PDA

View Full Version : looking for a guide for a trip in September.

snappermelon
07-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Greetings all! I am heading to Sosua in the beginning of Sept. and it is my rookie trip. I have been reading lots of trip reports here and have thus learned some valuable info. However, I do not speak Spanish and obviously do not know the area at all. I was hoping to meet a cool guy who could show me around for the first couple days. Somebody younger (I'm 34) who would be into partying at the clubs late at night would be best and being proficient in Spanish is a must. I would of course pick up the food and drink tabs.
I'm staying at Las Terrazas where I scored a 2100 square ft ocean front condo that is off the hook! There are 2 bedrooms and killer ocean views so it would be a good place to have a laugh with a couple chicas at the end of the night.
Basically, I'm an easy going guy who just wants a knowledgible and fun guy to hang with to show me the ropes.
If anyone is interested, just respond here and if you sound like a guy I would wanna hang out with, I will ask for your e-mail or however it works on here.

3somefan
07-27-2008, 06:40 PM
I hope you have a great time on your trip! :)

HOWEVER..bro, you do not need a guide!!! I am 33, been on 4 trips to the DR and did 3 trips solo (I did meet up with guys down there already though). There is so much information on this board, that if you keep studying for the time proceeding your trip, you won't need a guide. Spanish is not completely needed on the North Coast in Sosua. Of course knowing some helps out a lot, but Sosua is pretty much point and click. You can find a lot of free or cheap Spanish aids online to help you with the basics.

There is a great group of core guys on this site, but you have to be careful when you throw out offers like that. People can see that as a weakness, and take advantage of you. There are even chicas and guys from the DR on this site who are of course looking for easy prey.

If you hit up the usual ISOC spots when you are there, then you will run into a lot of ISOC guys to hang with.

Just looking out...good luck!

David Smash
07-27-2008, 06:52 PM
My first trip I had a "guide" My second trip to DR I had so much more fun!!! From my knowledge Sosua is never short of Gringos so don't look for a guide look for a fellow monger. Most of them would be more than happy to help out over there

snappermelon
07-27-2008, 07:07 PM
I appreciate the advise. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to be taken advantage of. This is not the first time I will be travelling alone to a third world country. I see your point though. I guess more than anything I want to make sure I'm not talking to myself for the whole trip. I don't know how friendly you regulars will be at the usual hangouts and I'm not typically the type of guy to walk up to a dude in a bar and say "hey, you wanna hang out with me tonight?" That would be really creepy for both parties. LOL

Jimmydr
07-27-2008, 07:09 PM
I appreciate the advise. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to be taken advantage of. This is not the first time I will be travelling alone to a third world country. I see your point though. I guess more than anything I want to make sure I'm not talking to myself for the whole trip. I don't know how friendly you regulars will be at the usual hangouts and I'm not typically the type of guy to walk up to a dude in a bar and say "hey, you wanna hang out with me tonight?" That would be really creepy for both parties. LOL

If you follow the board, you will realize its a board of many single travelers coming together to become an unstoppable force.

snappermelon
07-27-2008, 07:15 PM
LOL an unstoppable force? I like the sound of that. It's like the Stuntacons merging to form Bruticus (obscure reference).
I'll be there Sept 3rd. That's a wednesday. Any suggestions on where I should go to meet some fellow hobbyists sometime in the evening?

Jimmydr
07-27-2008, 07:18 PM
LOL an unstoppable force? I like the sound of that. It's like the Stuntacons merging to form Bruticus (obscure reference).
I'll be there Sept 3rd. That's a wednesday. Any suggestions on where I should go to meet some fellow hobbyists sometime in the evening?

You can walk into the New Garden Hotel and maybe there are 10-20 ISOC there. You can stop by Passions and Peter may be able to pint out some ISOC there.

Jimmydr
07-27-2008, 07:21 PM
Greetings all! I am heading to Sosua in the beginning of Sept. and it is my rookie trip. I have been reading lots of trip reports here and have thus learned some valuable info. However, I do not speak Spanish and obviously do not know the area at all. I was hoping to meet a cool guy who could show me around for the first couple days. Somebody younger (I'm 34) who would be into partying at the clubs late at night would be best and being proficient in Spanish is a must. I would of course pick up the food and drink tabs.
I'm staying at Las Terrazas where I scored a 2100 square ft ocean front condo that is off the hook! There are 2 bedrooms and killer ocean views so it would be a good place to have a laugh with a couple chicas at the end of the night.
Basically, I'm an easy going guy who just wants a knowledgible and fun guy to hang with to show me the ropes.
If anyone is interested, just respond here and if you sound like a guy I would wanna hang out with, I will ask for your e-mail or however it works on here.

We have a calandar on ISOC. You can post a mini event. Beer bash at the New Garden at 1PM for example, first 5 guys get a beer. I am sure you will meet 5 guys.:D:D:D:D

Jimmydr
07-27-2008, 07:24 PM
My first trip I had a "guide" My second trip to DR I had so much more fun!!! From my knowledge Sosua is never short of Gringos so don't look for a guide look for a fellow monger. Most of them would be more than happy to help out over there

Yes, i remember seeing you in Sosua your first trip! Never thought we would be in Mayorista 3 years later.

snappermelon
07-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Wow that's a great idea!!! Everyone likes free beer! But wait, isn't 1pm happy hour in Sosua? So make that 2 beers for the first 5!!

Jimmydr
07-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Wow that's a great idea!!! Everyone likes free beer! But wait, isn't 1pm happy hour in Sosua? So make that 2 beers for the first 5!!

Pick a place, post it on the Calandar and be there. At the New Garden you can swim with these guys. I am sure you will meet a few of your future wingmen that fine day.

Jimmydr
07-27-2008, 07:34 PM
There is a great group of core guys on this site, but you have to be careful when you throw out offers like that. People can see that as a weakness, and take advantage of you. There are even chicas and guys from the DR on this site who are of course looking for easy prey.

Hey, so I prefer to pay 300 pesos for a BJ. Thats more than fair!

snappermelon
07-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Ok I'll do that. New Garden is a hotel is it not? Can you swim there if you're not a guest?

Jimmydr
07-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Ok I'll do that. New Garden is a hotel is it not? Can you swim there if you're not a guest?

Start off my reading a few Sosua trip reports and you will get a much better idea. The New garden is a hotel that many ISOC stay at. If you are hanging with the guests you are welcome to swim there, but double check that once you arrive. Chances are, you will like it and stay there in the near future.

bentwire
07-27-2008, 08:44 PM
read up like Jimmy says, there will be trip reports during August to let you know what is the lateset trend in sosua,, book your stay at the new garden,,, get a realtors lock for your safe key,,,, read read read

snappermelon
07-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Ok Ok Ok. I guess I better start reading. As far as staying at the new garden, maybe next time. This time I have a seriously pimped out condo on the beach. I believe Las Terrazas is close to town (5 min walk?) and is guest friendly. Jackpot!

Malo
07-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Ok Ok Ok. I guess I better start reading. As far as staying at the new garden, maybe next time. This time I have a seriously pimped out condo on the beach. I believe Las Terrazas is close to town (5 min walk?) and is guest friendly. Jackpot!

Join the trip report section, only $24.99 for a year and well worth it.

Hemp
07-28-2008, 12:23 PM
yes that place is 5 min. from town, 2 minutes from NG. nice place

i almost stayed there once.

Inconego
07-28-2008, 02:25 PM

Is this a paid position? would you be taking care of Airfare and Accomodations? If so, I may be your guy...

carolinajack
07-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Is this a paid position? would you be taking care of Airfare and Accomodations? If so, I may be your guy...

:corky: LMAO!!!!!

Inconego
07-28-2008, 08:53 PM
:corky: LMAO!!!!!

Damn Jack... Hey, if chicas can get WU 1500 miles away for doing nothin, why can't I get an all expense paid trip? You can't blame me for tryin'....:o

snappermelon
07-29-2008, 02:03 AM
Hmmmmmm.... Welllllll... Let me seeeeee.... Uhm no.
Nice try though.

JuanElGriego
07-29-2008, 10:15 AM

Is that anything like the lions merging to form Voltron? :dontknow:

Hemp
07-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Or the DinoZords merging to become MegaZord? :think:

Citynights
07-29-2008, 10:27 PM
;) read the posts about sousa....Eirks posts are awesome...there are pics and by the time you are done you will know all the bars, resturants, and where to find all the chicas... and let us not forget La Passions...take out with happy results...Jimbo44 had great trip #6 report...etc. even a map of sousa is out there...read the posts and you will a great trip...warning be prepared to say NO alot.....from all the chicas hitting on you...:corky:

snappermelon
07-30-2008, 02:01 AM

It is quite a bit like that. It's from the old transformers cartoon. Also, I think the Dinobots merged to form Devestator or something like that.

snappermelon
07-30-2008, 02:10 AM
;) read the posts about sousa....Eirks posts are awesome...there are pics and by the time you are done you will know all the bars, resturants, and where to find all the chicas... and let us not forget La Passions...take out with happy results...Jimbo44 had great trip #6 report...etc. even a map of sousa is out there...read the posts and you will a great trip...warning be prepared to say NO alot.....from all the chicas hitting on you...:corky:

Yup yup!! Already joined the ranks of all you true paying members. I've read some great trip reports so far. Mostly reading 1st visit reports right now. I quite liked Hemps first one.
As far as being overwhelmed by the chicas, the main thing will be the language barrier but the girls pulling and prodding and jumping all over you, I have experienced that before in a little town called Pattaya, Thailand and if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere. (cue the orchestra).

Jimmydr
07-30-2008, 09:40 AM
A very current report.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?p=488604#post488604

snappermelon
07-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Thanks Jimmy, but I'm not sure I got the right link. That was more like a bunch of pics of hot chicas at passions (which made me rather excited about my vacation btw) than it was a trip report. Is there a written report before all the pics on a different thread?
Also, I must say that I will be looking for that Carmen chick when I'm at passions. Crazy or not!!!

snappermelon
07-30-2008, 11:39 PM
I think I'm kind of an eyes man. I mean I like tna too, but put a chick in front of me with a crazy, sexy pair of eyes and I will be a puddle of melted goo on the floor.

3somefan
07-31-2008, 07:57 AM
Also, I must say that I will be looking for that Carmen chick when I'm at passions. Crazy or not!!!

Carmen hasn't worked at La Passions in over a month buddy! Last I heard, she is home in Santo Domingo....there are many more like her though, don't worry! :wink:

snappermelon
07-31-2008, 08:58 PM
Oh well, as long as there's more of the same I'm cool with that 3some. Btw, call me Snap.:biggrin: