PDA

View Full Version : Oh Oh, Manolo...

MrHappy
05-15-2008, 02:37 PM
me make poem.. ha ha

This is a quick note for all of you Manolo's lovers.

For those of you who don't know Manolo's, it's a small cafe on Independence Ave. behind the Jaragua Hotel.

It's been a great place to hang out at night, have a cigar and a cappucino and watch the women, especially around 12-1 at night.

I went by yesterday, and it appears to be closed due to construction. I couldn't quite figure out what they're going to do, but it looks like they may be raising the floor in the front to the same level as the restaurant in the back.

I'm going to see if I can drive by again and get a picture.

So, at least for the time being, it's not going to be the place you wanna be at for the late night girl watching..

Maybe the bar across the street?

greydread
05-15-2008, 02:49 PM
me make poem.. ha ha

This is a quick note for all of you Manolo's lovers.

For those of you who don't know Manolo's, it's a small cafe on Independence Ave. behind the Jaragua Hotel.

It's been a great place to hang out at night, have a cigar and a cappucino and watch the women, especially around 12-1 at night.

I went by yesterday, and it appears to be closed due to construction. I couldn't quite figure out what they're going to do, but it looks like they may be raising the floor in the front to the same level as the restaurant in the back.

I'm going to see if I can drive by again and get a picture.

So, at least for the time being, it's not going to be the place you wanna be at for the late night girl watching..

Maybe the bar across the street?
I hope these guys aren't going upscale and we lose the open air easy access monger's eye view of the street. I'd have to redesign my M.O. from the ground up.

Well....we can always cross the street, take a seat and wait for the bus that never comes.:rofl:

prtyr2
05-15-2008, 03:12 PM
I walked by last night after dinner at Conuco and before heading to Hotel Lina. It was a mess of construction. Cool place to have a beer but I wouldn't eat there if paid large sums of money. . . .lol. . .

greydread
05-15-2008, 03:56 PM
I walked by last night after dinner at Conuco and before heading to Hotel Lina. It was a mess of construction. Cool place to have a beer but I wouldn't eat there if paid large sums of money. . . .lol. . .
I've eaten there many times. No problems here....prices are right and the food is fresh.

MrHappy
05-15-2008, 04:15 PM
yeah, me too, although they have screwed up my order more than once.

But, what they brought me was good.

Of course, you'll have the guys that say.." shit, they took forever to bring my food, and when they did, it was the wrong thing. They can't get it right, the chica's are ugly...."

You know the type.

Actually, I just got a glance, but it seemed like they're setting it up so your point of view is a little higher up, so you get a clearer view of what's walking by..

Dread, we'll have to toss down a few with a stogie once they finish.

prtyr2
05-15-2008, 04:25 PM
I went there my first night ever in SD. Ordered a burger took one bite and spit it out. . .lol. . .every gringo I have known that has eaten there got really sick. . .well except for you guys;-)

I'll walk over to Hotel Senorial or even around the block to Conuco which is a touristy joint rather than eat at manolos but obviously you guys have had better luck!

greydread
05-15-2008, 05:46 PM
I went there my first night ever in SD. Ordered a burger took one bite and spit it out. . .lol. . .every gringo I have known that has eaten there got really sick. . .well except for you guys;-)

I'll walk over to Hotel Senorial or even around the block to Conuco which is a touristy joint rather than eat at manolos but obviously you guys have had better luck!
I really enjoyed Conuco's atmosphere and the food and drinks were great but comparing those restaraunts to Manolo is like comparing Steak and Ale or Red, Hot and Blue to Nathan's....where you gonna' get frog legs & fries at 3 am?

Yeah.....they've got "ho cakes" too.:lol:

MrHappy
05-15-2008, 08:46 PM
I really enjoyed Conuco's atmosphere and the food and drinks were great but comparing those restaraunts to Manolo is like comparing Steak and Ale or Red, Hot and Blue to Nathan's....where you gonna' get frog legs & fries at 3 am?

Yeah.....they've got "ho cakes" too.:lol:

Conuco is great too, but a man's gonna get fat eatin' in that place!

prtyr2
05-16-2008, 07:08 AM
I eat one dish at Conuco Pechuga a la plancha with white rice. I usually take dates to conuco if they have never been which most haven't. They all love the show and the place itself. They also dig the iea that is 3 blocks away from where I live. I am sure in their mind they are thinking. . ."hmmm when I move in with my new novio. . . .we could walk here". . . .lol

BTW Mrhappy. . ..we ARE fat;-)

MrHappy
05-16-2008, 12:48 PM
I eat one dish at Conuco Pechuga a la plancha with white rice. I usually take dates to conuco if they have never been which most haven't. They all love the show and the place itself. They also dig the iea that is 3 blocks away from where I live. I am sure in their mind they are thinking. . ."hmmm when I move in with my new novio. . . .we could walk here". . . .lol

BTW Mrhappy. . ..we ARE fat;-)

Jeez, the truth hurts brother, but I'm workin' on gettin mine down.. tough going at 56.

prtyr2
05-16-2008, 01:47 PM
I lost a few when I got back down. I eat way too much while traveling. But I have been going out almost every night and drinking a lot of beer. Need to slow that down. Besides we are so damn tall we don't get round. . . .we get oblong;-)

Jeez, the truth hurts brother, but I'm workin' on gettin mine down.. tough going at 56.

MrHappy
05-16-2008, 06:10 PM
I lost a few when I got back down. I eat way too much while traveling. But I have been going out almost every night and drinking a lot of beer. Need to slow that down. Besides we are so damn tall we don't get round. . . .we get oblong;-)

Talk about drinking beer... I was in the city Thursday, and got caught up in that motherfuckin' PRD rally..

It took me 5 hours to move my car 3 kilometers. I actually bought 5 beers in the same colmado. I'd buy one, sit in the car and drink it. Get out, buy another, and sit in the car and drink it.

5 beers... IN THE SAME FUCKING COLMADO!!!!! That's how slow the traffic was moving. I didn't get home until 10 fucking 30, drunk on my ass, and down a half a tank of 5 dollar a gallon diesel fuel.. Me and everyone else were taking leaks in the street, for petes sake.

I think I must have had 15 beers by the time I got home. I am sooooooooo happy this political shit is over.