PDA

View Full Version : Jet Blue return flights so expensive!

hioctane
06-24-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm looking at going to POP in late August. Why are return flights to NY almost 2.5x more expensive? Going there is around 129 and coming back it's like 300+! Even if I select 1 way.. it's the same. What's up with that? :confused:

Donny Boy
06-24-2008, 09:19 PM
Its all bout timing, samething happens to me.
I would suggest tsince you are going in August, I would wait till july to book.
Prices yoyo all the time.

anyway just my 2cents

Jimmydr
06-25-2008, 07:45 AM
All the kids are coming home to return to school. They get sent there for the summer.

Hemp
06-25-2008, 08:59 AM
story: i ran into this dominican chico from santiago the other day in the chinese restaraunt he didnt speak a lick of english so i had to help him order his meal, he said he was visiting his family here for the summer :wink:

Jetblue's claim to fame used to be the "lowest fares" of all the airlines with there "more space seating" well that day has past :mad: now there just as expensive and sometimes MORE than the others!!! despite there fare hike i still like them alot though. pretty good customer service. just wish there snacks on board werent kindergarten sized :icontd:

i guess spirit air picked up where they left off, but spirit can be idiots at times, and always screwing up there flights and schedules.

All the kids are coming home to return to school. They get sent there for the summer.

yayow
06-25-2008, 12:09 PM
You're right their prices aren't as good as they used to be but at least you can fly direct to POP from JFK sometimes that is worth the extra bucks I hated flying American into Miami, they lost my luggage once and it was a real pain; and I hated the change over in Miami, checking in again and all and a hell of a long walk to your departure gate for POP. Going through San Juan wasn't as bad, but now I prefer the direct even though I am still a frequent flyer on American.

Clark Kent
06-25-2008, 02:10 PM
did you try Contential...they fly into NJ from POP and STI. ..they are flights to pop every day except mondays...i was on this flight last week and only 40 people were on the flight....they travel to sti every day

Clark Kent
06-25-2008, 02:12 PM
freakin taxes so high...its cheaper but not as much fun as other destinations....want to play got to pay....well... most of the time anyway

MegaSquirt
06-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Don't forget, starting June 1st, we all have to pay $20. for a second bag but I will manage. It is still the best way to fly nonstop from JFK. :wink: :wink:

JuanElGriego
06-25-2008, 10:19 PM
It is still the best way to fly nonstop from JFK. :wink: :wink:

$411 total for 10 days late Sept/early Oct.

Non-Stop JFK-POP.

Considering the price of oil today compared to 2-3 years ago, that's a deal in my book.