PDA

View Full Version : Some questions to ensure no overpayment (Taxis to Cabarete)

UnMEnXTC
09-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Can any of the regs please tell me what I should be ready to pay for:

1. Motoconcho - Cabarete to Sosua
2. Taxi (Jesus) - Cabarete to Sosua

3. Motoconcho - Cabarete to Costombar (Barba Negra) (or is it too far for Moto?)
4. Taxi (Jesus) - Cabarete to Costombar (return following day!)

5. Cabana in Cabarete

Thanks

Mik

Jimmydr
09-13-2004, 09:10 AM
Can any of the regs please tell me what I should be ready to pay for:

1. Motoconcho - Cabarete to Sosua 50 -100 pesos
2. Taxi (Jesus) - Cabarete to Sosua 300 pesos

3. Motoconcho - Cabarete to Costombar (Barba Negra) (or is it too far for Moto?)
4. Taxi (Jesus) - Cabarete to Costombar (return following day!)

5. Cabana in Cabarete its about 15-20 minutes past Caberete, but its about $5 or $10

Thanks

Mik

WSJ3
09-13-2004, 11:03 AM
If you take a motoconcho from Cabarete to Sosua or Costambar you have a deathwish. It is VERY dangerous to go more than a mile on a motoconcho. It is highly recommended if you are looking to save money take a carro publico or gwa gwa for 26 pesos ......or less!
Both are safe and cheap and can be caught right outside Jose O shays or a few feet down towards Kite Beach. You can also negotiate the rental of an entire carro for $182 Pesos. Its 26 per person, so rent the whole car for 1/4 of the price of a cab. make sure he repeats the amount back to you!

I am afraid to take a motorconcho to Charmicos from Sousa. One guy almost killed me. Never again.

ATTICA...ATTICA...

El Drunko
09-13-2004, 11:19 AM
4 of us had Jesus drive us to BB for a couple of hrs. He charged us 30us. At the time I figured it was a bit high, but screw it. Hes a nice guy and speaks enough english to have a conversation.

UnMEnXTC
09-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Thanks guys.

BTW I did travel from Costombar to POP numerous times by motoconcho while i was there last year. Very interesting indeed. lol

GWA seems like a good way to go, will have to check these out next month.

Thanks again,

Jimmydr
09-13-2004, 01:44 PM
Thanks guys.

BTW I did travel from Costombar to POP numerous times by motoconcho while i was there last year. Very interesting indeed. lol

GWA seems like a good way to go, will have to check these out next month.

Thanks again,

I take motos all the time. Dangerous, hell yes but I am in DR! :D

continentalmike
09-15-2004, 09:54 AM
guagua's/publicos only run from sun-up till sin-down.. concho 24/7 or take a taxi at night

nomad
10-03-2004, 04:55 PM
I paid 100 pesos for my wife and I to go from Cabarete to Sosua in July. Try the Transito Publico. Look for the cars with the blue signs on top. Cabarete to Sosua for 20 pesos. People call them gua gua's but that is not correct. Gua gua's are usually a white van. Use them for longer distances.

Nomad