PDA

View Full Version : Looks like money in Sosua is not for pampers and milk anymore

bachag
05-28-2008, 04:42 PM
From El National

SOSUA, Dominican Republic. – The local parish priest today said residents here are “alarmed and afraid” as drug trafficking has taken hold of everything and asked “to resume the sense of authority.”

San Antonio de Padua church priest Bernardo Vásquez said individuals dedicated to narcotics traffic and consumption have the control of the community, “because there are places where with the fall of night Police don’t even dare enter.”

He said in an intense shootout Sunday night more than 300 rounds were fired. “This seemed a Vietnam.”

The prelate said people are so scared that church meetings must end at 8 at night because the people are afraid to walk the streets at that hour. “Drug trafficking has the control of Sosúa and this isn’t within the reach of Police”.

He said those linked to drugs “don’t care if they cut anyone’s throat. What’s need is for the authorities to put their pants on.”

Source: elnacional.com.do

eastcoastallstar
05-28-2008, 05:00 PM
The residents call the police, toy soldiers, they have no real purpose except to extort tourists.

greydread
05-28-2008, 05:47 PM
The residents call the police, toy soldiers, they have no real purpose except to extort tourists.
....with their rusty guns and less than uniform uniforms :rofl:

This is a "Banana Republic". When the big wind comes and shuts down the thin vestiges of "civilization" it will revert to its original state. Anyone been to Grenada, lately? Listen to the Outlaw Josey Wales "Jah, Jah Move".

Why do we travel with expectations of our destinations conforming to us? I like it there just as it is and I don't think that there's any danger of it changing much in our lifetime. If I wanted Walt Disney World, I'd take my ass to Orlando....

Tony Badabing
05-28-2008, 09:42 PM
What the fuck is the difference here in the U.S. LARRY DAVIS selling drugs for the police or midtown south police running a prostitution ring down the block from the pct....Cop's taking drug money bribes etc....... And let's not forget about the GOAT in hunts point run by the police total whorehouse......

Inconego
05-28-2008, 09:50 PM

Sounds like the norm for 3rd world police forces...

Ram
05-28-2008, 11:14 PM
Ever been to Kingston, Jamaica?

Hemp
05-28-2008, 11:22 PM
its out in the open now in the tourist area...the goverment will get this under control atleast im thinking???

dominican billy, Mr. Happy? any thoughts? since you guys live around this.

MrHappy
05-29-2008, 06:15 AM
Well....

The North coast in general is one of Leonel's favorite areas, so I'd guess we're going to see another of their "changing of the guard" very soon, along with the raids and mass arrests you hear about every so often.

The police have tons of undercover agents and sympathizers, and once they have a ID on the worse of the worse, they'll go in and round them up.

With conditions the way they are, every year or so, a whole new group of delinquents come of age, and the cycle gets repeated over and over again.

But drugs are definitely making their mark on this country. The amount of drugs that is being caught coming in is staggering, and the belief is that they are not even scratching the surface.

prtyr2
05-29-2008, 10:03 AM
When I first started coming here drugs traveled through the DR and not all that much stayed down here. Bachag is write most girls used to work for leche and pampers, now many work for drugs. . . .. that is one of the main reasons I am less likely to monger than go out with non pros.

I see many people with druegd out eyes in almost any disco. Back in the day De Noche was the only place where I saw that. . . .

El Capitan
05-29-2008, 11:13 AM
From El National

SOSUA, Dominican Republic. – The local parish priest today said residents here are “alarmed and afraid” as drug trafficking has taken hold of everything and asked “to resume the sense of authority.”

San Antonio de Padua church priest Bernardo Vásquez said individuals dedicated to narcotics traffic and consumption have the control of the community, “because there are places where with the fall of night Police don’t even dare enter.”

He said in an intense shootout Sunday night more than 300 rounds were fired. “This seemed a Vietnam.”

The prelate said people are so scared that church meetings must end at 8 at night because the people are afraid to walk the streets at that hour. “Drug trafficking has the control of Sosúa and this isn’t within the reach of Police”.

He said those linked to drugs “don’t care if they cut anyone’s throat. What’s need is for the authorities to put their pants on.”

Source: elnacional.com.do

The hard fact is....the drug importers OWN HAITI and they are now moving to the DR (U.S. DEA fact). The government of the DR has no loyalty amongst it's troops because they don't get paid...they are cheap to buy off....I saw the same thing in Colombia in the early 80's and now the place is......well, we know the risks we take.

Kingston is not the safest place in the Caribbean, but then again, "back in the day"....neither was Norman's, Chubb or Staniel Cays or Long Island in the Bahamas....Bimini today, while it boasts some new "rich mo fo" development, has a very seedy underlying tone at night...South Bimini WAS the place! (ha ha ha)

For those that have lived it, the shit in the DR is nothing new...keep your nose clean, stay out of the way and mind you're own business...for those "city boys" who think the hood was/is dangerous....consider your trips to the DR an "E-ticket ride"....you ain't seen shit yet!

If you remember MIAMI in the 80's was a drug (cocaine) smuggler's town...SCARFACE and MIAMI VICE was a daily deal.....travel smart, stay safe.

greydread
05-29-2008, 11:58 AM
Our own on site, not so undercover operatives have just illustrated a phenomenon which plagues not only the D.R. but many other former drug routes, especially Mexico, Colombia, Panama, Jamaica and most of Central America. The U.S. has sold it's drug interdiction effort so successfully in Latin America that those drugs have bottlenecked in their former way stations. This was huge in Mexico and Panama back in 2000.

Frustrated by their inability to move their product using established pipelines, the drug cartels were faced to create local markets where the shipments ended. They gave, then sold drugs to school kids with total disregard for anything but minimizing their losses. This exacerbated the already extreme problems of poverty, lawlessness and hopelessness in parts of the country which had formerly enjoyed profits from that very same drug trade.

Mark my word. Oaxaca and the Yucatan states will secede as the government repression is overwhelmed by people who won't take it any more. Zapatecs were growing Marijuana which was being shipped out of the jungles by the government on Hueys, twice daily. I was at a bank in Mitla and saw a very tiny Zapotec elder with one tooth in his mouth who spoke no Spanish deposit more $100 bills than he could hold in one hand with his 7 year old granddaughter acting as interpreter. Now that's stopped and the natives are once again restless. The repercussions of change in Mexico will be felt throughout Latin America.

I hate to bring up old issues again but the reason for Hugo Chavez' message resonating so clearly across the Latin American landscape is that the historically despotic governments of these countries will never pursue true democratic principles and allow proper proportional represenation to replace their "rich get richer" version of governance. I just hope that we can collectively, politically wake up in time to lead a dialogue and avert the developing head on collision of cultures. One World, gentlemen.

Anyone wondering why the Maya Calendar counts down to the end of time as we know it (21 Decmber 2012) and all that befell it's civilization was foretold, yet happened anyway?

http://www.azteccalendar.com/downloads.html

El Capitan
05-29-2008, 02:50 PM
1) Our own on site, not so undercover operatives have just illustrated a phenomenon which plagues not only the D.R. but many other former drug routes,

2) Anyone wondering why the Maya Calendar counts down to the end of time as we know it (21 Decmber 2012) and all that befell it's civilization was foretold, yet happened anyway?

http://www.azteccalendar.com/downloads.html

Item 1) Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

Item 2) Yep I'm with ya here....which is why it's time to start the party!

jensenspecial
05-29-2008, 10:53 PM
its out in the open now in the tourist area...the goverment will get this under control atleast im thinking???

dominican billy, Mr. Happy? any thoughts? since you guys live around this.\

thank God , all this action around the drug war that is happening in Sosua takes place in areas where tourist do not go anymore..in Charamicos, close to the barrio La Piedra. It happend Sunday night and the imediate response was that Drug enforcement agents from Santo Domingo and Santiago were moved in last night big time and were making massive, brutal arrests all day and all night all over Sosua. By now I guess it is very quiet and calm in the barrios coz they shipped all the "tigueres" to jail for the moment.
The important thing is that El Batey , the main tourist area here in Sosua has not been affected by the drug war, it is just about territory in the barrios.

MrHappy
05-30-2008, 05:33 AM
\

thank God , all this action around the drug war that is happening in Sosua takes place in areas where tourist do not go anymore..in Charamicos, close to the barrio La Piedra. It happend Sunday night and the imediate response was that Drug enforcement agents from Santo Domingo and Santiago were moved in last night big time and were making massive, brutal arrests all day and all night all over Sosua. By now I guess it is very quiet and calm in the barrios coz they shipped all the "tigueres" to jail for the moment.
The important thing is that El Batey , the main tourist area here in Sosua has not been affected by the drug war, it is just about territory in the barrios.

Heh heh, go back and read post # 8 (mine)

Beads
05-30-2008, 11:22 AM
From what people have posted here and on DR1 some of the gunfight started on Pedro Clisante and moved into Charamicos with a body being dumped in Monte Llano.

Theres a lot of people looking for the easy money in the DR. Selling drugs is one way they can make it.

I've also noticed quite a few of the chicas who hang out in the discos have coke habits also.

I'm sure the dealers are also frequenting Classicos, Latinos etc at night. Even street level and mid level dealers bring the potential for problems.

I'm sure none of us want to be around stray bullets over some turf war in Merengue Bar or Sosua Life.

jensenspecial
05-30-2008, 06:17 PM
From what people have posted here and on DR1 some of the gunfight started on Pedro Clisante and moved into Charamicos with a body being dumped in Monte Llano.

Theres a lot of people looking for the easy money in the DR. Selling drugs is one way they can make it.

I've also noticed quite a few of the chicas who hang out in the discos have coke habits also.

I'm sure the dealers are also frequenting Classicos, Latinos etc at night. Even street level and mid level dealers bring the potential for problems.

I'm sure none of us want to be around stray bullets over some turf war in Merengue Bar or Sosua Life.

there has not been any shoot-out action in El Batey only in Charamicos, and that has been going on for 2 years...let us stick to the truth....

WickedWillie
05-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Last night there was a major crackdown in the barrios in Cabarete.
Many busted, I know 1 girl (recreational coke user) had her entire family arrested including, mother, father and grandmother as of 5pm today they are all still in jail.
Should be an interesting weekend.

Beads
05-30-2008, 06:44 PM
The information is posted on DR1 and El Batey was included...

http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coast/75684-sosua-shoot-out-firecrackers.html

Supposedly there were shots fired in El Batey as well at the beginning of the first incident.

"Last night there were some heavy fire works around Cheramigos, or at least it
sounded like it.
This morning our guard told me that it was a fire fight that started in El Batey,
went to Cheramigos and on to Montellano. Tonight he stated that 2 people
were killed in Cheramigos and one in Montellano.
Does any body have any information on this? If it was a fire fight, there must
have been many people envolved in it.
We are getting almost nightly shots being fired around Cheramigos but this
last night, if it was a fight, it was a war."

"I was in El Batey having dinner at La Costera when it happened,when at around 9.20 4-5 shots were heard about 30 m from the place...the restaurant owner went out to investigate min after it happened...later on I was told that it was drugs related ( la quarenta )"

"Heard it also, but I think it was more than 4-5 shots... regardless scarrrry. I am sure the police will investigate this case in a professional manner."

Tony Toca
05-31-2008, 12:49 AM
there has not been any shoot-out action in El Batey only in Charamicos, and that has been going on for 2 years...let us stick to the truth....

LAST Sunday/Monday, I saw the police picking up guys on the two streets around Europa (all young kids being tossed into the back of the truck).

Also seeing a lot of kids walking around like their gang-bangers.

Hemp
05-31-2008, 01:36 AM
hey Toca...i notice you do alot of stealth missions!!! :wink:

LAST Sunday/Monday, I saw the police picking up guys on the two streets around Europa (all young kids being tossed into the back of the truck).

eastcoastallstar
06-01-2008, 09:15 PM

They do have Dominican Bloods on Pedro Clisante.

Beads
06-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Things still seem to be a little heated up if we add Chicaseeka's incident into the mix also.

I can remember trips where I heard stories of people being killed while I was in town but not nearly as many shootouts as I am hearing about lately.

Hope the cops get things under control so it can be back to business as usual.

We all know how well the US government and police did with their war on drugs. Hopefully things get cleaned up.

BCell
06-02-2008, 07:46 PM
a chica was telling me that the Sosua cops were too corrupto and that was why these incidents were on the rise and she also said, as reported here, that they brought a new force from Santo Domingo and they're supposed to be nasty in cleaning shit up.

Corrado
06-03-2008, 05:50 PM

They are gang bangers; they recruit other kids, hold packages, and sell to gringos who know what time it is (4:20) and want to get wet without going to the beach.

Hope the cops get things under control so it can be back to business as usual.

We all know how well the US government and police did with their war on drugs. Hopefully things get cleaned up.

Drugs and killing are business as usual (for almost every country). The "explosion of drugs" on the scene is not real there always have been and always will be drugs and the people that control them (legal and illegal).

a chica was telling me that the Sosua cops were too corrupto and that was why these incidents were on the rise and she also said, as reported here, that they brought a new force from Santo Domingo and they're supposed to be nasty in cleaning shit up.

It takes a wolf to catch a wolf (if you never bread sheep dogs).

El Tiburon
06-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Sounds like the norm for 3rd world police forces...

Actually , they exist to extort locals who serve tourists as they are
generally afraid of anyone that has lighter skin than them.

Obviously, Hatians dont count!

Happy hunting!!

El Tiburon
06-03-2008, 06:28 PM
They do have Dominican Bloods on Pedro Clisante.

This is not a problem.... those kids (gang bangers)... if they dont have
the correct last names or come from the correct barrio... will simply
disappear of be the next police stated exchange of gunfire...

Happy Hunting

jd_mine
06-04-2008, 08:11 AM

Yeah, I also noticed this. Like 12 year olds dressed as gangbangers hanging around the discos at 2 am. In a few years these kids will be a lot of trouble.....

Jimmydr
06-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Yeah, I also noticed this. Like 12 year olds dressed as gangbangers hanging around the discos at 2 am. In a few years these kids will be a lot of trouble.....

Maybe, maybe not. There the cops can toss them a beating for good measure.

jd_mine
06-04-2008, 11:00 AM
One of these 12 year olds even approached me agressively, saying my sunglasses were fuckin cheapy cheapy! I told him they cost more than he would ever make in a month.........but I saw that same kid get his ass beaten by a puta the night before:-)

Beads
06-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Are these the same kids who hang out with the kids who lived across the street from the Palace? Sounds like there little group. If its them a few of them speak english. The problem is the way some of them use it is quite rude by American standards.

They like to joke around with the tourists and can be quite rude at times.

Theres a few of them that are good kids just hanging around with a bad element.

jd_mine
06-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Nah, the Palace kids I've known for 5 years, they never are any problem.

Juggles
06-04-2008, 06:29 PM
\

I happened to be in Charamico's at the time of the raids. It was a very weird and eerie experience.

The cops came out in force 60-70 all equipped in black uniforms, bulletproof jackets and REAL guns. They also had the services of 7-8 jeeps.

They stormed through the streets (in a uniform fashion) and arrested 25-30 suspected drug dealers.

I asked residents in the street, why there was such a massive showing of force, and they said that it was in response to the recent homicides, as a result of the drug trade. Also, that innocent bystanders were getting injured as a result of this drug influence.

Hemp
06-04-2008, 08:19 PM
times like these i wish Rocky (marco) was still posting on the board...he's accurate when it comes to the going on down in sosua.

Berzin
06-05-2008, 10:12 AM
And let's not forget about the GOAT in hunts point run by the police total whorehouse......

Hey Dondi, I had a blast back in the days in that joint. Love it and miss going there terribly...

El Tiburon
06-11-2008, 07:44 AM
\

peter, since you have been down there long enough to have seen this over and over again,, could ya explain what good could possibly come from this?? i just got back and was witness to most of this shit goin on...killings in the street and so on...i also heard a "head drug dealer" was killed by these so called DEA from santo domingo and dragged thru the streets of charrimico as to say "this could be you".. and as you mentioned there "jailed for the moment"..to me this is a band aid..how long before they start hiding in el batey????

Tony Badabing
06-11-2008, 02:12 PM
I happened to be in Charamico's at the time of the raids. It was a very weird and eerie experience.

The cops came out in force 60-70 all equipped in black uniforms, bulletproof jackets and REAL guns. They also had the services of 7-8 jeeps.

They stormed through the streets (in a uniform fashion) and arrested 25-30 suspected drug dealers.

I asked residents in the street, why there was such a massive showing of force, and they said that it was in response to the recent homicides, as a result of the drug trade. Also, that innocent bystanders were getting injured as a result of this drug influence.

Cop using real gun's no way...............:confused: had to fuck with you on that one j...........lol

Tony Badabing
06-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Hey Dondi, I had a blast back in the days in that joint. Love it and miss going there terribly...

Who wouldn't miss that 100 girl's walking around butt ass naked 5 dollar lap dances 20 dollar cbj and 40 to 50 to fuck depending on your game.... Yes i still dream about that place when I sleep sometime's.....http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/images/posticons/thumbup.gif

yayow
06-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Well whatever the case they are trying to clean things up, it may just be a temporary bandaid but almost all of the police in Sosua Puerta Plata and Cabarete have been replaced under the corruption allegations. Which means they are being watched and for a while things will calm down. The guy in charge of the National Police changed all of the police in Sosua. His ass is officially on the line, and he is being watched and he knows it. Their stated priority is to make sure that peace is restored to the tourist area. In other words dead bodies and random gunshots ain't good for business. They realize if it continues tourism slows down and so does that tourist dollar, which still is important to them. In the meantime keep your head down.

3somefan
06-12-2008, 05:04 AM
Well whatever the case they are trying to clean things up, it may just be a temporary bandaid but almost all of the police in Sosua Puerta Plata and Cabarete have been replaced under the corruption allegations. Which means they are being watched and for a while things will calm down. The guy in charge of the National Police changed all of the police in Sosua. His ass is officially on the line, and he is being watched and he knows it. Their stated priority is to make sure that peace is restored to the tourist area. In other words dead bodies and random gunshots ain't good for business. They realize if it continues tourism slows down and so does that tourist dollar, which still is important to them. In the meantime keep your head down.

Thanks for the update and good seeing you again buddy!!

Maybe next time we can head over to Santiago and check out that place you were telling me about! :)