PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay in BC

portcityplaya
09-16-2004, 09:34 PM
Some friends and I are going to Boca Chica in January. I know it's early but I like to plan ahead. We are considering three hotels.
Zapata, El Candil and Europa. I don't really want to stay at the Europa personally because it is right in the middle of it all. Can you hlep me with some info about these three hotels. We stayed at Hamaca before and don't need anything of that level. Which of the hotels has:

A. the best room
B. Chica friendly.
C. the best price.
D. Chica friendly.
E. Bar/Food.
F. Safety. - I don't feel like getting into any drama.

I have checked some sites and have gotten mixed reviews about Europa, Zapata seems to have very small rooms and El Candil isn't right on the beach. Any more info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jimmydr
09-16-2004, 09:37 PM
Last time I stayed over was in Aug 1997. I stopped by for the day in Dec 2002. Now I just stay in Sosua, Santiago or Jarabacao areas.

MisterPink
09-16-2004, 11:51 PM
CENSORED

RearWindow
09-18-2004, 08:52 AM
Candil is only about 2 blocks or so from the beach, Costalunga a little bit farther. There is an advantage to the distance, as the street rats, if they know you are staying in a room off Duarte will pretty much make themselves a nuisance, and usually around breakfast time.

Security at El Candil is great, but not over the top. One girl only at a time.
And as it's Italian owned, you can get some great pasta from the bar/kitchen. Which is right next to the pool.

Funny thing I noticed last trip, at El Candil there is a gate that allows entry to the hotel, and whenever a chica goes by (whether on foot or motoconcho) she ALWAYS look in..so you can actually wave one down from poolside.

WSJ3
09-18-2004, 09:24 AM
When I was a newbie, I would stay at the Hamaca (not chica friendly) and use the cheap hotels for fucking putas.

There is a better way gentlemen.

Deniro
11-27-2004, 04:24 PM
i've stayed at europa 3 times and i can say i'm pretty happy with the place. the owner is a cool guy as well, perez, he's from NY, speaks fluent english. they also fired angelo, the clerk. for those of you who know who i'm talking, turns out he was stealing from the guests. never stole anything from me though. now david runs the show when perez is not there. in my opinion the hotel has the best location in BC. the only negative thing i can say about the hotel is the A/Cs. you might have to check a few rooms before you find one with a good A/C. cheers.

ps. i paid $40 a night cause it was my 3rd time there.

kammakaze1
01-07-2005, 05:49 PM
i have been to boca chica a million times and have tried all the hotels
that you are talking about..but please check out this little diamond in the rough
i stayed at in Aug '04 called the 'el caucho' hotel..its been under new management
since fall 2003..the management are young and cool and are very willing to please
the their customers (two italians and and british guy)..i had a fantastic time..
the guys are constantly working to make the place a much nicer environment..
the rooms are small but very nice..i noticed that just like blackbeards in pp they have
independant ladies in the hotel at your beck and call but the standard of the girls was
much better than blackbeards this one girl i almost couldnt believe how beatiful she was!
she was friendly and very willing! her name i cannot remember just like the other beauties!!..
they have a pool, two bars (one in the front and one by the pool in the lounge area
with the pool table)..trust me guys this will be the place to stay in boca chica in
the next few years! check them out www.elcaucho.com :P