy wrote.

Anything I missed?

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,420 Times in 1,613 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uncle ruckus View Post

1. Put up the chick's pic. If she's on DC and from Santiago, there's a good chance either I, MrBlackLuv, DCIronman or someone else on the board has already fucked her. I can almost guarantee that if I haven't fucked her that I've probably talked to her and can tell you what her deal is. But the overwhelming chance is that you're 1 of about 20 guys that she's talking to. At the moment she's talking to you or with you, you are the most important man in her life. The moment she's talking to me or with me, I become the most important man in her life. Whoever she's with at the moment is the most important man in her life. Treat her the same way and you'll both be happy and free. Learn to say no so that you're not "locked-in." She'll be fine with it. Remember that absence makes the heart grow fonder.

2. Just had a cousin book an airbnb.com apartment for 2 weeks and leave after 3 days. It was a disaster. That's one negative experience. Many on this board have had very good experiences. Avoid the one in Cerros de Gurabo so you avoid what happened to my cousin.

3. Food in Santiago: If you're sick of mangu, salami, huevo frito (although I personally can't comprehend how that is possible) and are looking for good food in Santiago, here's a partial list - Ahi Bar (churrasco importado), El Rancho Steakhouse, Mariscos Caribenos, Noah, El Tablon, Kitchen Gallery Bistro, La Parrillita, Square One. Avoid anything you recognize from the USA (Tony Roma's, Friday's, Burger King, etc.)

4. Best pizza is DiFara's in Brooklyn. Avenue J and 14th St. in Midwood. Tell Dom that Uncle Ruckus sent you and he'll probably smack you with the pizza spatula.

Anything I missed?

I agree, put the chicks picture up would settle this whole debate.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hanzo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Anything I missed?
    The truth hurts?

But it will make him stronger.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

3. Food in Santiago: If you're sick of mangu, salami, huevo frito (although I personally can't comprehend how that is possible) and are looking for good food in Santiago, here's a partial list - Ahi Bar (churrasco importado),

Anything I missed?
    Still awesome ten years later I see.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Have you tried Di Faras? Good?
    I almost decided to go to DiFara's today... Was reading some reviews and wanna try it.. But then saw the average wait time and decided i'll go during the week (they are closed Monday and Tuesday) so maybe Wednesday or Thursday when there is more of a chance that I wont have to wait as long...

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

I almost decided to go to DiFara's today... Was reading some reviews and wanna try it.. But then saw the average wait time and decided i'll go during the week (they are closed Monday and Tuesday) so maybe Wednesday or Thursday when there is more of a chance that I wont have to wait as long...
    Do they have a website? If not, what is the address?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor JDR of Medellin View Post
    Do they have a website? If not, what is the address?
    http://www.difara.com/

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It's less then 2 miles from me and 6-8 minute drive... Only thing is it can be a 3 hour wait for a pie... Crazy!

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

It's less then 2 miles from me and 6-8 minute drive... Only thing is it can be a 3 hour wait for a pie... Crazy!
    Do a take out pie first time or take a hot date there

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

To me, a 3 hour wait for anything is beyond stupid. Any business that is not willing to expand to meet demand is stupid.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    To me, a 3 hour wait for anything is beyond stupid. Any business that is not willing to expand to meet demand is stupid.
    There are a few that set out to make say 200 pies a day and call it a day. They have verything they need and their kids are set up for life.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Disagree...That is the whole mystique of the place. They are creating the demand by the lines....Just like nightclubs who don't let anyone in to see its a happening place.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Disagree...That is the whole mystique of the place. They are creating the demand by the lines....Just like nightclubs who don't let anyone in to see its a happening place.
    Lots of people having nothing better to do than wait in line for three hours and then go home.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

There is one thing I look forward to each year when they come to NY... It's the Big Apple BBQ Block Party in Madion square park in Manhattan

My favorite for years, ha been Big Bob Gibson's pulled pork... I always buy a fast pass before the event, so I only have to wait on semi-long lines... If you dont have this pass the wait can be around 3 hours for each vendor... Even with the pass, waiting on the "fast pass" line can take up to an hour at times...

My favorite and the line I start each year is Big Bob Gibson. Originally from Decatur Alabama, it is by far the best pulled pork and red BBQ sauce on the planet...

They have won over 10 competitions for their sauce and over 10 for their world championship Pork... Here is a sneak peak at their pulled pork sandwich loaded with sauce...

Maybe one of the mods can pull out of "Food talk" from this thread, being that it's officially jacked big time!

http://www.bigbobgibson.com/

Edit: Click this link for their awards... Way more then I thought - http://www.bigbobgibson.com/awards/

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

There is one thing I look forward to each year when they come to NY... It's the Big Apple BBQ Block Party in Madion square park in Manhattan

My favorite for years, ha been Big Bob Gibson's pulled pork... I always buy a fast pass before the event, so I only have to wait on semi-long lines... If you dont have this pass the wait can be around 3 hours for each vendor... Even with the pass, waiting on the "fast pass" line can take up to an hour at times...

My favorite and the line I start each year is Big Bob Gibson. Originally from Decatur Alabama, it is by far the best pulled pork and red BBQ sauce on the planet...

They have won over 10 competitions for their sauce and over 10 for their world championship Pork... Here is a sneak peak at their pulled pork sandwich loaded with sauce...

Maybe one of the mods can pull out of "Food talk" from this thread, being that it's officially jacked big time!

Click to see pic

Edit: Click this link for their awards... Way more then I thought - http://www.bigbobgibson.com/awards/
    That looks very good but I'm with Happy on this one. I'm not waiting 2 - 3 hours for a pizza or any other meal. Not waiting an hour to get into a club either. Just not that important to me.
    Enjoy it while you can.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,650 Times in 2,270 Posts

Usually I would agree. In this case I don't.

Dominic DeMarco is DiFara's pizza. He's almost 80 and takes his time making every single pizza pie. And it's the damndest thing, but his hands and his time are what give the pizza its taste. I've had pizza made by his daughter Margie and by his sons at DeMarco's in the East Village and it's just not the same. It's still great pizza, but not the same as when Dom makes it.

One of his sons opened one up in Vegas. I'm going to have to check it out when I'm back there. FYI, his kids are doing all this essentially without Dom's permission. He lets them use his name and image cause he's 80 years old and just doesn't care, but it's not like he's making any money from his kids trading on his name and reputation.

http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/de-marcos-pizzeria-and-restaurant/

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Usually I would agree. In this case I don't.

Dominic DeMarco is DiFara's pizza. He's almost 80 and takes his time making every single pizza pie. And it's the damndest thing, but his hands and his time are what give the pizza its taste. I've had pizza made by his daughter Margie and by his sons at DeMarco's in the East Village and it's just not the same. It's still great pizza, but not the same as when Dom makes it.

One of his sons opened one up in Vegas. I'm going to have to check it out when I'm back there. FYI, his kids are doing all this essentially without Dom's permission. He lets them use his name and image cause he's 80 years old and just doesn't care, but it's not like he's making any money from his kids trading on his name and reputation.

http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/de-marcos-pizzeria-and-restaurant/

I just may have to check out the one in the city.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Click to see pic

very, very nice and looks good but.............you need to come down South. The awards are great but just like the NE, it's those little hole in the wall places that have the best.
    Vida es buena....

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread Information