Thread: Semana Santa - Sosua or Boca Chica or Elsewhere ??

Thanks

Semana Santa - Sosua or Boca Chica or Elsewhere ??

In all my trips to DR, have never been there during this most festive time. With the vey new recent crackdown in Sosua, was wondering if any fellow mongers had any ideas or suggestions.. Was just checkin prices now, and compared to what I normally pay coming from NYC-JFK anywhere from 392-442 .. prices right now are 592 rountrip to POP, and 480 for SDQ.. Ive heard how the country comes to a halt that friday sat and sunday for Easter weekend, but was looking more towards the beaches and villas, since I would be traveling with 3 wingmen ... Please share any ideas

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimmyGondulezNYC For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Re: Semana Santa - Sosua or Boca Chica or Elsewhere ??

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGondulezNYC View Post
    In all my trips to DR, have never been there during this most festive time. With the vey new recent crackdown in Sosua, was wondering if any fellow mongers had any ideas or suggestions.. Was just checkin prices now, and compared to what I normally pay coming from NYC-JFK anywhere from 392-442 .. prices right now are 592 rountrip to POP, and 480 for SDQ.. Ive heard how the country comes to a halt that friday sat and sunday for Easter weekend, but was looking more towards the beaches and villas, since I would be traveling with 3 wingmen ... Please share any ideas
    8 months to muster 6 posts counting today wow. Come on man research.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Yeah... not a lot of effort here uh!?
    You can do better Jimmy..

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I know I am a slacker, and I must step my involvement up .. BIG TIME !!! 2011 will be the year of Gondulez !!! !!!!

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JimmyGondulezNYC For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I know I am a slacker, and I must step my involvement up .. BIG TIME !!! 2011 will be the year of Gondulez !!! !!!!
    Set reasonable goals like 10 hours a week and 25 posts per week which can be done trust me.

If you find you get addicted and exceed that so be it

Only kidding you do you and try and I mean really try and we will mostly all be really glad to help.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 358 Posts

Semana Santa- people go home to soend time with family, like Christmas.
    I would go to a "real" city like SDO or Santiago/Moca, not a whoretown like Sosua. You might still have a great time, but I would guess it be a ghost-town, more so.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bhutto,BhuttoGolly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bhutto,BhuttoGolly View Post
    Semana Santa- people go home to soend time with family, like Christmas.
    I would go to a "real" city like SDO or Santiago/Moca, not a whoretown like Sosua. You might still have a great time, but I would guess it be a ghost-town, more so.
    I would have to totally disagree with this. I was there for samana santa this year and it was the craziest I have ever seen cabarette during the day. And a great party in sosua at night. It was like spring break in Dominican republic. People from all over come by the bus load to party on the beach. And there was alot of Domincans staying at hotels. not just leaving at night.
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    I would have to totally disagree with this. I was there for samana santa this year and it was the craziest I have ever seen cabarette during the day. And a great party in sosua at night. It was like spring break in Dominican republic. People from all over come by the bus load to party on the beach. And there was alot of Domincans staying at hotels. not just leaving at night.
    Yep. People are usually with their families, but TONS of families come to Sosua.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    I agree we were all at the charity BBQ at Freddies that day and there were plenty of scantily clad ghosts to be had both there and later that night.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,077 Times in 954 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Don't worry Jim...I got your back.....a lot of bark and not a lot of bite here.....jeez how long has it been that I have been watching out after you?!?!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

start booking Villa's now

Semana Santa is Crazy in D.R. my 1st trip report talks about it.
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...d.php?t=280574

If you go..book the villa now. Casa Linda, and Hispanola both are fully booked by the beginning of Feb.

That weekend Cabarette is insane. It atleast a hour to get there. So makesure you get there early find a parking spot where you wont get blocked in, and where you can get back to sosua easily

In Sosua the strip in PC will be closed off with everyone partying in the streets, so getting in and out is difficult. Get the 1st parking spot you see, and makesure the street doesnt run into PC.

I think no one(except for classicos) plays music thursday starting at midnight(good friday) but the partying on friday and saturday more than make up for it.

There are always tons of women in sosua, and there will be tons of new women in cabarette.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Thread Information