PDA

View Full Version : No wonder there has been a shortage of chicas lately

bachag
04-24-2008, 02:53 PM
DR 4th for overseas prostitution
The DR has the unwanted distinction of being ranked fourth in the world in terms of the number of women working abroad in the sex trade. According to the Aquelarre Support Center (CEAPA), 50,000 Dominican women work as prostitutes abroad. The sex trade is usually tied in with human rights violations and involves large sums of money, international organized crime and drug trafficking. Hoy illustrates the reality of the issue through the story of "Fatima", a young women who was conned into the sex trade. The young woman says she was tricked into going abroad thinking she was going to get a better life, but ended up being forced to work in the sex industry for three months. She says that as part of her work schedule she slept with up to nine men a day and was drugged by the runners.

From DR1

Jimmydr
04-24-2008, 03:32 PM
That Jimmy, he is Malo.

greydread
04-24-2008, 03:52 PM
The sex trade is usually tied in with human rights violations and involves large sums of money, international organized crime and drug trafficking. Hoy illustrates the reality of the issue through the story of "Fatima", a young women who was conned into the sex trade. The young woman says she was tricked into going abroad thinking she was going to get a better life, but ended up being forced to work in the sex industry for three months. She says that as part of her work schedule she slept with up to nine men a day and was drugged by the runners.

From DR1
I'm sorry. That is just not the case in most instances. The women who go abroad on fake "waitress" visas know exactly what they're getting into and in many cases they live under far superior conditions while in the sex trade than they did at home. I know a Dominican Chica who's doing her 6th tour of duty at Casa Blanca (St. Maarten). She turns an average of 5 ST's a day and the breakdown is this:

ST= $45
House cut = $5
Chica cut = $40 plus a percentage of drinks bought for her
Chica rent= $40/day plus whatever unsolicited food or drink the house provides.
Average Chica propina = $10 (no split)

She built a house in La Romana with the proceeds of her first 4 trips. It's big enough for her family to live there in comfort. She just went back for trip #6 because it's the best way to ensure her childrens' education and a comfortable retirement for her.

If you want I'll give you a picture, name and directions to Casa Blanca where you too can contribute to her childrens' futures. Lord knows I did.:wink:

Pana
04-24-2008, 05:26 PM
DR's #1 export to the world is hoes I keep telling some of buddies this and they dont believe me. In my native country of Panama they are #2 to Colombiana hoes working in Panama as prostutites you would think there would be more chicas from Central or South America than chicas from the Caribbean (Republica Dominicana) working in Panama. Prostitution is part of Dominican culture thats just the way it is and the majority of it is not in the tourist areas like some people would want you to believe that shit is done all over the country.

El Capitan
04-24-2008, 06:46 PM
At least the DR is in the TOP 5 for something...

bigsexx
04-24-2008, 08:39 PM
What About BaseBall????

At least the DR is in the TOP 5 for something...

El Capitan
04-25-2008, 12:52 AM
What About BaseBall????

1) Baseball
2)
3)
4) Exporting hookers

greydread
04-25-2008, 08:17 AM
1) Baseball
2)
3)
4) Exporting hookers

2) Cigars
3) Cano azucar

ajax718
04-25-2008, 09:29 AM
Funny this story is mentioned. A girl I know in Santo Domingo for the last three years recently told me she was getting a visa to work in Spain this August. I think she said she was going to be a waitress. This is not a joke by the way, so now I am wondering what type of work she might be doing when she gets there

Jimmydr
04-25-2008, 09:30 AM
There are millions of guys spending Billions on sex and they all want a piece.

Hemp
04-25-2008, 09:37 AM
ive heard a few chicas tell me this as well...there seems to be a DR/Spain "Racket" going on. ive also met a couple who got scammed out there visa money.

Funny this story is mentioned. A girl I know in Santo Domingo for the last three years recently told me she was getting a visa to work in Spain this August. I think she said she was going to be a waitress. This is not a joke by the way, so now I am wondering what type of work she might be doing when she gets there

greydread
04-25-2008, 09:50 AM
ive heard a few chicas tell me this as well...there seems to be a DR/Spain "Racket" going on. ive also met a couple who got scammed out there visa money.
Dominicana dream destination #1= Nueva Jork

Domonicana dream destination #2 = Spain

Dominicana dream destination #3 = Holland

Dominicana dream destination #4 = Argentina

All these countries have enough waitresses already. These visas are entry level positions in the sex trade. The Chicas all have a Prima or Hermana who's been and come back with more money than they've ever seen and they want in. It's all voluntary and they've heard every success story and horror story there is. What do you think they talk about at the salons all day?

continentalmike
04-25-2008, 10:14 AM

Dominicana dream destination #3 = Holland - this is because I live there

All these countries have enough waitresses already. These visas are entry level positions in the sex trade. The Chicas all have a Prima or Hermana who's been and come back with more money than they've ever seen and they want in. It's all voluntary and they've heard every success story and horror story there is. What do you think they talk about at the salons all day?

They love Holland!

prtyr2
04-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Unless I am mistaken no visa is needed for a dominican to go to argentina.

Dominicana dream destination #3 = Holland

PapiQueRico
04-25-2008, 01:16 PM
A couple of the Rio garotas I met did a regular 6 months in Spain, 6 months home thing. There are a lot of Cubans going to Spain also.

Spain is concerned with their lowered birth rate and with Spaniards leaving the country to work in other parts of the EC. Because of this they have offered citezenship to anyone who can prove they are within three generations of a Spanish citizen. A lot of Cubans fall into this catagory.

Hemp
04-25-2008, 01:37 PM
very interesting!!!

whats the crux of the matter with the low birth rate thing? are spaniards more concerned with econimics and big business rather than marriage & kids?

A couple of the Rio garotas I met did a regular 6 months in Spain, 6 months home thing. There are a lot of Cubans going to Spain also.

Spain is concerned with their lowered birth rate and with Spaniards leaving the country to work in other parts of the EC. Because of this they have offered citezenship to anyone who can prove they are within three generations of a Spanish citizen. A lot of Cubans fall into this catagory.

PapiQueRico
04-25-2008, 02:23 PM
very interesting!!!

whats the crux of the matter with the low birth rate thing? are spaniards more concerned with econimics and big business rather than marriage & kids?

It's a problem all over Western Europe. I'm not knowledgeble specifically about the cause in Spain, but I am aware of this issue in a more general manner.

As societies move away from family based agriculture to industry and large industrial farms they usually have fewer children.

Also, as the level of education increases in a society the birth rate drops. This one has an intersting side issue. For many years the experts thought the relationship was between greater wealth and fewer kids. This was caused by the often parallel relationship between education and wealth. Further studies showed that even when education doesn't lead to greater wealth (depending on career choice or the local economics./system) it still leads to a lower birth rate.

It's not that I spend a lot of time with this, but two good friends of mine work for an NGO that focuses on population issues. I've learned a lot from them.

Downtown
04-25-2008, 03:53 PM

PQR,

Where can I accress more information about the 3rd generation relationship issue with a Spaniard?

PapiQueRico
04-25-2008, 05:34 PM
PQR,

Where can I accress more information about the 3rd generation relationship issue with a Spaniard?

I just did a quick google search and only found posts relating to children of Spaniards, whereas the Cubans I know who were working on this spoke of grandparents and great grandparents, so it will take a bit more research.

Interesting also is that people from former colonies can get citizenship after only two years of residence.

http://www.escapeartist.com/international/spain.htm

http://www.andalucia.com/law/citizenship/home.htm

greydread
04-25-2008, 05:57 PM
Unless I am mistaken no visa is needed for a dominican to go to argentina.
You are not mistaken. This is a favorite destination because of ease of access, a very stable economy and availability of work. Argentina is coming up in the World, economically speaking and there is also an excellent education system there. Many Dominicans see this as a destination where economic opportunity can be found.

Still, US and Europe stand as the first choices, mostly in the views of those who have relatives there already. The streets are still said to be paved with gold and the living easy.