PDA

View Full Version : AVOID THIS HOTEL PLEASE READ !!!!

BWH27
07-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Ever heard of a Sosua Hotel called PARAISO DE COLON???? This hotel is a nightmare. It is fairly popular with single guys. The problem is the Owner a guy named Remo has let the place deteriorate. The hotel is run down. Bad Electric, Bad Plumbing, the water is shut off at 2 am right when you have a chica over and the water is out throughout the day. BUT THE BIGGEST PROBLEM IS ROBBERIES. I have lived in this place for about a year and my apartment was robbed on June 18 in the middle of the afternoon. My laptop and cell phone were stolen There have been numerous robberies here including 2 laptops from the same apartment within a year. A very good friend of ours and a well known bar owner had a DVD player and some jewelry stolen. Last wednesday a tenant had 2 cell phones stolen at 11 am. We have traced the source to 2 maintenance workers who make the robberies look like break and enters. In my case they removed the window panels over the front door to make it look like a crawl space. Then they just go to the reception area grab a key and walk in. Just sloppy work. And the owner told me HE DID NOT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT MY COMPUTER! Just makes you want to get on a phone and book a reservation. Right fellas? What a Shithole of a Hotel. Im out a this dump. I was patient until the break in. Of course the owner blames chicas the robbery. No way girls could have pulled this off right in front of the pool at about 2 pm. The employee who stole the phone called his brother 21 times using my phone. AVOID THIS HOTEL! I think the maids tip these guys off when they see goodies. Just Stay Away. There are plenty of great hotels in Sosua.

MegaSquirt
07-13-2008, 09:43 AM
I was there for 10 days last year and never had a problem. There was an issue with the water one time and told the lady at the front desk and that was taken care of immediately. I did spend two days out of town before coming back to Sosua and all my things were still there. If I go out and come back late at night, they have a guard there and he will open the gate for you. I do love the location because I can walk to Classico and other places nearby. You gotta love the pool that they have, it's so big that you can see it on GE. Other than that, those people have been very nice to me. I don't know who is Remo, he must be a new manager. This place is fairly big and there are people living there as well.

eastcoastallstar
07-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Sorry to hear that happen BW, Had an apt there for 4 days, it was cool, but didn't feel very secure there. I had the room in the Front with the balcony overlooking DR Rosen, excellent location, but no fan, no a/c. Better off at the New Garden or
Casa Valeria right across the street.

snoozer
07-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Sorry to hear that happen BW, Had an apt there for 4 days, it was cool, but didn't feel very secure there. I had the room in the Front with the balcony overlooking DR Rosen, excellent location, but no fan, no a/c. Better off at the New Garden or
Casa Valeria right across the street.

I think you are confusing Paraiso de Colon with El Paraiso. The latter is across the street from New Garden, recently bought by some Russians. The other place, Paraiso de Colon is located across the highway. If you take the street opposite the Europa, it will bring you close to this place. The OP was telling this story all over town a couple of weeks ago. I know several people who stay there LT and have no complaints.

eastcoastallstar
07-13-2008, 09:55 PM
I think you are confusing Paraiso de Colon with El Paraiso. The latter is across the street from New Garden, recently bought by some Russians. The other place, Paraiso de Colon is located across the highway. If you take the street opposite the Europa, it will bring you close to this place. The OP was telling this story all over town a couple of weeks ago. I know several people who stay there LT and have no complaints.

Yep, could be right, name was El Paraiso.