PDA

View Full Version : Luggage inspection document

Downtown
04-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Has anyone ever received one of these? I was returning from Santo Domingo last month where upon arrival at home, I opened my suitcase and found a pre-printed customs document inside. It was filled out by the Aduanas to notify me that my suitcase had been searched because there was an "object" inside that they could not identify. I checked all my belongings etc and nothing was taken. In addition, the suitcase was still locked! This is the first time I've seen any kind of notification of a search. Anyone else? If so, was everything in your suitcase on arrival back home? (I tried to upload the document but the resolution was poor at best account the site will only accept 200KB).

Jimmydr
04-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Has anyone ever received one of these? I was returning from Santo Domingo last month where upon arrival at home, I opened my suitcase and found a pre-printed customs document inside. It was filled out by the Aduanas to notify me that my suitcase had been searched because there was an "object" inside that they could not identify. I checked all my belongings etc and nothing was taken. In addition, the suitcase was still locked! This is the first time I've seen any kind of notification of a search. Anyone else? If so, was everything in your suitcase on arrival back home? (I tried to upload the document but the resolution was poor at best account the site will only accept 200KB).

Only in DR would they leave it there!

bentwire
04-12-2008, 12:57 PM
yes it has happened to me, no big deal

Bug Boy
04-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Several times. They always take my coffee and on two occasions some of my golf balls were gone. Must have been a coffee lover and a golfer screening that day.:icontd:
</IMG>

El Capitan
04-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Several times. They always take my coffee and on two occasions some of my golf balls were gone. Must have been a coffee lover and a golfer screening that day.:icontd:
</IMG>

Hence why I always carry the important stuff in my backpack! I always get scanned then searched for verification because of the amount of coffee I bring back (10-15 bags)

I also carry a clear plastic Malibu Rum beach bag (that was a "gift" at the duty free once). It holds five bottles nicely so I always fill it and put the reciept from the duty free in it....it flies as a carry on as well.

When I am forced to "check" a bag (on crowded flights) I give them my rolling carry on at the GATE (gate-check)....never been a problem.

Cosmo Kramer
04-12-2008, 03:54 PM
I have received similar notifications on both domestic and international flights. Never found anything missing... A couple of times it didn't even look like they went through my luggage at all. I don't lock my bag as I have been told by the airline on a number of occasions that you can not lock your luggage, is this not true?

ElPlomero
04-12-2008, 05:19 PM
I have received similar notifications on both domestic and international flights. Never found anything missing... A couple of times it didn't even look like they went through my luggage at all. I don't lock my bag as I have been told by the airline on a number of occasions that you can not lock your luggage, is this not true?

You can lock it, but if they want to get in, they'll just cut.

snowtreader
04-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Yes, Happened to me in Detroit after flying in from Istanbul.

German customs had checked me out changing planes and I thought the Detroit thing was US Customs doing a followup.

Ter319
04-12-2008, 09:40 PM
You are able to lock your bag, but you need one of the FAA approved locks, that they sell. The Security personel have master keys for them that they are able to use to open them. Its a pretty cheap lock really doesnt do much, but keeps anyone from taking a quick peek as to whats inside

cainer
04-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Only in DR would they leave it there!

I flew from Detroit to Cocoa Beach florida last year and my bags got inspected and i got this this note inside my bag. I just found it now when i was emptying it out to start packing a few things for tuesday.

This is what it said

Transportation security administration

To protect you and your fellow passengers, the transportation security administration (TSA) is required by law* to inspect all checked baggage. As part of this process, some bags are opened and physically inspected. Your bag was among those selected for physical inspection.

I knew i shouldnt have placed that pink ribbon on my handle lol