PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me ya'll don't do this....

David Smash
05-20-2008, 02:50 AM
Here is an interesting post I got from ISG

In the D.R. the girls will take either dollars or pesos, doesn't matter to them really.
Do the colombian chicsa take dollars?

Is this common in DR now? To pay in USD??

3somefan
05-20-2008, 05:19 AM
I hope it isn't!!

psriches
05-20-2008, 06:30 AM

Is this common in DR now? To pay in USD??Of course it is.......

This type of thing and alot more goes down on a daily basis. It's very easy for us to get caught up in the "ISOC" world of hype where everyone should know better based on the info we provide, but this just isn't the case. The mongers "in the know" (from our site and others) really only represent about 5% of the mongers in Sosua. The rest of the mongers are travelling there blind and learn from trial and error!!!

prtyr2
05-20-2008, 06:54 AM
What is the difference? If you pay in pesos or the equivalent amount in dollars the only difference I see for many members is the lack of need to go to a cambio. I live here so rarely have more than a few dollars lying around. I do everything with ATM, credit card and pesos.

MisterPink
05-20-2008, 08:50 AM
I would seriously be more concerned about those paying in Euros and Pound Sterlina, these are the guys messing with the price structure!

The pendejo's that pay in $USD100 bills in Domino Bar and buy street rats Hennessy are not on the same playing field, so I am not too concerned. Worry about yourself not how/what others pay!
pink

Hemp
05-20-2008, 09:03 AM
I'd have to agree with psriches and Pink.

besides, the chicas pretty much know who they can get over on as far as money and who they cant...they can tell the succers from the smart ones...some of us give them hair salon money and some money to eat while others pay there WU, bills and of coarse Chulo's cut.

game recognize game...worrying about the next guy is No Importa.

I would seriously be more concerned about those paying in Euros and Pound Sterlina, these are the guys messing with the price structure!

The pendejo's that pay in $USD100 bills in Domino Bar and buy street rats Hennessy are not on the same playing field, so I am not too concerned. Worry about yourself not how/what others pay!pink

Jimmydr
05-20-2008, 09:06 AM
I'd have to agree with psriches and Pink.

besides, the chicas pretty much know who they can get over on as far as money and who they cant...they can tell the succers from the smart ones...some of us give them hair salon money and some money to eat while others pay there WU, bills and of coarse Chulo's cut.

game recognize game...worrying about the next guy is No Importa.

Someone has to make their hair look good.

Jimmydr
05-20-2008, 09:07 AM

Is this common in DR now? To pay in USD??

Does it matter, we now play in Medellin, home of the $27 hour! Two for one!

MisterPink
05-20-2008, 09:08 AM
Someone has to make their hair look good.

Those of us that have hair!

:rofl:

Jimmydr
05-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Those of us that have hair!

:rofl:

Hair or money, no reason to have both!

SJG
05-20-2008, 09:10 AM
From now on, I am just going to open up my wallet and tell them to take what they think they earned.

Jimmydr
05-20-2008, 09:11 AM
From now on, I am just going to open up my wallet and tell them to take what they think they earned.

That is mean. Some will be so confused, they will go away with nothing.

Beads
05-20-2008, 10:36 AM
The only problem caused by people paying in dollars is some people are now asking to be paid in US dollars and not in pesos. Luckily it only happens in Sosua these days.

I have taken a stern stance of anyone quoting me prices in Sosua in US dollars I don't even deal with.

Jimmydr
05-20-2008, 10:38 AM
The only problem caused by people paying in dollars is some people are now asking to be paid in US dollars and not in pesos. Luckily it only happens in Sosua these days.

I have taken a stern stance of anyone quoting me prices in Sosua in US dollars I don't even deal with.

In Costa Rica they ask for "Cien Dollars" for an hour or less time.

Hemp
05-20-2008, 10:40 AM
it happened to me once in Jan. 07 me and the entire pack fell out laughing in the middle of the old Quiotes restaraunt. she said thats what guys in punta cana pay her... $100 US, i figured she was talking about the A.I. guys.

to this day that girl looks at me with a crooked eye and flips me the bird :p

dont blame me chica, im just the messenger ;)

Jimmydr
05-20-2008, 10:43 AM
it happened to me once in Jan. 07 me and the entire pack fell out laughing in the middle of the old Quiotes restaraunt. she said thats what guys in punta cana pay her... $100 US, i figured she was talking about the A.I. guys.

to this day that girl looks at me with a crooked eye and flips me the bird :p

dont blame me chica, im just the messenger ;)

Word on the street is that the wolfpack only carries $100 bills.:icontd:

Hemp
05-20-2008, 10:44 AM
lol...:p

riiiiiiiight.

Beads
05-20-2008, 10:46 AM
In the Europa is where most of the weekend warriors stay. They typically pay $50USD ST and $100USD TLN. I've tried to tell a few in the past to go next door and get pesos but they say hey its only $100.

Now I don't even bother. Hey its their money.

Jimmydr
05-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Big fucking deal, $100. Thats 3300 pesos compared to 2,000. In San Jose Costa Rica they pay $250 for 20 minutes. A chica works one night and walks away withh a $1,000 or more per week end night.

The chicas of Sosua won't be happy with only $200 for 2 nights.

greydread
05-20-2008, 11:13 AM
That is mean. Some will be so confused, they will go away with nothing.
The possibility of this happening is more realistic than most can imagine.

On our very first trip to the D.R. I was awakened at 5:30 am by a commotion at the balcony entrance of my buddy's room. I went to find out why his casa puta (on whom he'd already dropped a $2,500RD bar fine) was raising hell at that ungodly hour and when I finally got her to calm down and speak slowly enough for me to understand it seemed that he'd given her a $50 bill for a propina after their session.

I took the $50 from her, went into my room and got a $1,000 peso note and gave it to her. She smiled, gave me a kiss and went off in a taxi. I then went back to sleep.

Silly wabbit.:lol:

JD426
05-20-2008, 12:00 PM
The possibility of this happening is more realistic than most can imagine.

On our very first trip to the D.R. I was awakened at 5:30 am by a commotion at the balcony entrance of my buddy's room. I went to find out why his casa puta (on whom he'd already dropped a $2,500RD bar fine) was raising hell at that ungodly hour and when I finally got her to calm down and speak slowly enough for me to understand it seemed that he'd given her a $50 bill for a propina after their session.

I took the $50 from her, went into my room and got a $1,000 peso note and gave it to her. She smiled, gave me a kiss and went off in a taxi. I then went back to sleep.

And when I say that some/most ? of the chicas are somewhat uneducated, I get called names.
What else would you call a chica who can't do simple math in her head ?Its not ALGEBRA.
Very sad really. I genuinely feel bad for them. Imagine one of them in a grocery store trying to figure out COST PER UNIT.

Jimmydr
05-20-2008, 12:25 PM
And when I say that some/most ? of the chicas are somewhat uneducated, I get called names.
What else would you call a chica who can't do simple math in her head ?Its not ALGEBRA.
Very sad really. I genuinely feel bad for them. Imagine one of them in a grocery store trying to figure out COST PER UNIT.

Gee, if pesos are 33 to 1 that makes it about 3 cents so why do many guys have no clue how much 100 pesos is?

For every dumb hooker there is a dumb monger.

JD426
05-20-2008, 12:33 PM
I never said UNEDUCATED = DUMB .
You learn math in school, providing your stay in school long enough.
or did you get your CPA on the STREET ??
Mongers who cant do math probably SLEPT while in class,but these chicas never attented those same classes. Thats the difference.
So the Monger is therefore DUMB, cause he HAD the opportunity and wasted it, the Chica didnt GET the education, therefore uneducated in Math.
I still fail to see how I have insulted Chicas who didnt stay in school long enough.

Jimmydr
05-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Mongers who cant do math probably SLEPT while in class,but these chicas never attented those same classes. Thats the difference.
So the Monger is therefore DUMB, cause he HAD the opportunity and wasted it, the Chica didnt GET the education, therefore uneducated in Math.
I still fail to see how I have insulted Chicas who didnt stay in school long enough.

It costs money to go to school and many families can't afford it.

Bug Boy
05-20-2008, 12:51 PM
The only class I ever slept in was Spanish.
I'm kicking myself now!!

Hunter
05-20-2008, 01:19 PM
The only class I ever slept in was Spanish.
I'm kicking myself now!!

Same with me.

Isn't it ironic the only real useful classes you will ever take in school are the foreign language ones.

I mean who uses history, calculus, or economic theories in the real world.

3somefan
05-20-2008, 04:15 PM

I remember you mentioning this before somewhere. This is still very funny to me!! :lol:

David Smash
05-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Of course it is.......

This type of thing and alot more goes down on a daily basis. It's very easy for us to get caught up in the "ISOC" world of hype where everyone should know better based on the info we provide, but this just isn't the case. The mongers "in the know" (from our site and others) really only represent about 5% of the mongers in Sosua. The rest of the mongers are travelling there blind and learn from trial and error!!!

You know what you're right!!! It's their money and they can do what he pleases. This won't affect me at all. But for the sake of providing info and advice, I will just list some of the reasons why I think this practice should be avoided.

1.) Getting change - if a chica/taxi/chica taxi quotes you at 30 and all you
have are $20 bills. You're out $10. While if this happens once hey no
biggie but over constant spending you can lose precious dollars that
could have went towards your vacation.

2.) Greydread just pointed this one out. Some chicas will get confused.
Even if the girl he mentioned could read all she saw was the small
unknown bill and said "He's giving me a smaller counterfeit" She was
more comfortable with what she knew and that was her currency

3.) It may cause you to be a mark. Dollars are more vaulable to some than
to others. If you are seen walking around doing this it may attract the
wrong attention.

So if it is easier for you to use USD or Euros or Pounds, then hey do you. I'm offering my opinion.

Solamente mi dos centavos

JD426
05-20-2008, 05:57 PM
You know what you're right!!! It's their money and they can do what he pleases. This won't affect me at all. But for the sake of providing info and advice, I will just list some of the reasons why I think this practice should be avoided.

1.) Getting change - if a chica/taxi/chica taxi quotes you at 30 and all you
have are $20 bills. You're out $10. While if this happens once hey no
biggie but over constant spending you can lose precious dollars that
could have went towards your vacation.

2.) Greydread just pointed this one out. Some chicas will get confused.
Even if the girl he mentioned could read all she saw was the small
unknown bill and said "He's giving me a smaller counterfeit" She was
more comfortable with what she knew and that was her currency

3.) It may cause you to be a mark. Dollars are more vaulable to some than
to others. If you are seen walking around doing this it may attract the
wrong attention.

So if it is easier for you to use USD or Euros or Pounds, then hey do you. I'm offering my opinion.

Solamente mi dos centavos

You know those are some great points ,ESP the counterfeit thing.
We cant even keep track of our own money, because they change it so many times. The $100 bill from years ago with the small head, looks absol NOTHING like the bill today. So how do we expect people in foreign countries to keep track of our paper currency?
I just got a $5 bill change today, and had to look at it a couple times.2006 series with the big #5 on the back bottom right. Looks downright counterfeit with that oddball large #5
Now the supreme court just decided that our paper currency is unfair to Blind people so we will see diff size bills in the future?
Cant wait for that Fiasco.

PapiQueRico
05-20-2008, 06:20 PM
You know those are some great points ,ESP the counterfeit thing.
We cant even keep track of our own money, because they change it so many times. The $100 bill from years ago with the small head, looks absol NOTHING like the bill today. So how do we expect people in foreign countries to keep track of our paper currency?
I just got a $5 bill change today, and had to look at it a couple times.2006 series with the big #5 on the back bottom right. Looks downright counterfeit with that oddball large #5
Now the supreme court just decided that our paper currency is unfair to Blind people
so we will see diff size bills in the future?
Cant wait for that Fiasco

Fiasco?!?!?! This is the only country I've ever been to (and I've only been to 25 countries) that has curency which is all the same size and all the same color. Makes no sense whatsoever, and not only for the blind.

greydread
05-20-2008, 08:43 PM
I remember you mentioning this before somewhere. This is still very funny to me!! :lol:
Sorry if I reiterate often. After three wives and 5 kids I don't think I'm psychologically capable of saying the same thing only once.:rofl:

MrHappy
05-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Sorry if I reiterate often. After three wives and 5 kids I don't think I'm psychologically capable of saying the same thing only once.:rofl:

What? What? What?

moshy2k
05-21-2008, 12:48 AM

Hempstead carries $100 bills but he sure is slow to spend any of it. CHEAP BASTARD. He likes to stagger away from the bar tab and et others to pay especially when he breaks a few glass due to being drunk.

Hemp
05-21-2008, 10:08 AM
disclaimer:

please excuse this beligerent mindless bantor as my wingman has been off his MEDS for about 2 weeks now which would explain moshy2k flying off the handle lately!!!

Hempstead carries $100 bills but he sure is slow to spend any of it. CHEAP BASTARD. He likes to stagger away from the bar tab and et others to pay especially when he breaks a few glass due to being drunk.

SJG
05-21-2008, 01:42 PM
disclaimer:

please excuse this beligerent mindless bantor as my wingman has been off his MEDS for about 2 weeks now which would explain moshy2k flying off the handle lately!!!

Let me know which meds, I might have something that will fix him right up.....

Pussy would probably work too.....

PapiQueRico
05-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Let me know which meds, I might have something that will fix him right up.....

Pussy would probably work too.....

Try Midol :wink:

SJG
05-21-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm more of a Pamprin man myself....