PDA

View Full Version : Super Sanchez Party - 10/03/04 12:30 - Santo Domingo

Don Tomas
10-02-2004, 11:55 AM
Roll out the red carpet. The official arrival in the DR of gold-medal Olympian Felix Sanchez is expected at 12:30pm this Sunday, 3 October. He will be received by his father and a committee of sports figures including the Sports Minister Jay Payano and the president of the Dominican Olympic Committee, Luisin Mejia, as well as officials of the Dominican Track and Field Federation. Children bearing flowers and seven bands playing along George Washington Avenue (the Malecon) are part of the planned tributes. A special "Felixmobile" will be used to parade the first Dominican to garner an Olympic gold medal up and down the main streets of Santo Domingo. A total of 60 OMSA buses will be used to transport people to the parade route and Payano has called for a huge public expression of support the superstar athlete. Among the musicians expected to perform are Sergio Vargas, El Jeffrey, Kinito Mendez and many more.

Babyboy31
08-02-2005, 02:24 PM
I found another DR Rock site with Great info it is www.laviudanegra.com Don Tomas If You are from Chicago like Me Check out this site. Check out a Rock Show from time to time in THE DR if you want to. Also go to www.justmorerecords.com They also promote info for a Jazz Show in The DR besides Death Metal and Thrash Metal Shows. Check out also www.laviudanegra.com/bandas.htm Some of these bands also seem to Mix Metal With Hip Hop. Do not care for Hip Hop but PLEASE NO Daddy Yankee or Don Omar CRAP. Another DR Rock Website www.chungohorecords.com Another one here www.punkdominicano.com These Sites Are Damn Interesting. Is There Anyone else in to this? I hope this Helps everyone out More. this INFO RULES. KNOWLEDGE IS POWER FOR SURE....

Kevy
08-02-2005, 02:34 PM
I think you made your point on your music tastes on at least a dozen old threads you have dug up. If you are looking for Rock in the DR fine, but keep the rest to yourself.

BrooklynBeas
08-02-2005, 09:56 PM
where the hell is the BAN button we used to have when DT changed this board around...???