PDA

View Full Version : Isabel de Torres Scientific Reserve (Puerto Plata)

Don Tomas
09-12-2004, 01:25 AM
South of Puerto Plata is the nine-square-mile reserve of Isabel de Torres which is located on a hill that rises 2,640 feet above sea level. The reserve can be reached by taking the cable car from Puerto Plata to the top. The park itself has paths, a snack bar, and a souvenir shop.

There are fifteen subterranean rivers and brooks that flow through the hill. The botanical garden at the top, houses a variety of tropical vegetation as well as many bird species such as the Hispaniolan parrot, plain pigeon, limpkin and red-tailed hawk.

prtyr2
11-10-2004, 10:37 PM
http://www.dr-tourist.tv/pages/northcoast.html

That page has a video clip of Mt isabel de torres as well as other north coast stuff. The cable car ride is something you have to do once.

cremaconpalo
11-11-2004, 07:45 AM
...i was told that cable car ride was pretty shaky: When i saw it, i agreed. You basically have to put your life in the hands of the Dominican maintenance workers: Given the fact that shit goes on every year with ski lifts, rollercoasters and rides at fairs here in U.S., i have always declined the opportunity to get on it. :shock:

"You're a better man than i am, Gunga Din" :)

BrooklynBeas
11-11-2004, 07:49 AM
...i was told that cable car ride was pretty shaky: When i saw it, i agreed. You basically have to put your life in the hands of the Dominican maintenance workers: Given the fact that shit goes on every year with ski lifts, rollercoasters and rides at fairs here in U.S., i have always declined the opportunity to get on it. :shock:

"You're a better man than i am, Gunga Din" :)

i wouldnt put my life in the hands of any dominican... especially in the DR... even if they knew the car would fall and they found out they would still make 100 pesos they would let us go on it... any stats of if the car fell or deaths???

cremaconpalo
11-11-2004, 08:14 AM
...i'm sure that if those cable cars have ever fallen, it would be the best kept secret in D.R., but i personally know a guy here who was stuck up there for several hours when the motor failed...he said he was sure he was goin' down...cars swayin' back and forth, people screamin' and cryin'... and begged me to never get on it! :shock:

BrooklynBeas
11-11-2004, 08:25 AM
...i'm sure that if those cable cars have ever fallen, it would be the best kept secret in D.R., but i personally know a guy here who was stuck up there for several hours when the motor failed...he said he was sure he was goin' down...cars swayin' back and forth, people screamin' and cryin'... and begged me to never get on it! :shock:

Thanks... You just sold me... im never getting on one..

Jimmydr
11-11-2004, 08:33 AM

But we chipped in for your birthday, 1 RT :?:

BrooklynBeas
11-11-2004, 08:40 AM

But we chipped in for your birthday, 1 RT :?:

If you and I are in the same car (no gay shit) then i will go... :D

JDR
11-11-2004, 08:42 AM
You are 30 and I am 41. The life I had between that time was GREAT. The great times are ahead of you while they are behind me. Lets take that ride!

BrooklynBeas
11-11-2004, 08:45 AM
You are 30 and I am 41. The life I had between that time was GREAT. The great times are ahead of you while they are behind me. Lets take that ride!

are you saying you dont care if you die cause youve lived a good life... but i should want to live and really shouldnt go?... honestly if you want to take the ride and my friends are down... im down ... fuck it... at least if i die i will already be in heaven

cremaconpalo
11-11-2004, 08:48 AM

are you saying you dont care if you die cause youve lived a good life... but i should want to live and really shouldnt go?... honestly if you want to take the ride and my friends are down... im down ... fuck it... at least if i die i will already be in heaven

...be sure to take a maintence man with you (i wonder if they'd get on it?)! :wink:

psriches
11-11-2004, 10:27 AM
All I want to know is, are there chicas there???? :wink:

JDR
11-11-2004, 10:38 AM

Its down hill from 41 and I will just do more of the same. You have a great 10 years ahead of you!

BrooklynBeas
11-11-2004, 11:14 AM
i will probably pussy out when we get up to the thing... i havent even been on the Cyclone cause im a big pussy with rides...

WSJ3
11-11-2004, 11:28 AM
I disagree...it's not over until you are dead and buried...

BrooklynBeas
11-11-2004, 11:30 AM
Arafat Status

WSJ3
11-11-2004, 11:34 AM
Arafat Status

Bad Form Peter (Captain Hook Dustin Hoffman quote)

Wow dude talk about bad taste this guy isn't even cold yet.

LOL.

Reel Deal
11-11-2004, 12:32 PM
I had dinner with my novias sister and her hubby (a Dominican pilot, no less...) last nite in Orlando. Seems the cable car trip is something that lovers all over the country do before tying the knot.

Go figure.

Prolly safer than marriage, I imagine... :wink:

BrooklynBeas
11-11-2004, 12:36 PM
I had dinner with my novias sister and her hubby (a Dominican pilot, no less...) last nite in Orlando. Seems the cable car trip is something that lovers all over the country do before tying the knot.

Go figure.

Prolly safer than marriage, I imagine... :wink:

This changes my feelings about sharing a car with Jimmy...

WSJ3
11-11-2004, 12:51 PM
But seriously BB do you rent a car when you are in DR, or just hire a taxi to get from A to B?