Thread: Hello, heading to Punta Cana this weekend

Thanks

Hello, heading to Punta Cana this weekend

Hey guys, I have been reading all the GREAT info on this site for several months now, and really appreciate all the great tips.
    I am heading out to Punta Cana next weekend(Oct 23 thru 29) I will be travelling alone.
    Will be staying at an all inclusive called the Sol Melia Tropical.
    Was wondering if anybody here might have some information on the hotel,or more importantly information on where and how to meet some chicas in the area. Also the going rates would be great as well
    I speak very limited Spanish.
    Feel free to email me or post here.
    Thanks guys and I will let everybody know how it goes.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Hello, heading to Punta Cana this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by jeremytn View Post
    Hey guys, I have been reading all the GREAT info on this site for several months now, and really appreciate all the great tips.
    I am heading out to Punta Cana next weekend(Oct 23 thru 29) I will be travelling alone.
    Was wondering if anybody here might have some information on the hotel,or more importantly information on where and how to meet some chicas in the area. Also the going rates would be great as well
    Sol Melia Tropical is a beautiful resort one of the best. But, it is very family orientated. Your limited Spanish skills will not be a problem at the resort. If you want more info on the resort go to google and type sol melia dominican republic. Now for the ladies that you would like to meet. It all depends on what you want. If you bring them back to the resort make sure that they look presentable. Otherwise all eyes on you. You will pay they resort a fee for having a extra person. At night there will be ladies walking the street. There are ST hotels in the area. But, if you want someone with you for a GF experience, I suggest you make friends with someone who is working on the resort that can show you around. Take you to some of the clubs in the area. A female worker will not do anything on the resort, because of fear of losing her job. She will meet you after work. Get to know the men working there, I suggest make a friend. A lot of them live in Higuey which is about 45 mins away. They might hook up with a friend or relative. This is what I normally do. You can bring her back to the resort of a couple of days. And for that time she will be your GF. But like I said it is up to you. Remember this, Punta Cana is a tourist town more family involvement. So just use your head. Good luck and waiting to read your post report with photos! LOL

Oh, I last thing! Always negotiate the price. Make sure they understand. If it seems to high for you, then it is. (Nothing over 1500 pesos for one day & nothing over 3000 for a couple of days). Give a tip if she is good. And if she is from Higuey make sure that the taxi money is taken care of!
    Live & Let Live! And Always Remember To Drink & Fuck Wisely

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to osanhopps For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osanhopps View Post
    Sol Melia Tropical is a beautiful resort one of the best. But, it is very family orientated. Your limited Spanish skills will not be a problem at the resort. If you want more info on the resort go to google and type sol melia dominican republic. Now for the ladies that you would like to meet. It all depends on what you want. If you bring them back to the resort make sure that they look presentable. Otherwise all eyes on you. You will pay they resort a fee for having a extra person. At night there will be ladies walking the street. There are ST hotels in the area. But, if you want someone with you for a GF experience, I suggest you make friends with someone who is working on the resort that can show you around. Take you to some of the clubs in the area. A female worker will not do anything on the resort, because of fear of losing her job. She will meet you after work. Get to know the men working there, I suggest make a friend. A lot of them live in Higuey which is about 45 mins away. They might hook up with a friend or relative. This is what I normally do. You can bring her back to the resort of a couple of days. And for that time she will be your GF. But like I said it is up to you. Remember this, Punta Cana is a tourist town more family involvement. So just use your head. Good luck and waiting to read your post report with photos! LOL

Oh, I last thing! Always negotiate the price. Make sure they understand. If it seems to high for you, then it is. (Nothing over 1500 pesos for one day & nothing over 3000 for a couple of days). Give a tip if she is good. And if she is from Higuey make sure that the taxi money is taken care of!
    osanhopps gave you a education and a good one I might add but I will add this don't drink the water or even brush your teeth with buy bottled and your stomach will love you forever. I don't even ask for ice cubes
    I'm back... Heading Back To Green #TurnUpTime

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to givengo440 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 967 Posts

if you have really been reading all the GREAT info on this board for some time why on earth are you going alone to Punta Cana? All the monger action takes place in and around Sosua with Puerto Plata (POP) as its airport. Pls try and rebook !!!!!!!!!!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jensenspecial For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by givengo440 View Post
    osanhopps gave you a education and a good one I might add but I will add this don't drink the water or even brush your teeth with buy bottled and your stomach will love you forever. I don't even ask for ice cubes
    And for added safety take Cipro or Septra for a week before and during your trip to ward off infections and assorted bugs everywhere. And a shot of booze at least several times a day helps kill them too and carry Purel everywhere.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I would not recommend an AI, get a hotel. Save your money for a taxi, drinks and chicas.

Disco: Webster Hall, Mangu*, Hard Rock, Huracan Café, Imagine*

Chicas: Jazzy's, La Punta, Barbies, El Pachi. I believe all have room’s onsite.

Use good negotiating skill. The chicas will know you are a tourist and their first thought will be $$$ (cha ching). Expect more of a premium than other cities.

No espanol no problema.

No problem with the water on an AI.

Use a taxi to get around at night, negotiate. Everything is fairly close.

Though I have not been yet (May), every other member would agree. Go to Sousa if it’s not too late.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to borninusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey guys thanks again for all the answers, here is a little more info on My situation.
    I am getting the flight to PC for free,and the AI place is only $79 per night. I figure I can eat and drink that much. Plus I would like to be able to do some relaxing in addition to the mongering.
    I kind of thought from reading that getting them back into the hotel might be a problem,but I didnt know it was really that hard.
    Would it be a good idea to keep the hotel reservations at this place,and get a really cheap place close by just to play?
    Also does anybody know if I met one I wanted to see for a couple days, can you pay for her at the resort,or do they just not allow locals at all?
    Thanks again J

Thanks

Hey guys thanks again for all the answers, here is a little more info on My situation.
    I am getting the flight to PC for free,and the AI place is only $79 per night. I figure I can eat and drink that much. Plus I would like to be able to do some relaxing in addition to the mongering.
    I kind of thought from reading that getting them back into the hotel might be a problem,but I didnt know it was really that hard.
    Would it be a good idea to keep the hotel reservations at this place,and get a really cheap place close by just to play?
    Also does anybody know if I met one I wanted to see for a couple days, can you pay for her at the resort,or do they just not allow locals at all?
    Thanks again J
    Most all AI's will allow in a guest if you pay the extra guest fee which on a cheap $79 place should be less than $50. I would just find one that dresses presentable and be discreet and you should not have a problem I have done it many times in many countries. Osanhopps has already given you great advice on this subject in better detail I would read it again. I don't know anything about cheap hotels there close by but if you read here and DR1 you should be able to find everything you need to know. Have fun.
    Last edited by mikelodge; 10-14-2009 at 09:10 AM. Reason: grammer

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

the mongers where bringing in Chicas for around $50/night at AI Casa Marina in Sosua.....

I just find it better to meet Chicas on neutral ground in case the Chica falls out of favor which can easily happen in the DR.......I like getting an inexpensive room in no tell motel unless you really looking for a gf for the trip........which I don't blame you as I did see some stunners last month in the DR.......and still can't believe I was banging some good looking Chicas for 1,000 pesos........guess that's less than $30bucks.....lol

wonder what would have happened if I was trying to get them for $500 pesos........I didn't dare try........lol.......but I guess I could have tried for $800 pesos.......lol.......the art of negotiations........guess I should take some lessons from the infamous Jimbo......lol

17. The Following User Says Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know I am going to get flack for saying this, but here it goes. If you are going to DR for the first time. It would be best if you did go to a AI. This is so you can get the feel for the place. Especially if you are going alone. But, if you can meet up with one of the members here, then my friend take a chance. We will not steer you wrong. We are all here to help one another. This is the purpose of the forum, to look out for one another. I myself was a lone ranger when I first came to the DR. And I ventured out a little as time went by. I had a great companion that I met on the resort. He name was Santiago. He took me to Higuey and the clubs in the area. We became good friends, and when I go to Punta Cana, I use his car. As long as I fill the tank. So go there with your eyes wide open. But be careful that your ass doesn't get open too! Remember the chicas in the DR live off your income. And do yourself a favor, stop at the Duty Free Store and get a bottle of perfume or two and see how far you go. They will love you long it!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osanhopps For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by osanhopps View Post
    I know I am going to get flack for saying this, but here it goes. If you are going to DR for the first time. It would be best if you did go to a AI. This is so you can get the feel for the place. Especially if you are going alone. But, if you can meet up with one of the members here, then my friend take a chance. We will not steer you wrong. We are all here to help one another. This is the purpose of the forum, to look out for one another. I myself was a lone ranger when I first came to the DR. And I ventured out a little as time went by. I had a great companion that I met on the resort. He name was Santiago. He took me to Higuey and the clubs in the area. We became good friends, and when I go to Punta Cana, I use his car. As long as I fill the tank. So go there with your eyes wide open. But be careful that your ass doesn't get open too! Remember the chicas in the DR live off your income. And do yourself a favor, stop at the Duty Free Store and get a bottle of perfume or two and see how far you go. They will love you long it!
    Or you could hit the dollar store except you would have to check a bag which I Don't do and fill one full of knock off shit perfume, jewelry and crap and be a star for $100 you could jam a suitcase. It is tempting and I have some luggage I wouldn't mind leaving there. Too weird for now I will stick to Pesos

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks again J
    Flamboyan or Cappucino Mare. Honestly, a good cabbie will know what hotel to go to for short term. There is a hotel that’s a Castle on the main road that is nice and safe.

Most AI’s will allow guest, just expect to pay. Take your time before you bring a girl back to the AI.

FYI. Expect to go to the discos around 12am

Thanks

Thanks again guys, awesome help and advice. I am definitely going to stick with the AI since I am getting it so cheap,and just look around from there and kind of get comfortable with the area.
    I can pretty much travel there for almost free anytime I want to, so this should be the first trip of many.
    Really looking forward to hitting the streets and seeing these HOT girls.
    I will get into town on Friday the 23rd and I will have My computer with me so I will keep you updated on whats going on. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I will have My computer with me so I will keep you updated on whats going on. Thanks
    Keep a close eye on that laptop!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

I left my laptop home as the call centers with the internet computers are so cheap in the DR..........in Sosua they were only charging $2 for an hour or $1 peso a minute.....and hate to see anyone loose their laptop while on vacation as they are a target just like cameras are.....the only thing I find expensive in the DR are the taxis........everything else for the most part is cheaper than most of the other islands.......especially the Chicas!

Thread Information