PDA

View Full Version : More economic news from Cuba...

Gladiator
06-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Now salaries are going to start to be based on performance.

http://www.elpais.com/videos/internacional/Cuba/elimina/igualdad/salarial/elpvidint/20080612elpepuint_2/Ves/

PapiQueRico
06-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Now salaries are going to start to be based on performance.

http://www.elpais.com/videos/internacional/Cuba/elimina/igualdad/salarial/elpvidint/20080612elpepuint_2/Ves/

I thought they already were. That's why jineteras always made more than lawyers! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kevy
06-12-2008, 06:46 PM
It is sad there that Raul talks about all these changes and making things better for people. Allowing Cell phones, Computersa nd DVD palyers. But on the other hand the crack down Is worse than it was a year ago. The cops always hassling girls and asking them for ID. :confused:

PapiQueRico
06-12-2008, 06:52 PM
It is sad there that Raul talks about all these changes and making things better for people. Allowing Cell phones, Computersa nd DVD palyers. But on the other hand the crack down Is worse than it was a year ago. The cops always hassling girls and asking them for ID. :confused:

My ex was there in January. First time in over fie years. She said that the situation reminded her of the special period. Of course she was in her teens back then so her memory might not be so clear.

Kevy
06-12-2008, 06:56 PM
I don't know about that, the people seem to have about the same as they did a year ago, but there were a lot more police out. A year ago in Santiago there were chicas everywhere, when I would go out for a walk at night I would have my pick anywhere. this year there were hardly any around and I saw the police arrest a few just for being in the park without ID.

PapiQueRico
06-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Have you tried going real small town? I wonder if the police would be as "on it" in the pueblitos.

Gladiator
06-12-2008, 07:55 PM
Let's see if Raul announces one of these days a free market economy for jineteras too, so the police stop hassle them.

Kevy
06-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Have you tried going real small town? I wonder if the police would be as "on it" in the pueblitos.

Actually las Tunas probably had the fewest police wandering around of all them.

Hunter
06-12-2008, 08:10 PM
I don't know about that, the people seem to have about the same as they did a year ago, but there were a lot more police out. A year ago in Santiago there were chicas everywhere, when I would go out for a walk at night I would have my pick anywhere. this year there were hardly any around and I saw the police arrest a few just for being in the park without ID.

Didn't hear anything on your trip... sounds like it was a tough one. LOS will make up for it....

Kevy
06-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Didn't hear anything on your trip... sounds like it was a tough one. LOS will make up for it....
There wasn't much to tell. i got some cigars and watched chicas get arrested. That's about it.:mad: LOS is calling:)

PapiQueRico
06-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Actually las Tunas probably had the fewest police wandering around of all them.

Even though LT is small compared to Holquin or Santiago it's still the provincial capital. Try the real little places like Jobabo (about 30 or 40 homes) or Puerto Padre (Where across the inlet there is a real nice "Cuban" beach.

You pull up in these places with those tourist plates on the rental car and all you hear is pssst, pssst, pssst. Chicas just seem to appear from nowhere! :)

Gladiator
06-13-2008, 06:34 PM
There wasn't much to tell. i got some cigars and watched chicas get arrested. That's about it.:mad: LOS is calling:)

But was it still possible to get some action in Santiago?

I've wanted to hit this city since a few years ago.

I've only visited Havana so far, a good playground IMO, with the highest density of swallowers I've ever seen. They also excelled as cowgirls, as we all know...

Kevy
06-13-2008, 10:04 PM
But was it still possible to get some action in Santiago?

I've wanted to hit this city since a few years ago.

I've only visited Havana so far, a good playground IMO, with the highest density of swallowers I've ever seen. They also excelled as cowgirls, as we all know...
During the day there were a few aound. I got one, but it was quick in an illegal casa. At night the place seemed deserted.Last year I stayed at LAs Americas Hotel and had to walk everywhere and I think that helped. This year I stayed at Hotel Granda right byeside Parque Cepedes, So I didn't get out enough to check things out. This trip I didn't really feel like using the illegal casas with all the hassle, so i really took easy the whole trip.

Downtown
06-14-2008, 09:27 AM
During the day there were a few aound. I got one, but it was quick in an illegal casa. At night the place seemed deserted.Last year I stayed at LAs Americas Hotel and had to walk everywhere and I think that helped. This year I stayed at Hotel Granda right byeside Parque Cepedes, So I didn't get out enough to check things out. This trip I didn't really feel like using the illegal casas with all the hassle, so i really took easy the whole trip.

Just a question Kevy: Why would you bother with illegal casas when it has been legal for Cubans to stay in hotels since at least April 1st?

Ingus_Khan
06-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Sounds about as bad as looking for action in the States. Five 0 cracking down hard on a bitch trying to use the only marketable, renewable commodity she has. SOBs.:mad:

Kevy
06-14-2008, 09:50 AM
Just a question Kevy: Why would you bother with illegal casas when it has been legal for Cubans to stay in hotels since at least April 1st?

It is legal for them to stay in any casa, but they have to sign in:rofl: . Three times with 3 different guys and off to jail you go. The only changes at the hotels are the Interent was pulled out of many. Nothing has changed, Cubans can stay at hotels they cannot afford and you would have to get her a seperate room and sneak around. Sounds like fun.

Hunter
06-14-2008, 10:15 AM
I have your thread title: "Blue Balls in Cuba starring Kevy" :D

PapiQueRico
06-14-2008, 10:38 AM
It is legal for them to stay in any casa, but they have to sign in:rofl: . Three times with 3 different guys and off to jail you go. The only changes at the hotels are the Interent was pulled out of many. Nothing has changed, Cubans can stay at hotels they cannot afford and you would have to get her a seperate room and sneak around. Sounds like fun.

What a different world form 1998-99. Casas were pretty much fair game. The owners were supposed to write down the girls ID but in almost every case they would just leave the carnet in the book and act like they were about to write it in if an inspector showed up.

It was so easy to pick up not-a-putas that most of the girls I spent time with didn't mind being written in the book. They hadn't been around and weren't worried.

In La Habana the cops would sometimes ask a chica for ID but as long as she was local, or had a good reason to be in the city it was no problem. They never bothered girls if they were with a tourist. Whenever a girl felt uncomfortable because cops were around they would grab your arm and hold tight.

MrHappy
06-15-2008, 08:33 AM
What a different world form 1998-99. Casas were pretty much fair game. The owners were supposed to write down the girls ID but in almost every case they would just leave the carnet in the book and act like they were about to write it in if an inspector showed up.

It was so easy to pick up not-a-putas that most of the girls I spent time with didn't mind being written in the book. They hadn't been around and weren't worried.

In La Habana the cops would sometimes ask a chica for ID but as long as she was local, or had a good reason to be in the city it was no problem. They never bothered girls if they were with a tourist. Whenever a girl felt uncomfortable because cops were around they would grab your arm and hold tight.

Ha ha, what a different world from the EIGHTIES..... Imagine hundreds of girls on the malecon, in the city, coming out of the cracks