PDA

View Full Version : Naive newcomer question re hotels

jogos
07-15-2008, 03:18 AM
I've looked through several posts and lists. It seems that really nice hotels/resorts and hotels/resorts that are chica-friendly are mutually exclusive. Am I correct? Friend and I are going to DR for first time at end of July. I've already had amazing chica experiences in Brazil and Venezuela so my standards are unfortunately kind of high. Any suggestions for a nice hotel/resort (or luxury condo) that's chica friendly? Also, any updates on hygiene/disease issues with the chicas? In Brazil, girls at most clubs are required to get monthly, if not weekly, medical certifications before they can work at the club. Last I heard it's a quarterly thing in DR. True? Kind of hoping to not bring back the kind of souvenir that keeps on giving...

I read that Sosua area is great for active sports. One--and only one--web site also said that class 4 whitewater rafting is nearby. Has anyone rafted in the area? What about cascading? tks

MrHappy
07-15-2008, 05:33 AM
You haven't read enough.

In a nutshell, no AI's will let you bring in girls, so you need to go with the "luxury condos"

Rafting is not nearby. It's near Constanza and Jarabacoa, in the central mountain range.

You may want to try Kiteboarding in Cabarete.

Jimmydr
07-15-2008, 07:54 AM
You haven't read enough.

In a nutshell, no AI's will let you bring in girls, so you need to go with the "luxury condos"

Rafting is not nearby. It's near Constanza and Jarabacoa, in the central mountain range.

You may want to try Kiteboarding in Cabarete.

And its worth the 2 hour ride to get there.

yayow
07-15-2008, 09:46 AM
Plenty of hotels that are chica friendly read some of the posts under the hotels section listed in the Sosua section.

When I first travelled down I always liked Casa Linda, which are villas a lot of privacy with your own pool and all the comforts of home; maid included everyday except Sunday, leave a small tip at end of trip. ( need a rental as it is a little way from town). Or they have a sister complex that is new called Hispaniola real close to town but same thing, sharing it with a buddy makes it very reasonable no rental really needed although when vacationing I always suggest rental because of flexibility in seeing other things. I used to do it by myself (rent the whole 2 room villa) and still felt it was reasonable because I like the comforts of home when I travel. Not big on not having what I want; when vacationing. I don't have their websites but either someone can give you the link or you can google and call to set up your stay.

Hemp
07-15-2008, 09:51 AM
there awesome!!!

http://www.hispaniolarealestate.com/

Plenty of hotels that are chica friendly read some of the posts under the hotels section listed in the Sosua section.

When I first travelled down I always liked Casa Linda, which are villas a lot of privacy with your own pool and all the comforts of home; maid included everyday except Sunday, leave a small tip at end of trip. ( need a rental as it is a little way from town). Or they have a sister complex that is new called Hispaniola real close to town but same thing, sharing it with a buddy makes it very reasonable no rental really needed although when vacationing I always suggest rental because of flexibility in seeing other things. I used to do it by myself (rent the whole 2 room villa) and still felt it was reasonable because I like the comforts of home when I travel. Not big on not having what I want; when vacationing. I don't have their websites but either someone can give you the link or you can google and call to set up your stay.

WSJ3_Sith_Lord
07-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Just be careful and don't lose focus.

If you are going to be in Casa Linda or a private condo remember (REGULAR PEOPLE LIVE HERE)

Try and monger in moderation. Don't have 20 hoes running around NAKED in the hallway.

I am not saying you would ever do this but you need the disclaimer. Just think about it...

It only takes ONE person to mess it up for everyone. If the owners say no more renting to GRINGOS then we all suffer and end up back at the rat trap hotels to fuck them delicious chicas.

ErikS
07-16-2008, 08:19 AM
And its worth the 2 hour ride to get there.

Just to clarify distances.

Kiteboarding and windsurfing are available in Cabarete, which is about a 10 minute drive from Sosua. There is also some decent horseback riding available.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ErikS_/June2008/River/DomRep79.jpg

For WW rafting, hang gliding, canyoning, rock climbing, etc. you need to head to Jarabacoa, which is about a 2 hour drive from Sosua.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a50/ErikS_/June2008/River/IMGP2240.jpg

Jimmydr
07-16-2008, 08:36 AM
Its best to go with 1-2 other couples to maximize your fun (And get them to do all the work in the raft).

jogos
07-17-2008, 01:16 AM
Thanks all. Right now it's just me and one friend, but two more might come along. So, luxury condos it is. Has anyone ever stayed at Casa Colinal Beach and Spa...with Chicas in tow? We're not loud, we're pretty refined, and we won't be having an orgy--more like max 2:1 ratio of chicas to us. basically we want one of these villages close to both beach and town, 4 stars or better. Prefer to eat out or cook. I'm hoping against hope that the chicas we meet are a little on the classy side so that we can bring them back to a nice place without getting strange looks. Saw a few posts re diseases. Any addit tips above and beyond common sense re what to avoid in a chica. Yeah, we'll also be paying the extra fee for in-room safe.

As for R&R, plan is windsurfing, trying kitesurfing, and DEFINITELY rafting and scuba. and hopefully cascading. Some of you have said to get a rental car. Rental cars in other places are kind of a pain re crappy roads, lack of signs (or maps), highway robberies, etc. how is the DR? If I were to rent a car there to drive to where the rafting/cascading are, is it do-able to go there, raft and get back in a day?

Thanks again for all the help. Putting in about 14 hours a day at work and havent had time to study this as much as I'd like for a trip starting in two weeks.

bentwire
07-17-2008, 08:32 PM
this place isnt kind to gental souls,, i hope you got your game tight

MrHappy
07-19-2008, 06:29 AM
Ha ha, it sounds like you're having a hard time getting away from the 14 hrs. a day mentality, with all that trying to cram everything you can into your vacation.

I've never done the rafting, but you could rent a car and drive down there and back, but I think you would really be pulling a long day to do it. Maybe if you were to spend the night in Jarabacoa, then raft early the next day.

But, IMHO dude, it's a vacation!

You know, hang out at the pool with a few chicks, toss down copious quantities of cold ones, go to your room to play a little, repeat.

Over and over.

Each time with a different chick.

Get the relax vibe going...unwind.

Jay_t
07-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Ha ha, it sounds like you're having a hard time getting away from the 14 hrs. a day mentality, with all that trying to cram everything you can into your vacation.

I've never done the rafting, but you could rent a car and drive down there and back, but I think you would really be pulling a long day to do it. Maybe if you were to spend the night in Jarabacoa, then raft early the next day.

You know, hang out at the pool with a few chicks, toss down copious quantities of cold ones, go to your room to play a little, repeat.

Over and over.

I'll have 7 days of pool , beer and chica's nothing more necessary.

eastcoastallstar
07-20-2008, 12:51 AM
You just described my last 5 vacations.
Your my type of guy MrHappy.

Over and over.