PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY MASSIVE ARRESTS AMONG HOOKERS

jensenspecial
06-11-2008, 11:00 PM
SOSUA, Puerto Plata.- La Dirección de la Policía Turística (POLITUR) apresó en este municipio a unas 30 mujeres acusadas de ejercer la prostitución y asediar a turistas extranjeros. El operativo fue dirigido por el capitán de la Policía Nacional Pedro Clara de la Cruz, quien expresó que muchas de las detenidas se dedicaban a despojar de sus pertenencias a turistas extranjeros.

Asimismo, se conoció que entre las mujeres detenidas hay de nacionalidad haitiana, pero que la mayoría procede de distintos pueblos de República Dominicana.

Mientras que el oficial de POLITUR expresó que todas las mujeres detenidas fueron enviadas a la inspectoría de Puerto Plata, de donde fueron sometidas a la fiscalía de ese Distrito Judicial.

Los operativos de apresamiento responden a las persistentes quejas y denuncias de los empresarios hoteleros de Sosúa y Puerto Plata, así como de los propios turistas, de que eran objetos de despojos de pertenencias a los visitantes extranjeros.

Según las denuncias, algunas de las mujeres detenidas invitaban a los turistas a sostener relaciones sexuales, pero colocaban sustancias narcóticas que provocaban el sueño a los extranjeros, situación que alegadamente aprovechan para despojarlos de carteras, cámaras, prendas preciosas y otros artículos.

This article is about an massive arrest in the streets of Sosua of about 30 street rats who live of stealing from tourists. Those are the girls that offer you cheap service and wanna go home to the hotel with you only with the intention to steal from you as soon as you fall asleep. Hotel and business owners had been complaining about those girls for a long time, it was obvious that these girls worked together with the police, because despite all the complaints they were never arrested. Looks like that those times are over for now...

cainer
06-12-2008, 01:17 AM
That is a start to restoring some confindence back into the tourists, and that the law does care about us. Thanks for the info pete.

weyland
06-12-2008, 05:20 AM
I can see why Peter would take that line. While I mainly agree with him and Cainer, how would police from out of the area know which were the guilty chicas? There must have been quite a few "innocent" ones caught in the same net, especially if they looked Haitian, and I have to feel sorry for them.

El Tiburon
06-12-2008, 06:46 AM
This article is about an massive arrest in the streets of Sosua of about 30 street rats who live of stealing from tourists. Those are the girls that offer you cheap service and wanna go home to the hotel with you only with the intention to steal from you as soon as you fall asleep. Hotel and business owners had been complaining about those girls for a long time, it was obvious that these girls worked together with the police, because despite all the complaints they were never arrested. Looks like that those times are over for now...[/QUOTE]

not sure what to say about this... yes,, since about october of last year ive noticed it first hand that these street rats have been robbing way more than in the past, in the hotel i stay at, ive heard of almost 2 a week on average,and it has gotten worse over the past 6 mo or so.. but we all know these girls will be out in a few hours..... and even hungry-ier...my guess is it only get worse!! this should be a topic that should be spoken about more on a site like this to keep all memebers aware of who these girls are...

El Capitan
06-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Don't rats get the "treatment" from the Orkin man or Terminex?

When I read the headline to Jensen's post, I wondered if they'd left any women on the streets....I thought they were all hookers in So-sewer!

Magnum
06-12-2008, 07:39 AM
Yes it is a good thing they are rounding them up but I think that this too shall pass. The same thing happened in either '04 or '05 when at night they were picking up EVERY chica who was walking the streets unaccompanied. This is - as it was then - probably is just a show of force for a short time and unfortunately things will return to as they were.

Just be smart with who you are dealing with and stay away for the street riff raff. There are are plenty of place besides Clisante to find one.

weyland
06-12-2008, 08:33 AM
This is - as it was then - probably is just a show of force for a short time and unfortunately things will return to as they were.

Unusual to make a major effort after the election?

yayow
06-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Yes it is unusual to make a major effort after election, but with a new police administration these things will go on for awhile. And since the new police don't really know all the players some that legitimately doing the right thing will get caught up in the net, but they all should know that's the price of doing business. I'm am sure while this is going on they will be using more motos and less likely to risk walking alone.

Jimmydr
06-12-2008, 10:45 AM
But I thought the chica network ran Sosua, I guess not really.

Magnum
06-12-2008, 10:59 AM
But I thought the chica network ran Sosua, I guess not really.

Before you became Jimmy Medellin....you used to think you ran that town!

The corruption....the arrests.....the stray bullets.....the early closing times.....the extra small condoms being sold country wide.....are all as a result of you!

jd_mine
06-13-2008, 06:41 AM
Yes it is a good thing they are rounding them up but I think that this too shall pass. The same thing happened in either '04 or '05 when at night they were picking up EVERY chica who was walking the streets unaccompanied.

Yeah, this was in '05. They even picked my girlfriend from a moto! We had taken seperate motos from the disco to the hotel because she has her prima with her. Had to go to the police station to get 'em out.

prtyr2
06-13-2008, 10:59 AM
Good pint weyland. If the chicas were arrested for robbery that would make sense. Tourist complains, submits proof, girl gets locked up. These sweeps are hardly legal even if they may be a good thing in many cases.

The police do not know who the guilty ones are and more importantly, if we are talking about prostitution. . . .. NONE are guilty. Prostitution is not against the law in the DR.

The ironic part of this is these street rats are not doing anything illegal UNTIL they rob someone. Peter OTOH is doing something illegal but I am sure is connected enough and greasing enough palms to be ok. . . . .thankfully!
If some police general, fiscal or politician gets his balls in a bunch all bets are off though.

The MPS in SDQ operated for many. many years with very little hassle as long as the proper people were paid. Then some newspaper did an article a fiscal got a bug up her ass. . .. .and they were all closed almost over night.

Many owners spent time in jail and they all had to pay decent sized fines etc.

Funny thing is a rumor said that someone working for the fiscal used to give massages at Mona Lisa! Not sure if tru but would be ironic.

I don't care about taking the street rats off the street as I stay away from them, in fact the only time I have "mongered" in sosua was at Passions.

There was a guy on DR1 years ago that was at a street party with some piliticos. When he went back to his car his window was smashed and his stereo gone. Because he was with connected people, within minutes there was a sweep in the local barrios and cops beat the crap out of "known criminals" trying to find the culprits. . . . . .scary shit. I am all for punsihing people for what they have actually done not just broad sweeps with no real focus. . . .

I can see why Peter would take that line. While I mainly agree with him and Cainer, how would police from out of the area know which were the guilty chicas? There must have been quite a few "innocent" ones caught in the same net, especially if they looked Haitian, and I have to feel sorry for them.

blacksultan
06-14-2008, 03:47 PM
The hoes got arrested. That will not stop one muthafucka here from spending money on airline tickets to spend some more money on some pussy. Fuck a sweep. Hoes still have to eat.

psriches
06-14-2008, 03:59 PM
The hoes got arrested. That will not stop one muthafucka here from spending money on airline tickets to spend some more money on some pussy. Fuck a sweep. Hoes still have to eat.He's Baaaaack!!!!!!!!:eek:

blacksultan
06-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Naw muthafucka, I am about to go back underground.

Cuba Libre
06-15-2008, 02:37 PM
I can see why Peter would take that line. While I mainly agree with him and Cainer, how would police from out of the area know which were the guilty chicas? There must have been quite a few "innocent" ones caught in the same net, especially if they looked Haitian, and I have to feel sorry for them.With sweeps like this, it is difficult not to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

gmalet
06-16-2008, 04:48 PM
This came from Dominican Today

SOSUA, Dominican Republic. - The Tourism Police (POLITUR) arrested 30 women accused of prostitution and of harassing tourists, in a sweep headed by the captain Pedro de la Cruz, who said many of the detainees had been mugging the foreigners.

It was also reported that women of Haitian nationality are among the detainees.

The POLITUR officer said all of the women were sent to Puerto Plata’s Office of the Prosecutor, and that the arrests were ordered after persistent complaints from Sosúa and Puerto Plata and hotels even tourists, that the foreign visitors were being mugged and harassed.

According to the complaints, some of the women invited the tourists to have sex but instead gave the foreigners drugs to put them to sleep, to steal their wallets cameras, jewelry and other items.

SOURCE: listin.com.do

Jimmydr
06-16-2008, 05:47 PM
This came from Dominican Today

SOSUA, Dominican Republic. - The Tourism Police (POLITUR) arrested 30 women accused of prostitution and of harassing tourists, in a sweep headed by the captain Pedro de la Cruz, who said many of the detainees had been mugging the foreigners.

It was also reported that women of Haitian nationality are among the detainees.

The POLITUR officer said all of the women were sent to Puerto Plata’s Office of the Prosecutor, and that the arrests were ordered after persistent complaints from Sosúa and Puerto Plata and hotels even tourists, that the foreign visitors were being mugged and harassed.

According to the complaints, some of the women invited the tourists to have sex but instead gave the foreigners drugs to put them to sleep, to steal their wallets cameras, jewelry and other items.

SOURCE: listin.com.do

I guess the putas are there to serve us afterall.