Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 08/2010 - Haitianas ?

Thanks

08/2010 - Haitianas ?

Hey Gents,

Should I brush up on french, creole and Spanish or all thee above ???

I think my focus will be on the Haitianas my 1st trip, "a sista I can't resista" !

Slim

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bryan_sr For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Haitianas ?

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MedellinisMowgli For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: Haitianas ?

Many of the Haitianas speak better Spanish than most ISOC members , as well as Creole and a few some French.

If you are so inclined and are able I'd learn Creole....they'll LUV ya for it, no really!
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apostropheman View Post
    Many of the Haitianas speak better Spanish than most ISOC members , as well as Creole and a few some French.

If you are so inclined and are able I'd learn Creole....they'll LUV ya for it, no really!
    The best haitianas are the ones fresh out of Haïti. After three months in Sosúa or six months elsewhere they become dominicanized and lying and thieving becomes second nature. Ones fresh out of Haïti won't speak much, if any, Spanish (though a very few learn it at school, especially if they come from border towns)

They all speak a smattering of French but only those with a proper education (very much the minority) will know much.

Unless you intend to concentrate on Haitianas for the next few years (or the rest of your life, as in my case) it is hardly worth learning Kreyol as it will be completely useless anywhere else on the planet (except perhaps Miami and New York). However, the two good things about learning Kreyol are:
    --- It is very easy, with no exceptions to rules, simple consistent grammar, written exactly as spoken with the same letter always representing the same sound and only that sound. Also the vocabulary is very small. If you have just a smattering of French that helps enormously with the nasal sounds.
    --- If you only learn 20 set phrases ("How are you?" "Where do you come from?" "Are you hungry?" " How much?" "Do you take it up the ass?", etc, etc) their little faces will light up (as Apos has mentioned) and you have already saved 500 pesos. They appreciate any attempt to speak their language.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Works wonders in Montreal too!

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

While we are on the subject, just thought I would throw in my two cents. Recently I’ve discovered a distinct preference for the Haitian chicas. They just seem to be a bit more laid back, not in your face with their problems the way Dominicanas are. Also, the tella novella drama seams to be a lot less. Spanish is their 2nd language and they speak it way slower and as a result are easier to understand and have a conversation with if your Spanish isn’t the best. Even though they live in the DR they are outsiders here in many respects and share a bit of common ground in that way.
    Last edited by bailar; 08-04-2010 at 02:09 PM.

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,726 Times in 1,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bailar View Post
    While we are on the subject, just thought I would throw in my two cents. Recently I’ve discovered a distinct preference for the Haitian chicas. They just seam to be a bit more laid back, not in your face with their problems the way Dominicanas are. Also, the tella novella drama seams to be a lot less. Spanish is their 2nd language and they speak it way slower and as a result are easier to understand and have a conversation with if your Spanish isn’t the best. Even though they live in the DR they are outsiders here in many respects and share a bit of common ground in that way.
    Excellent analysis! And I agree.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Count For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When I eventually get to DR I would be looking to try as many flavours as possible. So hopefully a few nationalities are to be found there

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Marky For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marky View Post
    When I eventually get to DR I would be looking to try as many flavours as possible. So hopefully a few nationalities are to be found there

There are three

1 - Dominican
    2 - Haitian
    3 - Part Haitian/ Part Dominican

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    There are three

1 - Dominican
    2 - Haitian
    3 - Part Haitian/ Part Dominican
    Then we need to get some Cubans Costa Ricans Puerto Ricans Mexicans etc etc in the darn place. Quality and experiences would be much enhanced as they competed for the $$$$$$$

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marky For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Then we need to get some Cubans Costa Ricans Puerto Ricans Mexicans etc etc in the darn place. Quality and experiences would be much enhanced as they competed for the $$$$$$$

That will never happen. There isn't enough work for all the people in that country as is.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,480 Times in 657 Posts

If you want a scene where the local market rates are so inflated that it does draw significant number of non-nationals, try Costa Rica. You'll find plenty of opportunities to overpay for mercenary, hardcore, over-the-hill putas from all over Latin America...

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to getrhythm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

A Haitian that only speaks Creole will have a hard time comunicating with someone who speaks Quebec French. They are not as similar as you might think.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    A Haitian that only speaks Creole will have a hard time comunicating with someone who speaks Quebec French. They are not as similar as you might think.
    If that is a reference to Apos' comment about Montreal I would assume he was referring to the Haitian community in Canada rather than suggesting Kreyol helps you communicate with other French speakers.

Although Haitian vocabulary is 98% derived from standard French the similarities are very much masked in conversation by one or two grammatical quirks (like putting the various definite articles after the noun, rather than before it as in [all?] European languages), and the thick caribbean accent.

To the OP: I hope you enjoy the haitianas. I do (mostly) but I don't find a vast difference from dominicanas. It is one of those "all other factors being equal, I will go for the haitiana" situations. Sometimes the factors aren't equal and I find myself enjoying a dominicana instead. It's a hard life down here!

When selecting your haitiana look for those with wet and sandy ankles. They have just waded across the Rio Masacre as illegal immigrants and will be hungry and appreciative of a meat injection.
    Last edited by weyland; 08-04-2010 at 05:19 PM.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    When selecting your haitiana look for those with wet and sandy ankles. They have just waded across the Rio Masacre as illegal immigrants and will be hungry and appreciative of a meat injection.
    That brings me to an interesting question. Other than the sand are there any other obvious distinctions? Look, dress, location, body type?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to DRCowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

I think in general, Haitians are taller, thinner, darker, and have shorter hair. Of course this is a big generalization and many Dominican have (and Haitians do not) have these characteristics.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,118 Times in 3,985 Posts

i think he was referring to telling the differeance between a fresh across the river haitian, and one that has been in sosua for a while...

if kreyol is "easy" to learn, i may have to give it a shot.. cuz i love my haitianas !!!

and i REALLY love it when they get into a good fuck, and start screaming/moaning in kreyol !!!

i still believe diosiris is haitian/dominican.. but she insists that she is ONLY dominican NO haitian...

my favorite haitian so far is a cute little girl named rosie, and a tall one juleysia .. mmmmm

time to book a trip !!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to naptime For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Also many of them speak and understand english well and they make a good girlfriend experience .

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Legend For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thumbs Up Re: Haitianas ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    I think in general, Haitians are taller, thinner, darker, and have shorter hair. Of course this is a big generalization and many Dominican have (and Haitians do not) have these characteristics.
    Just like most anyone else they come in all shapes and sizes

I know many that are short, even to me , and some that are tall...not too many fat but there sure are some thick chicas too!

Something for most anyone

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by getrhythm View Post
    If you want a scene where the local market rates are so inflated that it does draw significant number of non-nationals, try Costa Rica. You'll find plenty of opportunities to overpay for mercenary, hardcore, over-the-hill putas from all over Latin America...
    So what are you saying here? Costa Rica SUCKS?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information