PDA

View Full Version : Get the fuck out of my room, NG fucked me over..........

the_Jayman
04-13-2008, 09:30 PM
ISOC is funding a HUGE expansion @ the New Garden . . . It's gonna be cool as hell when it's completed ! ! !

that should be worth something to the guys here ! ! ! that and a hundred twenty pesos might get me a beer ! ! !

That said . . . I've had 4 trips planned to the New Garden and they FUCKED ME 2 out of 4 . . . 50/50 is about right for the DR in general but totally unacceptable to the jman . . . (1 room ? ? ? . . . but there's 3 of us and we have reservations . . . :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: )

picked up at the airport personnaly by the manager and then later told that he only had 1 room available . . . .

OK . . we're early . . . we'll go out drinkin for 3 or 4 hours and then check in and take a nap . . .

3 hours later and NewDave got sent to Cassa Cayena (sp?) with no vacancies . . . ended up across the street from the New Garden with NO AC AND NO TV ! ! !

a bargin @ $40 US a night . . .:mad: :mad: :mad:

I finally got my room about 8 at night (FUCK YOU SOMEY ! ! ! HAS HE BEEN BANNED FROM ISOC YET ? ? ?)

. . . . but it was to late . . . . I napped untill about 2 in the morning and then had a blast at the discos untin 5 or 6 AM . . .

brought a cutie home with me and did the nasty and finally got to sleep about 7:30 in the morning . . .

8 AM SHARP THE FUCKIN HAMMERS SHOWED UP AND BANG BANG BANG ! ! !

love ya wilfried and your hotel too but I been fucked 2 out of 4 trips now ! ! !

just a warning to my friends on ISOC . . . IT IS WHAT IT IS ! ! !

if they're not afraid to fuck me then they sure as shit ain't afraid to fuck you ! ! !

personnally . . . this past trip finished Sosua for me . . . the hotels suck and the chicas are a pain in the ass ! ! !

Hemp
04-13-2008, 09:43 PM
the chicas are pain in the ass?

what happened?

the_Jayman
04-13-2008, 09:48 PM
not so much the chicas as the Hotel . . . .

New Garden OWES ME ! ! !

My buddy NewDave got fucked out of his room the first night and when he went to check out on fly-away day they tried to charge him for all 5 nights ! ! !

ATTENTION ISOC ! ! !

STOP SHILLING HOTELS AND START TELLING IT LIKE IT IS ! ! !

start charging JimmyDR the same price as you charge me . . .

SJG
04-13-2008, 10:54 PM
Sorry man. I've seen guys have problems, I've heard of guys having problems, but I am 5 for 5 great trips and great service at the Garden. I'm just telling it how it is, for me anyway.....

TPdog
04-13-2008, 11:22 PM
I stayed at the Palms on my last trip and they were building a new condo next door.....as soon as the sun came up the noise and work started....
It sucked and I didn't like it, but it wasn't the Palms fault and felt that it was hard to bitch about something that was out of their control. The New Garden expansion is a well known fact and they have to work and with the heat they have to start as early as they can.
I'm not defending the New Garden....I haven't stayed there for over a year...I like kitchens, etc. with more room and the ability to cook and hang at the condo vs just having a bed.
Sosua is growing and that is a good thing....the more gringo's the more chica's. I have stated in many threads....we are as different as the chicas we fuck and its not for everyone.
Regarding the reservations.....New Garden has always been bad with reservations.....if you want to stay there...email weekly a month before you get there and daily a week before you get there........you are not in Kansas Dorothy.....JMHO

ChicaSeeka
04-14-2008, 04:49 AM
My experiences at the New Garden Have been Great.
Every time I stayed there or made a reservation, I was greeted and treated like Family :p :D

Better luck next time Jayman.....:eek:

Magnum
04-14-2008, 07:18 AM

New Garden OWES ME ! ! !

My buddy NewDave got fucked out of his room the first night and when he went to check out on fly-away day they tried to charge him for all 5 nights ! ! !

ATTENTION ISOC ! ! !

IMHO.....J hits this on the head about the shilling and the different rate structure.....this has been going on for years dating back to the Palace with Jimmy.

As soon as he finds another place to cut a better deal for him that will now be the flavor of the month....

Hemp
04-14-2008, 07:30 AM
i personally dont see how thats any of our business really!!! i cant knock jimmy for hustling...its not his fault as soon as he says something is hot or a particular place is hot half the board jumps on his band wagon?????? he just doing him.

ive never stayed at New Garden and wont...because that place isnt for me. but its a well known fact that you have to email them frequently before you arrive to keep confirming your reservation and its also a known that there under construction....sooooo

i suggest board members start finding places and things that suits them!!! and not soely base things on what jimmy and the "board" thinks and says...huge misconception.

IMHO.....J hits this on the head about the shilling and the different rate structure.....this has been going on for years dating back to the Palace with Jimmy.

As soon as he finds another place to cut a better deal for him that will now be the flavor of the month....

Jimmydr
04-14-2008, 07:47 AM

Fuck you. If you don't like it, then don't log on here. Its that simple. I get paid for advertising. Stay elsewhere. The only thing you ever gave to the board was that you stay at a Villa with your boys?
Great information.

Jimmydr
04-14-2008, 07:51 AM

New Garden OWES ME ! ! !

ATTENTION ISOC ! ! !

BlackBeards Fucked you and I never stayed there. You gonna blame me for that?

El Drunko
04-14-2008, 08:40 AM
This has nothing to do with BB's. He came out and told his story on what happened there.

As far as the NG is concerned. He knew about the construction so he can't bitch about that. What he can bitch about and I whole heatedly agree with, is the fact that you make a reservation and you expect it to be kept. Same as the hotel expects you to keep up your end of the agreement.

There is no reason you should have to send e-mail multiple times just to be sure you have a room. When you arrive, they should be expecting you. Granted mistakes happen, but this place is prone to it.

Hemp
04-14-2008, 08:45 AM
El Drunko i feel you pimpin, really i do...

but how many times has guys been burned by the NG, vets like Jayman should know better, plus its a 3rd world hotel...not exactly the marriot or the hilton you know. when ever im making plans down there i always go in knowing that at any given momment someone there can screw up my reservations, in fact this happened to me and my wingmen last week with casa linda!!!! so even the more "higher end" places down there screw up. (we fixed the issue though)

it is what it is...its the DR

This has nothing to do with BB's. He came out and told his story on what happened there.

As far as the NG is concerned. He knew about the construction so he can't bitch about that. What he can bitch about and I whole heatedly agree with, is the fact that you make a reservation and you expect it to be kept. Same as the hotel expects you to keep up your end of the agreement.

There is no reason you should have to send e-mail multiple times just to be sure you have a room.

Jimmydr
04-14-2008, 08:46 AM

There is no reason you should have to send e-mail multiple times just to be sure you have a room. When you arrive, they should be expecting you. Granted mistakes happen, but this place is prone to it.

Yea and he blames me! Its been written here a few dozen times that you may not your reservation when you get there, so don't act surprised if you don't have one.

El Drunko
04-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Yup, a few dozen times people have been burned. Being third world or the DR doesn't change the fact that its not right. In every case people were expecting a room and they didn't get one. This place is western run. It shouldn't have these problems. Although it does.

In my case, it really doesn't matter, I've seen the light and have moved on to another scene. But people should stand up for themselves and make a stand against this kind of behavior. It shouldn't be tolerated when there there is a good amount of trade comming from one source.

Jimmydr
04-14-2008, 09:11 AM
In my case, it really doesn't matter, I've seen the light and have moved on to another scene. But people should stand up for themselves and make a stand against this kind of behavior. It shouldn't be tolerated when there there is a good amount of trade comming from one source.

Do you think it will change anything? (In DR)

Magnum
04-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Well I can only get pussy if I pay for it and this is a whore board. It revolves around that. Some guys get all the free pussy they ever will want but not Jimmy, he always has to pay.

Like I said in a previous post....the truth can be so painful....

But I have to give you some credit for manning up and standing tall....well as tall as you can be....

cainer
04-14-2008, 09:17 AM
One of the reasons i didnt choose NG was because of the construction and the frequent mix ups in reservations.

I can understand why jayman would be pissed off, i would be as well.

I know NG is not in America but, its basically filled with americans and americans make up most of their clientale. If they wish to keep the Americans coming to Sosua and staying at their hotel, they better start taking some responsiblilities for their misconduct and lack of business knowledge.

If delta screws up your airline ticket, they compensate you, if u book a room at Holiday inn in America and they screwed up your reservation and all they had left is a suite , then they give u the sweet for the same price as your standard room. Its only common business sense that if u fuck up, you should have to pay the consequences, not the customer, as that customer will go elsewhere in the future.

How many times do i have to hear the excuse of this being a third world country and it should be expected? Its plain and simple. If you feel someone or a company screwed u in any way and u find it unacceptable, then, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Now, sometimes human error happens and it is part of the game. It doesnt mean that a solution cant be found on the part of the person making the error. IE: NEW GARDENS... Why couldnt NG make some kind of compromise to Jayman? I dont know the entire situation on what happened as jayman didnt really go into a lot of details other then to say that his room wasnt ready when he got there? Did he get a room there the second night? If so, why couldnt that room been given free, to make up for their error?

Maybe Plasco can come on the board and explain what happened, it would only make good business sense.

Obviously nothing is going to be perfect in Paradise and we as travelors, to the Dr, have to decide what places best suit our needs. If the New Garden continues to screw up on reservations , i beleive it will become the old Garden. They have lost the jayman for business , who is next?

SJG
04-14-2008, 09:26 AM
Jayman, I don't see how you can blame Jimmy or anyone else (besides Wilfried). You are a grown ass man, you are fully capable of planning your own trips and finding your own accomodations. I've been to the Garden 5 times and have not had a problem. I'm not shilling the NG, I get nothing in return. I have just had awesome times every time I've stayed there. I also would not plan to go there while there is ongoing construction. Also no one's fault, they have to expand. I'd be pissed if my room wasn't there, but I am on top of my shit and have never had that problem.

And Jimmy's business is just that, Jimmy's business. He makes a reccomendation, you are free to follow it, or not.

El Drunko
04-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Do you think it will change anything? (In DR)

If they wanna make money it would. If they don't they lose out on a good amount of trade and risk the possibility of going under.

Same as any other buisness in any other country, its western run, they know the score.

cainer
04-14-2008, 09:37 AM
[SIZE="5"][B]personnally . . . this past trip finished Sosua for me . . . the hotels suck and the chicas are a pain in the ass ! ! !

Most of the disscussion so far on this thread has been about jimmy and new gardens. I dont know about everyone else, but, i am curious why u made the comment of the chicas being a pain in the ass? Any details on why u made that comment? I know i am curious

Jimmydr
04-14-2008, 09:37 AM
If they wanna make money it would. If they don't they lose out on a good amount of trade and risk the possibility of going under.

Same as any other buisness in any other country, its western run, they know the score.

He has been there 18 years and does well with his seasonal business. This is all gravy. Where else can all these guys stay?

cainer
04-14-2008, 09:44 AM
He has been there 18 years and does well with his seasonal business. This is all gravy. Where else can all these guys stay?

Not to start an arguement but, there is more then one place to stay in Sosua other then NG.

IN 2002, the only place it seemed to stay was the palace. Then bb's, then Europe, followed by the Field of Dreams, now NG

U have stated it many times in many threads Jimmy that its almost impossible for a business to survive there and what is hot today may be forgotten tommorow.

I think all el drunko is saying is that the ownership of NG shouldnt take evryone for granted. There is other alternatives

Hemp
04-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Cainer,

im in a beautiful country having sex with hot women that normally wouldnt pay me any attention stateside...so everything else that happens is no big deal to me.

but thats just me....

El Drunko
04-14-2008, 09:48 AM
Jayman, I don't see how you can blame Jimmy or anyone else (besides Wilfried). You are a grown ass man, you are fully capable of planning your own trips and finding your own accomodations. I've been to the Garden 5 times and have not had a problem. I'm not shilling the NG, I get nothing in return. I have just had awesome times every time I've stayed there. I also would not plan to go there while there is ongoing construction. Also no one's fault, they have to expand. I'd be pissed if my room wasn't there, but I am on top of my shit and have never had that problem.

And Jimmy's business is just that, Jimmy's business. He makes a reccomendation, you are free to follow it, or not.

He didn't blame Jimmy for any problems. I don't know where this is comming from.

Jimmy's business is Jimmy's business. Your right. Except for the fact that this site really is run by DT and Jimmy doesn't have a clue on how to fix it if a problem occurs with the programming. But thats a different issue.

LM
04-14-2008, 09:51 AM
I know NG is not in America but, its basically filled with americans and americans make up most of their clients.

Sorry buddy.....Americans don't make up most of their clients, NG is run by an Italian and usually filled with Italians and their families, only recently in the last few years has it become more of a monger spot in an obvious way.
The only reason I ended up at the NG a few years ago is because Marco/Rocky had overbooked his places and I ended up there....I liked it, but at the time I seemed to be the only english speaking guy there, lots of Italians.
NG has also at one time screwed up my reservations.......but after I showed them my e-mail correspondence which I brought with me, things sorted out.
Some guys seem to get lucky, regarding the Reservation thing at NG, some don't, I'm sure when Wilfred gets his renos done things will get better.
But he does need to get his reservation booking system cleaned up, it's really the only serious complaint that any one has with the place/NG

cainer
04-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Cainer,

im in a beautiful country having sex with hot women that normally wouldnt pay me any attention stateside...so everything else that happens is no big deal to me.

but thats just me....

I understand what u mean, but others look at their vacation to the dr in a different light then u do.

Sure the chicas are the main reason we are there, but for some of us, the rest of the atmosphere is also important. I go on vacation to relax and if i got there to find out i got to spend the next 10 hours searching for a new place to stay due to negligence on the hotels part, then, i am pissed. Thats ten hours i just wasted that could have been put to looking for chicas instead of another hotel to stay at. I cant just pretend it didnt happen as it did happen and i just wasted some of my valuable vacation time due to some idiot screwing up my reservation.

Your on vacation to be pampered, to be the king. I wish i could relax more like u hemp, but we all have a tolerance level. some better then others.

El Drunko
04-14-2008, 09:54 AM
Besides the fact they are mostly hardcore bitches? Thats my opinion anyway.

cainer
04-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Sorry buddy.....Americans don't make up most of their clients, NG is run by an Italian and usually filled with Italians and their families, only recently in the last few years has it become more of a monger spot in an obvious way.
The only reason I ended up at the NG a few years ago is because Marco/Rocky had overbooked his places and I ended up there....I liked it, but at the time I seemed to be the only english speaking guy there, lots of Italians.
NG has also at one time screwed up my reservations.......but after I showed them my e-mail correspondence which I brought with me, things sorted out.
Some guys seem to get lucky, regarding the Reservation thing at NG, some don't, I'm sure when Wilfred gets his renos done things will get better.
But he does need to get his reservation booking system cleaned up, it's really the only serious complaint that any one has with the place/NG

I was only using america as an example of a developed country and their policies for correcting screw ups, and how society deals with problems of these kinds. I could have just as easily said canada italy britan, so on and so on.

Ive never even set foot on NG property, so, i cant say what it was like or what it actually is like today. I can only draw a picture in my head from all the posts ive read on NG from the forums in here. The picture i had drawn was a hotel that is basically filled with english speaking patrons.

U also stated 2 years ago it was mostly italians? Would that still be the case today? My post was in reference of what is happening now and how i personally percieved it.

brovo35
04-14-2008, 10:02 AM
Although some people feel that they shouldn't have to double and perhaps tripple check their reservations prior to arrival; I feel that if that minor inconvenience on my part ensures that I am comfortable that I will have a place to lay my head and a smooth vacation, then it is worth the extra effort on my part.

Any place that frequently runs at or near capacity, even in the US, is sometimes prone to errors, overbookings etc..

I double check reservations made domestically as well prior to arrival at any event where alternate options may be sold out

Kevy
04-14-2008, 10:06 AM
I was only using america as an example of a developed country and their policies for correcting screw ups, and how society deals with problems of these kinds. I could have just as easily said canada italy britan, so on and so on.

Ive never even set foot on NG property, so, i cant say what it was like or what it actually is like today. I can only draw a picture in my head from all the posts ive read on NG from the forums in here. The picture i had drawn was a hotel that is basically filled with english speaking patrons.

U also stated 2 years ago it was mostly italians? Would that still be the case today? My post was in reference of what is happening now and how i personally percieved it.

In the summer time it is mostly Italians, still is. I believe LM stayed there in the month August and he was one of the few Non Italians there. the owner was married and the place was not really chica friendly or well known a few years ago. he got divorced and the place opened up. during other times of the year there are more americans. but his business was always based on Italians beiong there.

Jimmydr
04-14-2008, 10:06 AM
He didn't blame Jimmy for any problems. I don't know where this is comming from.

Jimmy's business is Jimmy's business. Your right. Except for the fact that this site really is run by DT and Jimmy doesn't have a clue on how to fix it if a problem occurs with the programming. But thats a different issue.

Its run by DT, okay.

cainer
04-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Although some people feel that they shouldn't have to double and perhaps tripple check their reservations prior to arrival; I feel that if that minor inconvenience on my part ensures that I am comfortable that I will have a place to lay my head and a smooth vacation, then it is worth the extra effort on my part.

Any place that frequently runs at or near capacity, even in the US, is sometimes prone to errors, overbookings etc..

I double check reservations made domestically as well prior to arrival at any event where alternate options may be sold out

very true. No one is disputing that jayman shouldnt have done this. He is probably kicking himself in the ass for not doing it. But, he has also been to NG 3 other times and he probably thought since he was a regular customer, that, there wouldnt be any problems.

I guess its a lesson for everyone to learn from. Its to bad because it appears it ruined jaymans vacation. He couldnt let it go and it ended up ruining his vacation and it was all downhill from there on.

It also was bad for us as it doesnt look like a trip report is coming:(

Jimmydr
04-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Besides the fact they are mostly hardcore bitches? Thats my opinion anyway.

Yes and thats why maybe 2-3 dozen of us go to other places now.

Hemp
04-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Originally Posted By TPdog: sums this topic up best!

"I think it is important to let everyone know about a bad service from a chica, hotel, restaurent, etc. while in the DR. I stayed at the New Garden 2 times and the 3rd they screwed up my reservation and I no longer stay there. I wrote a thread on it and warned members to call and email them all the time to assure the reservation is still good. This has now blown up to personal attacks and out of control. My last comment is that if you go to Sosua and think that they play by any rules we play by in the US you will have Drama."

MisterPink
04-14-2008, 10:14 AM

Why are you commenting on this thread on a topic you know NOTHING about dude, you seem like a nice enough guy, sometimes it is best to just sit back and read and watch! Go and visit NG and then comment who stays there, and what it is like.

pink

Jimmydr
04-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted By TPdog: sums this topic up best!

"I think it is important to let everyone know about a bad service from a chica, hotel, restaurent, etc. while in the DR. I stayed at the New Garden 2 times and the 3rd they screwed up my reservation and I no longer stay there. I wrote a thread on it and warned members to call and email them all the time to assure the reservation is still good. This has now blown up to personal attacks and out of control. My last comment is that if you go to Sosua and think that they play by any rules we play by in the US you will have Drama."

Some people want to go away for a few days and have a place picked out and running perfect for them. Some people have only gone to Hotels that they read reviews about and have never tested the waters for themselves.

Jimmydr
04-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Why are you commenting on this thread on a topic you know NOTHING about dude, you seem like a nice enough guy, sometimes it is best to just sit back and read and watch!

pink

Wow, some good advise.

Hunter
04-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Why are you commenting on this thread on a topic you know NOTHING about dude, you seem like a nice enough guy, sometimes it is best to just sit back and read and watch! Go and visit NG and then comment who stays there, and what it is like.

pink

Yeah Cainer is too anal about his trip.

Just go with flow--- relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jimmydr
04-14-2008, 10:26 AM
so how many guys have had a bad experience at NG, MANY. Do you think it will change, NO! There are Villas available but are there enough for everyond, NO!

El Drunko
04-14-2008, 10:28 AM
Yes and thats why maybe 2-3 dozen of us go to other places now.

Yup, Sousa was fun in its day, and I'm glad I went there as often as I did. It has given me a complete lesson in life.

Now its ruined in my eyes, its full of hardcore ignorant bitches. There are only a handfull of bars and even less decent places to stay.

The only problem I have now is I found a place I love, but its 10,000 miles away. It has everything I want. A party scene second to none, more hotel choices than you would ever want and more bars than I have been able to even walk past.

cainer
04-14-2008, 10:28 AM

pink

The topic of this thread was about a hotel not honouring a reservation. I think i am qualfied to make an opinion on this. I do not see why i have to have stayed at NG to make this opinion?
But, since u got a few thank yous on your post. Ill heed your advice and stay away from any conversations that i have never been to.

So, this will be my last comments made on this thread

Sorry jayman u couldnt enjoy your Sosua experience due to the mix up on your reservation. Id still love to read your trip report if u ever get around to writing one.

Jimmydr
04-14-2008, 10:31 AM
Yup, Sousa was fun in its day, and I'm glad I went there as often as I did. It has given me a complete lesson in life.

Now its ruined in my eyes, its full of hardcore ignorant bitches. There are only a handfull of bars and even less decent places to stay.

The only problem I have now is I found a place I love, but its 10,000 miles away. It has everything I want. A party scene second to none, more hotel choices than you would ever want and more bars than I have been able to even walk past.

Its lucky that you favorite place and mine are 12,000 miles apart.:D

Jimmydr
04-14-2008, 10:33 AM
The Voramar is out of the way, The palace went out of business, the Blue Dolphin folded as well, The Europa is broken down, Blackbeards is too far away, Field of Dreams was sold, so many choices to stay.

Inconego
04-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Last time I stayed at Europa they fucked up my reservations, put me in a shitty room, and were pretty unapologetic...

...Aside from the rapidly decaying hotel, that was the last straw for me, and I had been there 4 times prior at the time...

...Maybe it's just me, but EVEN in the DR, when someone fucks up my reservations, continually, I take my business elsewhere, it really pisses me off...

Jayman, I feel you... I've only stayed at New Garden 1nce, and if i go solo, i probably will repeat, but if my reservations get fucked up, and can't be resolved on the spot, I move the fuck on...

Inconego
04-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Cainer, it doesn't have to be your last comment, you don't have to have stayed at a hotel to speak of honoring committments!

But yes, in DR, shit doesn't work correctly more than usual, and businesses are usually bad about giving customers some sore of 'restitution'... To compare businesses in DR to Delta airlines is laughable...

The only way to resolve this is for NG to start charging people MANDATORY deposits, however I like the frewheeling style...

... But come to think of it, Europa charged deposits and still 'lost' reservations....

Jimmydr
04-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Cainer, it doesn't have to be your last comment, you don't have to have stayed at a hotel to speak of honoring committments!

But yes, in DR, shit doesn't work correctly more than usual, and businesses are usually bad about giving customers some sore of 'restitution'... To compare businesses in DR to Delta airlines is laughable...

The only way to resolve this is for NG to start charging people MANDATORY deposits, however I like the frewheeling style...

... But come to think of it, Europa charged deposits and still 'lost' reservations....

But if two Italians come walking in, you are OUT!

Beads
04-14-2008, 10:39 AM
Ive stayed at the NG and recommended it quite a few times. So far out of possibly 12 times I have only had 1 reservation mishap. I was calm about it and they sent me to a nice hotel for 1 night at the same rate. They drove me there and picked me up the next day.

Ive read the other stories here but those are my personal experiences and why I recommend the place. I would definitely suggest confirming reservations often so it stays fresh in their mind.

People definitely make mistakes and sometimes you have to take the good with bad. Having to confirm to get a good room in a good location isn't that big of a deal to me but to other people it might be.

I would still choose the NG over almost anyplace else in terms of value for the price and location. Once the construction is done im sure there will be less reservation confusions.

Jimmydr
04-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Ive stayed at the NG and recommended it quite a few times. So far out of possibly 12 times I have only had 1 reservation mishap. I was calm about it and they sent me to a nice hotel for 1 night at the same rate. They drove me there and picked me up the next day.

Ive read the other stories here but those are my personal experiences and why I recommend the place. I would definitely suggest confirming reservations often so it stays fresh in their mind.

People definitely make mistakes and sometimes you have to take the good with bad. Having to confirm to get a good room in a good location isn't that big of a deal to me but to other people it might be.

I would still choose the NG over almost anyplace else in terms of value for the price and location. Once the construction is done im sure there will be less reservation confusions.

The groups are getting bigger and bigger. Unless another Hotel opens, 40 guys going down will occur sooner or later and more often.

MyTio
04-14-2008, 10:48 AM
I am staying at the New Garden on my next trip. I have previously stayed and was treated well . :eek:

LM
04-14-2008, 11:07 AM

Beads is on the money here.......For me when I go again:wink: ...either the New Garden or Tradewinds condo's

Choirboy
04-14-2008, 11:11 AM
But if two Italians come walking in, you are OUT!

Or an honorary Italian like me. ;)

Jimbo44
04-14-2008, 11:35 AM
I have a good relationship with both Wilfied, Lorenzo, and their great cook, so I will continue to stay there, as I always have a good time.
I have sat down and explained the importance of keeping the reservations correctly, and he understands I was going to build a spreadsheet program for him as well, but he did not want it. I think that if the rooms will now about double there, he may need to upgrade to some form of electronic system.
Sorry for your shitty trip jayman, I for one just had one to, but no fault of the NG.:o

3somefan
04-14-2008, 07:36 PM
This sucks!! :mad:

This will be my first stay in June. Wilfried was quick responding to my emails and confirming my reservations. He also has set up airport pick up for 4-5 of us at the airport who are all staying there.

I will continue to verify the reservations as time gets closer. I hope we don't have any issues. Looks like a lot of ISOC will be in town then.

JuanElGriego
04-14-2008, 08:04 PM
Some guys like to cook meals and have parties at their pads in Sosua.

Me, i want to be outside as much as i can when i'm away and therefore couldn't really care less about where i'm staying so long as it's clean and has running water. The only time i'm in my room is when i'm showering and sleeping.

That being said, can someone please explain to me how someone can fuck up a reservation for a room? Someone reserves a room for a number of days, right? That means YOU CAN'T FUCKING GIVE THAT ROOM TO ANYONE ELSE ON ANY OF THOSE DATES!!!!!!!!!. This isn't fucking brain surgery, for cryin' out loud! Purposely over-booking in anticipation of people not showing is one thing (though i think that sucks), but simply fucking up reservations is something no one with half a brain should do, imho.

whynotme
04-14-2008, 08:28 PM
i have stayed there 4 times and since i am NEVER goingback to sosua i won't be staying at the new garden again either.

the first two trips was just when they were opening it up for mongering and we had a blast ground floor rooms by the pool and no problems what ever.

3rd time things were a little worse...........the night guy took home my lt chicas carnet and i had to drive her 1/2 way to pop to retrieve it as she was heading on to santo domingo. oh well i got a bbbj at the bus station for the effort

4th time they confirmed 5 nights and i was going to get a place the last two after i got there but when i checked in they said they had a cancellation and i could stay so i never looked for a room. at 3pm the 5th day the owner came to us at the pool and said the cancelation had been a mistake and he was there and he needed me to vacate:eek:

had to check into the europa. these screwups (in my trip reports btw) were the first in a long chain for members here.
So all in all, like ELD. said i will not be back either.

this year its cuba, colombia, thailand in both june with kevy and again in nov for fredom 56)

Hunter
04-14-2008, 08:28 PM
JEG - I think you answered your own question. He overbooks because he has to because he doesn't require deposits. He needs to keep hotel full.

As Incog says that free wheelin style is good for mongers with no deposits... but their is that downside also..ie jayman.

blacksultan
04-14-2008, 09:34 PM
I stayed at the Palms on my last trip and they were building a new condo next door.....as soon as the sun came up the noise and work started....
It sucked and I didn't like it, but it wasn't the Palms fault and felt that it was hard to bitch about something that was out of their control. The New Garden expansion is a well known fact and they have to work and with the heat they have to start as early as they can.
I'm not defending the New Garden....I haven't stayed there for over a year...I like kitchens, etc. with more room and the ability to cook and hang at the condo vs just having a bed.
Sosua is growing and that is a good thing....the more gringo's the more chica's. I have stated in many threads....we are as different as the chicas we fuck and its not for everyone.
Regarding the reservations.....New Garden has always been bad with reservations.....if you want to stay there...email weekly a month before you get there and daily a week before you get there........you are not in Kansas Dorothy.....JMHO

I emailed Wilfried today to confirm my room. If I dont get a reply tommorow when I check my inbox, his phone is getting blown the fuck up.

Hemp
04-14-2008, 09:38 PM
you my good man know how to handle 3rd world biz owners...simple to us!!!

rocket science to others :confused:

I emailed Wilfried today to confirm my room. If I dont get a reply tommorow when I check my inbox, his phone is getting blown the fuck up.

blacksultan
04-14-2008, 09:47 PM
I am going to do the same thing LM.

blacksultan
04-14-2008, 09:53 PM
Its run by DT, okay.

Straight up and down, your ass really needs pick up an instruction manual to handle things when he isnt here and do some Administration.:wink:

blacksultan
04-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Yeah Cainer is too anal about his trip.

Just go with flow--- relaxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am going to be more ANAL than Cainer when I hit the ground there this weekend.

ElPlomero
04-14-2008, 10:32 PM
You guys don't actually think the problem is with Wilfred or his reservation system, do you?

That guy has his shit together.

Do a search herein. The real reason has been posted many times.

There are no mistakes, only decisions.

El Drunko
04-14-2008, 11:10 PM
For starters lay off Cainer, he is only trying to get involved in a conversation. He already said he hasn't been there he is offering his opinions only...

Wilfreds reservations system? well its better than the last system, but this one sucks also.....I will go back to the DR for a weekend here or there, but it won't be for the chicas. It will be for drinking with friends. And there is no way I will stay at the NG unless he fixes his system. That can only be told with time. For now that place is OFF MY LIST

Unlike 90% of you guys , I'm there for the party. The chicas come as a second. I like to drink and have a great time... I want to be pampered, I want to be blown when I want it, not when she deems it necessary to her paycheck.

I think there are too many new guys here that believe Sousa is at its hayday, I have news for them, Its at it's end. Sousa is not progresing, Its falling back in time. They should have been there 5 years ago when the place was crawling with bars and chicas....Now there is only a handfull of places to go.....

Don't take me wrong, I'm sure there are alot of " off the beaten path" places to head to, but for us non-spanish speakers, FORGET IT.

Take an old dogs advice, either learn spanish or head out to new and exciting places.....I chose not to learn and now I spend over $30,000 us a year....Learn from my mistakes and stay home, learn spanish.. Its a hell of alot cheaper than my option.

Jimmydr
04-15-2008, 03:36 AM
Straight up and down, your ass really needs pick up an instruction manual to handle things when he isnt here and do some Administration.:wink:

So I guess my accounting firm is run by their IT guy as well. many of the places everyone works at are run by their IT guys also. Then again you are not going to Medellin, you are going to Sosua. Climb out of the fog and see the world! My firm has $30,000,000 in business but its really the IT guy that runs the place cause the head boss knows nothing about computers..

jd_mine
04-15-2008, 05:43 AM
Wilfreds reservations system? well its better than the last system, but this one sucks also.....I will go back to the DR for a weekend here or there, but it won't be for the chicas. It will be for drinking with friends. And there is no way I will stay at the NG unless he fixes his system. That can only be told with time. For now that place is OFF MY LIST

I don't think it has to do with the reservation system at all.
He just decides to fuck over people with a reservation in favor of other people.

SJG
04-15-2008, 09:03 AM
My firm has $30,000,000 in business but its really the IT guy that runs the place cause the head boss knows nothing about computers..

Now you are getting it, IT guys run the world!!!!

Inconego
04-15-2008, 11:02 AM
You guys don't actually think the problem is with Wilfred or his reservation system, do you?

That guy has his shit together.

Do a search herein. The real reason has been posted many times.

There are no mistakes, only decisions.

So what are you sayiing? Who is the problem with, or why do you think there are problems at all?

Inconego
04-15-2008, 11:06 AM
For starters lay off Cainer, he is only trying to get involved in a conversation. He already said he hasn't been there he is offering his opinions only...

Unlike 90% of you guys , I'm there for the party. The chicas come as a second. I like to drink and have a great time... I want to be pampered, I want to be blown when I want it, not when she deems it necessary to her paycheck.

I think there are too many new guys here that believe Sousa is at its hayday, I have news for them, Its at it's end. Sousa is not progresing, Its falling back in time. They should have been there 5 years ago when the place was crawling with bars and chicas....Now there is only a handfull of places to go.....

Don't take me wrong, I'm sure there are alot of " off the beaten path" places to head to, but for us non-spanish speakers, FORGET IT.

Take an old dogs advice, either learn spanish or head out to new and exciting places.....I chose not to learn and now I spend over $30,000 us a year....Learn from my mistakes and stay home, learn spanish.. Its a hell of alot cheaper than my option.

Then skip DR and just go to the ISOC BBQ or something...:rolleyes:

Make that 99.9% of us...

You spend over $30K a year on what? where?...

Inconego
04-15-2008, 11:07 AM
I don't think it has to do with the reservation system at all.
He just decides to fuck over people with a reservation in favor of other people.

I'd fuck me over for Choirboy--he's there twice a month!:wink:

Hunter
04-15-2008, 11:47 AM
You spend over $30K a year on what? where?...

Land of Smiles

El Drunko
04-15-2008, 11:57 AM
nobody said this hobby was cheap

Young Hero
04-15-2008, 12:38 PM
Interesting observations by El Drunko on the NG and Sosua in general. I will definately confirm my reservation before my trip at the end of this month. I'm a little concerned about the noise level with all of the construction. I will continue to stay there until I experience a problem that is not solved to my satisfaction. I will then move elsewhere, possibly to the hotel next door (it slips my mind at this moment but gets decent reviews), the Del Fin, one of the many condos, or Billy's Hotel. A few buddies of mine rented what looks like a mansion in Playa Laguna, and are paying less person person than I am. I like the convenience right now. Thanks for the heads up El Drunko. I'm afraid I may never return to the DR if I ever make it to Pattaya. Please post more about your trip - good or bad - some of us would benefit from it.

Kevy
04-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Now you are getting it, IT guys run the world!!!!

I guess that explains why things are so fucked up:rofl: :rofl:

bpl0116
04-15-2008, 12:56 PM
rent a villa and stop the bitching already

moshy2k
04-15-2008, 01:49 PM
rent a villa and stop the bitching already

There are no loud ranting drunks allowed in the villas. Don't forget it's a residential neighborhood and all activities must be within a reasonable noise level.

Choirboy
04-15-2008, 02:19 PM
I'd fuck me over for Choirboy--he's there twice a month!:wink:

Not quite !!!! ;) It's 7 weeks between trips this time and I'm not liking it !!!:(

I will admit that since I have been there so often I may get preferential treatment, but normally I book well in advance. I still e-mail Wilfried every week or so to let him pitch me shit and to let him know I'm still coming.

If you think the reservation system is bad now, let Wilfried leave and it would become utter chaos again.

agua chico
04-15-2008, 02:22 PM
LOL @ people complicating their trips instead of ass hunting.

I have never had a problem with Europa or hotel Piergiorgio in my 7 trips, so I stick to one of them.

ElPlomero
04-15-2008, 04:27 PM
So what are you sayiing? Who is the problem with, or why do you think there are problems at all?

Read JD_Mine's post. He's got it right.

ChicaSeeka
04-16-2008, 05:33 AM
There are no loud ranting drunks allowed in the villas. Don't forget it's a residential neighborhood and all activities must be within a reasonable noise level.

BUT YOU ARE ALLOWED TO EAT PUSSY IN THE POOL..:D

Jimbo44
04-16-2008, 03:02 PM
That may explain how I got rhe runs last trip!!:lol:

eldorob
04-16-2008, 05:13 PM
My last two trips (Jan & March) I didn't even make reservations. Just landed, picked up my car and went and found a place to stay.

No problemo...

remyman41
04-16-2008, 06:08 PM
I have only stayed there twice, and I did not have any bad experiences. I can say that on my second stay last November the gentlemen Willfred?
Went out of his way to make my stay enjoyable.

robo-dick
04-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Well, not to piss anybody off here, but I've had great luck with the NG and Winfreind has always been more then fair to me. I can see though, with flights arriving and departing thru-out the day how some overlap in monger departures and arrivals with reservations is going to happen, and mongers staying at the NG should have at least a little patience in the matter, espeically towards other ISG and ISOC members.
Personally, I would have let Sommy use my room to pack, crash or bang one last chica, as long as he arranged to have clean sheets on the bed. I wasnt going to be in the room that afternoon anyways. I mean afterall, maybe next time I will be the one with a late flight out and need the help of a fellow monger, versus hanging at the airport for 8 hours. I had met Sommy earlier in the week, and he was a heck of a nice dude and seemed to be well liked around the NG, OF course except by The Jayman. I can see how it can be a little aggravating not to be able to check in as soon as one gets to the NG so they can unpack, open a beer and start the mongering. However, The Jayman acted like a total idiot over the matter. Pounding on another ISOC members door and screaming "get the fuck out of my room" then blowing Sommy shit thruout the afternoon really shows alot of class and repect towards a fellow ISOC member and monger, after all, Sommy did have it pre arranged. During my last days there, It wasnt the construction, the bird, or the dog that was annoying, it was The Jayman's loud mouth that could be heard all the way to the Casa Valeria.
C'mon guys, give the NG some credit, especially Winfreind. Seems to me he's doing a great job considering all the varibles he's working with and parameters he's working within.

Jimmydr
04-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Well, not to piss anybody off here, but I've had great luck with the NG and Winfreind has always been more then fair to me. I can see though, with flights arriving and departing thru-out the day how some overlap in monger departures and arrivals with reservations is going to happen, and mongers staying at the NG should have at least a little patience in the matter, espeically towards other ISG and ISOC members.
Personally, I would have let Sommy use my room to pack, crash or bang one last chica, as long as he arranged to have clean sheets on the bed. I wasnt going to be in the room that afternoon anyways. I mean afterall, maybe next time I will be the one with a late flight out and need the help of a fellow monger, versus hanging at the airport for 8 hours. I had met Sommy earlier in the week, and he was a heck of a nice dude and seemed to be well liked around the NG, OF course except by The Jayman. I can see how it can be a little aggravating not to be able to check in as soon as one gets to the NG so they can unpack, open a beer and start the mongering. However, The Jayman acted like a total idiot over the matter. Pounding on another ISOC members door and screaming "get the fuck out of my room" then blowing Sommy shit thruout the afternoon really shows alot of class and repect towards a fellow ISOC member and monger, after all, Sommy did have it pre arranged. During my last days there, It wasnt the construction, the bird, or the dog that was annoying, it was The Jayman's loud mouth that could be heard all the way to the Casa Valeria.
C'mon guys, give the NG some credit, especially Winfreind. Seems to me he's doing a great job considering all the varibles he's working with and parameters he's working within.

Is there a video of this Event.:confused:

sommy
04-16-2008, 07:39 PM
EL Drunko, thanks a lot for attempting to ruin my last day by yelling at my door "to get the ____ out" BUt you know what , I was not bothered at all. I a had that room booked till 7pm according to my emailed reservation. I know its means nothing as stuff happens . but whoever said "third world is no excuse" , not true , it is an reasonable excuse. This is third world and these things are to be expected and if you let it ruin your holiday its your own fault. Why would one expect their room to be guaranteed when they dont place a deposit or hold a credit card? I am glad you found another country now you will find out that really it will be no different. I have travelled to Thailand, Philipines, Malaysia and I can tell you that although those places are more fun they have the same type of issues if not more . You think your in a clean hotel till you wake up one morning to a room of 100 cockroaches crawling that have made their way in through a wall crack or drain. An you have to move to another room and empty your room out with all those buggers. Or how about a taxi that is late showing up to take you to the airport and then gets stuck in traffic and your late for your flight and you have to pay an extra fee to the airline. Or what about when your maid decides to take your cologne. Or what about when your air conditioner malfunctions and gets noisy and is too cold or too warm. Wel in third world countries hotels that reserve without deposit , when they get at capacity , they have reservation issues, plain and simple, all these complaints to WInfred and the simple solid answer is this , take a look next to the hotel , there is a new building going up , that shows they realize they have issues and are spending the big bucks to solve it . If you showed up at noon and you had to wait till 7pm to get your room , i was outta the room at 530pm. Winfred had your luggage locked up for you, cant you kill an afternoon by going down to the beach and lining up your woman, what do you need your room for at 3pm in the afternoon? Just to let you know i was prepared to share my room with you but when you came banging on my door yelling, telling to get the ____ out, I decided at that point that I was to make sure i stayed in that room and was not going to compromise with you, I dont like people yelling at me . Sorry but its not my fault there was a booking mixup.

BUt I hope that new place you found is pattaya because it is truly the #1 mongering destination with enough hotels to keep everybody happy, but if you go around yelling like the way you do , you will not get far with thai people, they specifically hate that, it causes them to lose face.

Anyway Im rambling on here . DR: It is what it is . Yes the woman are getting meaner .Good luck in your future mongering El Drunko. Sorry if I ruined your day. But its not my problem.

PapiQueRico
04-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Just for accuracy. It was Jman banging on your door, not El Drunko. It is El D who goes to Thailand, not Jman.

This shit gets confusing!

ajax718
04-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Just for accuracy. It was Jman banging on your door, not El Drunko. It is El D who goes to Thailand, not Jman.

Tell me about it, all this information changing about Jman and El D makes me feel eh ......drunk?

MisterPink
04-16-2008, 08:06 PM
At least we got to hear "another" version of the truth!
In fact, I bet Plaso has even another version.

mp

Jimmydr
04-16-2008, 08:26 PM

At least he didnīt say Jimmy.

Inconego
04-16-2008, 09:13 PM

That is fucking hilarious:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jimmydr
04-16-2008, 09:15 PM
They have to make a movie out of this.

blacksultan
04-16-2008, 09:23 PM
I got an email from Wilfried yesterday concerning my room reservation and he is aware of this discussion going on. The guy is trying to do the best he can and he realizes that he can improve upon his service. My room is still reserved and so is my pickup in Santiago on Saturday morning.

ChicaSeeka
04-16-2008, 09:42 PM
They have to make a movie out of this.

they already did " One flew over the cookoos nest"

sommy
04-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Ok I am confused as to who is who, but I was referring the guy with a very loud voice that could be heard form new garden all the way to ROCKYS.

Kevy
04-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Ok I am confused as to who is who, but I was referring the guy with a very loud voice that could be heard form new garden all the way to ROCKYS.

Quite easy, El Drunko was not in the DR, so it was Jayman.:corky:

blacksultan
04-16-2008, 10:03 PM
So I guess my accounting firm is run by their IT guy as well. many of the places everyone works at are run by their IT guys also. Then again you are not going to Medellin, you are going to Sosua. Climb out of the fog and see the world! My firm has $30,000,000 in business but its really the IT guy that runs the place cause the head boss knows nothing about computers..

You silly muthafucka, run that bullshit on someone else; you sound foolish. My going to Sosua and sticking my dick in a hoe's mouth and chocha has nothing to do with YOU needing to know how YOUR site is run from a technical standpoint. And since your key IT guy (Don Tomas) here likes to take an extended hiatus from time to time wouldnt you think it prudent that YOU should have some basic knowledge on how to fix shit on YOUR board. That seems common sensical to me. And I am pretty sure that many members would agree. So enjoy yourself and your 3 second orgasms in MDE. Peace.

blacksultan
04-16-2008, 10:09 PM
I have only stayed there twice, and I did not have any bad experiences. I can say that on my second stay last November the gentlemen Willfred?
Went out of his way to make my stay enjoyable.

I was with him and I can cosign what he said. Wilfried was very hospitable.

JuanElGriego
04-16-2008, 10:09 PM
they already did " One flew over the cookoos nest"

Jimmy's definately Cheswick!!! :rofl:

blacksultan
04-16-2008, 10:11 PM
Is there a video of this Event.:confused:

I dont need a video. I can see it in my mind's eye.:wink:

El Drunko
04-17-2008, 12:58 AM
LMAO, I love getting bitched at for something I didn't do...Keeps me on my toes...

jd_mine
04-17-2008, 07:17 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to fly 12 hours to get to RD. If you include getting to the airport on time and shit, it's more like a 16 hour trip.
If I got there after that trip and my room was not there I'd be fucking pissed as well. I have heard too many of these ocurrences at NG and it is the reason I don't book there. It's a shame, because the location is tops.

Jimmydr
04-17-2008, 07:30 AM
LMAO, I love getting bitched at for something I didn't do...Keeps me on my toes...

you and me both.

SJG
04-17-2008, 08:50 AM

Isn't that the definition of marriage?

El Drunko
04-17-2008, 09:49 AM
Isn't that the definition of marriage?

Thats a subject I know nothing about.....Marriage? isn't that the leading cause of divorce?