PDA

View Full Version : HURRICANE UPDATES

WSJ3
09-15-2004, 04:13 PM
I got this bit of information from the following website: http://www.stormcarib.com/reports/2004/domrep.shtml

Things are normal in Santo Domingo today. Unfortunately, people don't seem to be taking this seriously and even the news network and only mentioning it as secondary news. Hopefully it'll follow the projections I've seen so far and cross to the north of us. But from what I've read on the other islands, we'll probably be receiving a bit a rain, causing some considerable flooding. I hope that if it reaches hurricane strength today, people will realize how serious the situation it...

Jimmydr
09-15-2004, 08:58 PM
I heard all flights to DR are cancelled for Thursday! :(

El Drunko
09-15-2004, 09:10 PM
I just looked up a jfk-pop flight, CANCELED for Thursday

the_Jayman
09-15-2004, 11:00 PM
FUCK . . it's gonna be clear by Saturday ! !

BrooklynBeas
09-16-2004, 07:50 AM
Wednesday and Thursday cancelled so far... Im supposed to be flying Friday morning... will call AA later to find out if I will be going or not..!!

Beas is fucking pissed cause he thinks he will be in NYC this weekend!

WSJ3
09-16-2004, 11:17 AM
Hurricane Classification

Hurricanes are classified into five categories, based on their wind speeds and potential to cause damage.

* Category One -- Winds 74-95 miles per hour
* Category Two -- Winds 96-110 miles per hour
* Category Three -- Winds 111-130 miles per hour
* Category Four -- Winds 131-155 miles per hour
* Category Five -- Winds greater than 155 miles per hour

WSJ3
09-16-2004, 11:17 AM
Hurricane Andrew: This hurricane hit on August 24, 1992 in southern Florida. It then turned and hit Louisiana. More than a million people had to leave the area due to the storm. Heavy rains and tornadoes were part of the hurricane’s destructive power. Andrew was the most expensive hurricane in the history of the U.S.

Hurricane Floyd: This hurricane, which struck in September 1999, brought so much rain that 13 states were issued federal disaster declarations -- more declarations for a single event than ever before. More than $500 million of federal money was spent on helping states recover. North Carolina was hit the hardest of any state.

WSJ3
09-16-2004, 11:20 AM
Hurricane Jeanne Projected Path

http://www.wftv.com/weather/3729116/detail.html

Don Tomas
09-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Wednesday and Thursday cancelled so far... Im supposed to be flying Friday morning... will call AA later to find out if I will be going or not..!!

Come to Orlando for the Fiesta Caliente! :lol:

WSJ3
09-16-2004, 01:13 PM

Will Fiesta Caliente have dominicana that will bone for $40 US?

Don Tomas
09-16-2004, 01:40 PM

I will let you know Monday. :D

PS. I hope so...

BrooklynBeas
09-16-2004, 02:50 PM
Fucking Hurrican Rosh Hashana ... i think its the jewish gods that are trying to stop me from sleeping with sucia dominicanas!

WSJ3
09-16-2004, 03:54 PM

I will let you know Monday. :D

PS. I hope so...

Stroke it one time for me bro.

El Drunko
09-16-2004, 09:02 PM
I can only say one thing, Don`t be a coward, be on time.

the_Jayman
09-17-2004, 09:20 AM
Bk Beas's flight is CANCELLED ! !

My flight for tomorrow still listed as "on schedule"

I think Big Trick got rerouted to SDQ

Haven't heard from jd_mine in 8 hours . . .

WSJ3
09-17-2004, 09:22 AM
NYC is going to get some fallout from the hurricanes in the form of heavy rains today and tomorrow.

I can only hope that the hurricanes are going to end soon.

I need my October Chica Fest.

the_Jayman
09-17-2004, 01:02 PM
So what happened with Beas?

Gonna try and fly down tomorrow or when?

Jimmydr
09-17-2004, 01:04 PM
So what happened with Beas?

Gonna try and fly down tomorrow or when?

He is probably home crying after spending an hour waiting to get thru to reschedule. I know the feeling, first I was delayed by 9/11/2001 then a Blizzard, then a blackout in 8/2003. :(

BrooklynBeas
09-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Shut up... im right here... At work... I was all ready ... i called 10 times yesterday... even called at 5:30 this mornin and they said it was ready to go... i called at 8am and they said cancelled... got through in 1 minute.. took off my shorts and tee shirt and threw on work clothes and came to work an hour late so i dont waste a vacation day... yes im upset but im chilling with my chillean chica friend and will get ass from her this weekend instead of multiple dominicans... oh well not as bad as it could be i guess

WSJ3
09-17-2004, 02:58 PM
Shut up... im right here... At work... I was all ready ... i called 10 times yesterday... even called at 5:30 this mornin and they said it was ready to go... i called at 8am and they said cancelled... got through in 1 minute.. took off my shorts and tee shirt and threw on work clothes and came to work an hour late so i dont waste a vacation day... yes im upset but im chilling with my chillean chica friend and will get ass from her this weekend instead of multiple dominicans... oh well not as bad as it could be i guess

Take some pics.

BrooklynBeas
09-17-2004, 02:59 PM

Take some pics.

She is not a whore she is a girl that thinks she is my girlfriend kind of haha

the_Jayman
09-17-2004, 03:07 PM
yes im upset but im chilling with my chillean chica friend and will get ass from her this weekend

Rate and contact info ? :twisted:

WSJ3
09-17-2004, 03:25 PM

Take some pics.

She is not a whore she is a girl that thinks she is my girlfriend kind of haha

Oh my apologies BK

I didn't think that anyone actually had a girlfriend anymore.

I have to get out more. LOL.

Jimmydr
09-17-2004, 09:13 PM
Spoke to my girl at 8PM. No lights, heavy winds and rain. Papa's shack was blown away. :(

WSJ3
09-17-2004, 09:17 PM
Spoke to my girl at 8PM. No lights, heavy winds and rain. Papa's shack was blown away. :(

I guess the pics that I have viewed here and on WSA are accurate.

Damn shame.

Jimmydr
09-17-2004, 09:23 PM
Jimmy will rebuild Papa's shack but there will be a bar area infront and it will be called Izzys disco of Caberete! :D

gdogg
09-18-2004, 02:04 AM
Jimmy will rebuild Papa's shack but there will be a bar area infront and it will be called Izzys disco of Caberete! :D

Sounds like a winner to me!!
:D

WSJ3
09-18-2004, 04:43 PM
Two killed as hurricane Jeanne slams Dominican Republic

www.chinaview.cn 2004-09-18 10:34:09

HAVANA, Sept. 17 (Xinhuanet) -- Two people were killed, nine injured and one went missing as hurricane Jeanne slammed the Dominican Republic on Thursday, according to reports reaching here.

About 13,000 people were evacuated from their houses, and thousands of residents were stranded due to the floods produced by the overflowing of Soco River in the east of the Caribbean country.

Several flights to the United States and Puerto Rico were canceled at Las Americas International Airport. Gregorio Luperon Airport at Puerto Plata, north Dominican Republic, was closed.

Jeanne has changed from tropical storm to hurricane during its pass through the Dominican Republic, said Jose Luis German, spokesman of the Emergency Operations Center.

The National Meteorology Office said the hurricane will continue affecting the country for another 36 hours. Enditem

BrooklynBeas
09-20-2004, 08:02 AM
As for my trip being cancelled maybe it was for the best... Im safe in NY and i got a bbbjnqns from my chilean chica on friday... I didnt say she was my girl... she thinks she is my girl... I have too many to give one the title now... just having fun for now