PDA

View Full Version : Nigerian advises against 86 wives

Gladiator
08-08-2008, 03:41 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7547148.stm

David Smash
08-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Wow, the funny thing is, I bet all those wives would cause that man the same amount of headache as just one.....

Hemp
08-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Smash or Incog,

In that culture do you have to have a certain amount of Wealth, Land and assets as well as connections to be able to have 1 or more wives? and do you have to have proff of wealth to present to the womans family as well as any judicial authorities?

David Smash
08-08-2008, 06:19 PM
As a Muslim one must have the means to maintain anything he wish Allah to grant him. And while the Qu' ran does state a man can take up to four wives, it isn't clear if and how many more a man should have. I guess it is up to intrepretation.

Who know maybe Allah has imbued this man with uncanny strength to endure the needs of 86 wives (How well he does is up to the person to decide). The fact that he claims 170 children when so many fathers wouldn't claim one still astounds me!!!

So if you are a Muslim you may believe Allah gave him these wives. If you're me you know this is frickn' scam by man that hides behind religion. Again it's up to intrepretation.

Gladiator
08-09-2008, 05:54 AM
I can't imagine how a man can handle 86 wives - just remembering 86 names would be a challenge...

weyland
08-09-2008, 06:11 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7547148.stm
I hope the pre-nup agreement came through 86 layers of carbon paper clearly.

PapiQueRico
08-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Most Muslim scholars agree that a man is allowed to have four wives, as long as he can treat them equally.

I had never heard it put that way. I thought it was based on be wealthy enough to support them, but I wasn't aware that equality was the main issue.

David Smash
08-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Most Muslim scholars agree that a man is allowed to have four wives, as long as he can treat them equally.

I had never heard it put that way. I thought it was based on be wealthy enough to support them, but I wasn't aware that equality was the main issue.

Well yeah you have to provide and love ALL your wives equally. However some Muslims believe that is up to the man to put one of the wives in charge of the others.

Again this is also up to intrepretation. Just like the word "Jihad"

Inconego
08-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Smash or Incog,

In that culture do you have to have a certain amount of Wealth, Land and assets as well as connections to be able to have 1 or more wives? and do you have to have proff of wealth to present to the womans family as well as any judicial authorities?

Actually the woman's family is supposed to PAY YOU a dowry (for taking her off their hands, and giving her a good life), and many still do...

I am not Muslim, but I can still have multiple wives if I choose.

Many of the Alhajis still have multiple wives... These are usually wealthy muslim guys (oil money)

If you have the money, you can have as many wives as you want till this day, however because of christianity, stress, and modern times, many just stick with one.

Notice the famous artist FELA, had over 80 wives or so... It wasn't illegal, what he got thrown in jail for was speaking against political corruption and effects of colonialism

Mad Mike
08-28-2008, 12:12 PM
FELA died of aids....GAH....80 potential women exposed