PDA

View Full Version : AAdvantage specials:

rbc100
05-04-2006, 08:09 PM
A couple of deals of interest on AAdvantage miles. 25 year aniverasry of program has specials that may help DR travelers. 25000 bonus miles for appying for AAdvantage business or platimum credit card and charging $250.

Outher deal is 25 % discount on Caribean travel late August til early November. Works out to 18750 miles from anywhere in US after Sept. 15 or 22500 before. 22 more days of special to come.rbc100

Don Tomas
05-04-2006, 08:46 PM
RBC How is San Jose or even Liberia?
Note: I go for non-pros or what I call opportunistic girls, don't like the hard look.

I went to AA to check the specials you posted.
ORD - San Jose = $415
OR
ORD - many cities in Colombia = $444

rbc100
05-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Don, Mainly posting in response to Caribean bonus mile discounts on AAdvantage travel to Caribean including DR and 25000 bonus miles offered on new credit card. As far as the sale AA has right now no great bargian to CR but Colombia and Peru is a good deal. Nonpros in Costa Rica generally take some work due to lots of American influence but I know Peru and would guess Colombia is a different story. I have only been to Peru but Colombai is coming up soon.rbc100

Don Tomas
05-04-2006, 10:02 PM
What about Liberia, CR? Would there be less Americans there?

PS. From Chicago $415 is a great bargin!

rbc100
05-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Don, Really there may be as many american tourists there as the Northwest Coast of CR is a major tourist destination with lots of resorts on coast. Also little hobbying opportunuites on Northwest Coast or Liberia. Also, think you may be disapointed with beaches on NW coast of CR compared to Caribean beaches of DR.Just my comparsion of the two I would choose DR for a beach trip.rbc100

Don Tomas
05-04-2006, 10:30 PM
Also, think you may be disapointed with beaches on NW coast of CR compared to Caribean beaches of DR.Just my comparsion of the two I would choose DR for a beach trip.rbc100

Haha I avoid the tourist infested north coast campo like the plague. Most of my trips the only beach I see is from 10,000+ feet flying overhead!

Santiago is mi ciudad!

PS. Yes Puerto Plata & Sosua are considered the campo by Santiagueras.
PPS. Besides I couldn't tan to save my life!

rbc100
05-04-2006, 10:53 PM
You would be far better off to go to San Jose if not a beach guy as that is where most of the people and good looking women are. If you have a good game and you are a younger guy with dedcent Spainish you may have some luck and there are large variety of women from several countries like DR ,CR, Colombia ,Panama and Nicuragua and outhers and lots of pay for play options to fall back on.rbc100

gdogg
05-04-2006, 10:58 PM
A couple of deals of interest on AAdvantage miles. 25 year aniverasry of program has specials that may help DR travelers. 25000 bonus miles for appying for AAdvantage business or platimum credit card and charging $250.

Outher deal is 25 % discount on Caribean travel late August til early November. Works out to 18750 miles from anywhere in US after Sept. 15 or 22500 before. 22 more days of special to come.rbc100

Are there any specials for existing members?

rbc100
05-04-2006, 11:04 PM
I have two business cards under different names and a perosnal card and got bonus miles on all of them so you can have more than one account if you are creative.rbc100

psriches
05-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Are there any specials for existing members?I just applied for a 2nd account.

gdogg
05-04-2006, 11:20 PM
Hmmm, now there's a thought. Thanks, ps!

Elvis
05-05-2006, 02:53 AM
When considering to apply for a Citi Aadvantage credit card, make sure you apply for the Platinum card. They have a reduced mileage awards every quarter, and although DR is never listed, but the best part is for guys who want to travel to Lima/Cali/Managua and other places for a reduced mileage rate. These are the places where it costs a lot to fly !

http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/cardserv/worldcard/globe.jsp

Elvis
05-05-2006, 02:56 AM
Here's the details about AA's 25th year anniversary

http://www.aadvantage25.com/home.php

Elvis
05-05-2006, 02:58 AM
I have two business cards under different names and a perosnal card and got bonus miles on all of them so you can have more than one account if you are creative.rbc100

I have two accounts, the Gold and Platinum under the same name and Aadvantage number. I haven't read of any restrictions (from another travel related forum) of not giving out the bonuses to one personal applying for different accounts.

rbc100
05-05-2006, 12:48 PM
I have two business accounts and one personal account.Just applies for a third buisness card on this promotion but no answer yet. The citibank mileage discounts are a great deal. I went to Peru last winter on just 22500 miles and went to DR for 17500 last fall.I May come to DR again in October on the offer out right now as one of the aniversary deals.rbc100

psriches
05-27-2006, 11:10 AM

Outher deal is 25 % discount on Caribean travel late August til early November. Works out to 18750 miles from anywhere in US after Sept. 15 or 22500 before. 22 more days of special to come.rbc100I just received my card but there's no mention in the paperwork about the $250=25000 bonus miles. Anyone else get their card??

psriches
05-29-2006, 06:02 PM
anyone??????

Elvis
05-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Here's the t&c

1) The 25,000 bonus mile offer is only valid for new Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® and
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® MasterCard® accounts applied for by June 30, 2006, and excludes any other Citi® / AAdvantage® credit cards offered. This offer will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® account 8-10 weeks after purchases totaling $250 or more post to your account. Qualifying purchases do not include balance transfers, cash advances, fees or related finance charges

Like most of their bonuses, this appears to be a promo that will be given to you automatically. If you did apply for the card online on 5/18, just wait a bit for the bonus miles to appear. When I got my cards (not for this promo) the miles posted before the statement was closed, but since this promo requires a minimum purchase to get the miles, you might have to wait the 8-10 weeks.

If this fails, that's when you call and complain - they generally are good in giving you the miles.

Elvis
05-29-2006, 07:17 PM
I have two business accounts and one personal account.Just applies for a third buisness card on this promotion but no answer yet. The citibank mileage discounts are a great deal. I went to Peru last winter on just 22500 miles and went to DR for 17500 last fall.I May come to DR again in October on the offer out right now as one of the aniversary deals.rbc100

If anyone has a Platinum card, you can take advantage of the reduced mileage awards. La Romana, Santo Domingo and Puerto Plata for 17,500 during Sept 7-30 travel. If you want to travel between July 1-Sept 6 it will be 22,500 miles.

psriches
05-29-2006, 08:48 PM
Thank you very much...... Great info..

rbc100
06-01-2006, 08:11 PM
Got my card about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Sure I have spent well over $250. Now the big decision is where do I go next. Looks like Peru and then likely Colombia maybe Cali. Also considering far East. Just call me an airmiles whore.Rbc100

Mr Bambino
06-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Hey RBC100,

Thanks for the info. Hope you remember me from WSA and the time we met at the Palace. Hope to see you there again. I have a funny picture of you and Yubi from the Hali Gali. PM me.

Mr Bambino

rbc100
06-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Hey Bambino, Defintely remeber you and Tropic Bob. Hope all is well . Not sure when I will make it back to DR, just to many places to see. By the way everyone, the credit card miles special is extended to June 30.rbc100

psriches
06-20-2006, 10:55 PM
A couple of deals of interest on AAdvantage miles. 25 year aniversary of program has specials that may help DR travelers. 25000 bonus miles for appying for AAdvantage business or platinum credit card and charging $250.I received my new platinum card but now looking back at the small print, the 25G bonus miles seems to only apply to the business card and not the platinum card. I will call customer service tomorrow and let you guys know. Not one time during the application process did they ask me what card i was applying for. I knew there was a catch!

This is the small print:

"American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® account 8-10 weeks after purchases of at least $250 post to your account. Qualifying purchases do not include balance transfers, cash advances, fees or related finance charges. This offer is only valid for new CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card accounts applied for by July 5, 2006, and excludes any other credit cards offered"

Phoenix
06-20-2006, 10:59 PM
I received my new platinum card but now looking back at the small print, the 25G bonus miles seems to only apply to the business card and not the platinum card. I will call customer service tomorrow and let you guys know. Not one time during the application process did they ask me what card i was applying for. I knew there was a catch!

This is the small print:

"American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® account 8-10 weeks after purchases of at least $250 post to your account. Qualifying purchases do not include balance transfers, cash advances, fees or related finance charges. This offer is only valid for new CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card accounts applied for by July 5, 2006, and excludes any other credit cards offered"

The big print giveth and the small print taketh away - Tom Waits

Apos
06-21-2006, 04:00 AM
The big print giveth and the small print taketh away - Tom Waitsi should have known your were a tom waits fan!

i have jusy 2 words for you "Swordfish Trombone":iconTU:

Well he came home from the war
with a party in his head
and a modified Brougham DeVille
and a pair of legs that opened up
like butterfly wings
and a mad dog that wouldn't
sit still
he went and took up with a Salvation Army
Band girl
who played dirty water
on a sworfishtrombone
he went to sleep at the bottm of
Tenkiller Lake
and he said 'gee, but it's
great to be home'

Elvis
10-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Here's an aadvantage special

If you have a citibank account, you can upgrade your current debit card to an AAdvantage earning debit card (earn 1 mile for $2 spent) for $25 and you get 5,000 miles. What a great way to pick up 5K bonus miles for cheap !

Jimmydr
10-28-2006, 01:21 PM

If you have a citibank account, you can upgrade your current debit card to an AAdvantage earning debit card (earn 1 mile for $2 spent) for $25 and you get 5,000 miles. What a great way to pick up 5K bonus miles for cheap !

Is it no fee?

psriches
10-28-2006, 06:40 PM
I received my new platinum card but now looking back at the small print, the 25G bonus miles seems to only apply to the business card and not the platinum card. I will call customer service tomorrow and let you guys know. Not one time during the application process did they ask me what card i was applying for. I knew there was a catch!

This is the small print:

"American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® account 8-10 weeks after purchases of at least $250 post to your account. Qualifying purchases do not include balance transfers, cash advances, fees or related finance charges. This offer is only valid for new CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card accounts applied for by July 5, 2006, and excludes any other credit cards offered"Apparently, there was some sort of mistake so i called and they posted my 25 k miles for a regular non-business account. So all was forgiven!

psriches
10-28-2006, 06:42 PM

If you have a citibank account, you can upgrade your current debit card to an AAdvantage earning debit card (earn 1 mile for $2 spent) for $25 and you get 5,000 miles. What a great way to pick up 5K bonus miles for cheap !Don't think there is a fee if you already have a debit card. Sounds like a good deal.

moshy2k
10-29-2006, 02:23 AM
might have to open a citbank account

BBplays
10-29-2006, 08:16 AM
here is the fine print for the Citi/AA debit card.
drawbacks other than the yearly fee:

no miles for cash out of atm,
no miles if use PIN numbers (must sign like credit)http://www.aa.com/apps/AAdvantage/ViewMileageProgramsPartnerDetail.jhtml?fileName=debitcardOffer.xml&repositoryName=AAdvantagePartnersContentRepository&repositoryId=16002683&itemDescriptor=AAdvantagePartnersContent

damn thats a big addy!

Elvis
10-29-2006, 09:20 AM
Is it no fee?

$25 to upgrade from the regular atm card to basic aadvantage earning debit card.

Elvis
10-29-2006, 09:22 AM
Don't think there is a fee if you already have a debit card. Sounds like a good deal.

I have the debit card and they still will charge the $25.

Once I get the miles, I will go back to the regular debit card. I just wanted the 5,000 miles for $25

ROVER
10-29-2006, 05:52 PM
Elvis right now I don't pay a fee for my CitiBank debit card.

I'm wondering if I upgrade like you to the AADebitCard if I can in a few moths (after copping the Bonus 5000 points) go back to the regular free card.

I don't mind paying the fee once for the 5000 points but I do not want to pay it every year thereafter. I guess I'll call them tommorrow in the day.

I just called now and in the evening or weekends you get someone on the phone from Pakistan or India that doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about.

Jimmydr
10-29-2006, 06:00 PM

I'm wondering if I upgrade like you to the AADebitCard if I can in a few moths (after copping the Bonus 5000 points) go back to the regular free card.

I don't mind paying the fee once for the 5000 points but I do not want to pay it every year thereafter. I guess I'll call them tommorrow in the day.

I just called now and in the evening or weekends you get someone on the phone from Pakistan or India that doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about.

If you have to pay then its not a good deal.

Elvis
10-29-2006, 06:27 PM

Here's the T&C (btw, log into your account, then select account servicing (it's the link next to Investments, then select Change / Upgrade your ATM / Debit Card)

2AAdvantage® bonus miles can only be used by enrollment of a Citibank / AAdvantage® Debit card through this offer. Limited one offer per account. AAdvantage® miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® program account within 2-3 checking account billing cycles after your enrollment in the Citibank / AAdvantage® Debit card program is confirmed by American Airlines.

So after 2 or 3 months, after getting the miles, you can go back to your regular debit card - it shouldn't be a problem ! I don't see why it should be an inconvenience switching back.

This is a great bonus.. If purchasing $25 with an Aadvantage credit card, you'll get 25 bonus miles. With this option, you're getting 5,000 miles, more miles towards free rewards and it doesn't affect your credit score.

BBplays
10-29-2006, 07:29 PM
Guys!,
read the link I posted (#32).
the basic card costs $25 per YEAR (keep it 10 months then cancel) earn the bonus 2000 miles, plus 1 mile for every $2 used on the card.
The premium card costs $65 per year to earn the 4000 miles but gets 2 miles for every $2 used on the card.
Also since it is a debit card (straight from checking account) it has no effect on your credit score (it is not a credit card).
It is a way to earm miles without a CREDIT card if you got less than perfect credit (like ME haha).
I also think you get charged a $3 a month fee to your checking account just to have a debit card (unless you keep a minimum balance or have a direct payroll deposit).
go carefully as those bankers hide fees around every corner (thats where they get ya),,,they aint a charity for mongers!
note you dont get miles for cash withdrawals either, that how I use my debit card most anyway!

Elvis
10-29-2006, 07:51 PM
BBPlays,

this is a much better offer !

https://web.da-us.citibank.com/cgi-bin/citifi/scripts/prod_and_service/prod_serv_detail.jsp?BS_Id=AAdvantageCard&BV_UseBVCookie=yes