PDA

View Full Version : DNA tests in DR

nomad
09-23-2004, 10:38 AM
Does anyone know if you can get a dna test down in the DR to see if a child is yours or not?If there is how, much is it and where is it?Thank you

Jimmydr
09-23-2004, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know if you can get a dna test down in the DR to see if a child is yours or not?If there is how, much is it and where is it?Thank you

Go to US Consulate in Santo Domingo. I think you need to pay $600. In 10 days if its yours, it gets a US Passport.

nomad
09-23-2004, 10:45 AM
Really,the us consalute will have dna testing there?That is $600 us I assume Correct?

Jimmydr
09-23-2004, 10:52 AM
Really,the us consalute will have dna testing there?That is $600 us I assume Correct?

They send it out to Texas and get the results in 10 days.

WSJ3
09-23-2004, 11:07 AM

So you get to sweat it out for 10 dias.

Hopefully the girl is legal or you will feel the wrath of the taco.

gdogg
09-24-2004, 08:20 AM

You sound like you've been through this, Jimmy. How many JimmyDRJR's are there down there, huh?

Jimmydr
09-24-2004, 08:22 AM

You sound like you've been through this, Jimmy. How many JimmyDRJR's are there down there, huh?

I have no kids back there but know a few that went thru this. This is important if you do have a baby and want to get it a passport. (If it really is yours)

WSJ3
09-24-2004, 10:07 AM

I have no kids back there but know a few that went thru this. This is important if you do have a baby and want to get it a passport. (If it really is yours)

That way if you want to take responsibility for the child he/she can travel to the USA and not have to live in a 3rd world country.

Oh I forgot to mention you will probably have to bring the mother as well.

Malibook
09-26-2004, 09:39 PM
if the kid is yours, can u bring the mother and the kid back together?

WSJ3
09-26-2004, 09:51 PM
if the kid is yours, can u bring the mother and the kid back together?

No it is not that easy...especially living in a post Sept 11 society.

But if it is TRUE LOVE, you can file the paperwork and in about 1-2 years you can bring them to the states.

But believe me the state department is going to make you jump thru hoops.

BigTrick
09-27-2004, 03:55 PM
You don't need a DNA test to claim a kid and yours in the DR. Just take an oath or something. And since the father is a US citizen the kid will be considered a US citizen and well as a Dominican citizen. And will be able to get US passport. They kid can travel to the US but not the mother. I have a link to the Dominican Embassy that explains the procedure. I will post later.

I would use www.genetree.com. Swap you and the baby mouth. and mail it off. Get the results in the mail and leave the government out of the testing

BrooklynBeas
09-27-2004, 04:03 PM
Or you can go to Dr. Salazar in DR and for the right price he will tell you the baby is yours or its not yours... whichever you would like to hear.... On a serious note ... the baby wioll be able to come back if it is your but not the mother without the paperwork... if she come back on a fiance visa you have 90 days to marry the chica or else she has to go back or she will be here illegally... it can take less then a year or 2 if everything is done right and even faster ... and more money of course if you have a good lawyer... good luck