PDA

View Full Version : NO MORE CONTINENTAL (NEWARK TO SANTIAGO)

Clark Kent
08-12-2008, 01:29 AM
I just flew home today and was told by the ticket agent that after September the route between Santiago(STI) and Newark(EWR) will be eliminated. This is really bad news because the route Between POP and STI will be cut to just two days (Saturday and Wednesday)....not to mention that all those folks that (dominicans) travel to Santiago with all those bags will now be coming to POP....this will drive up the already high airfare and also cause many bags to get left behind. When i got home i confirmed this information on the Website. I dread having to go back to Jetblue....they will now be the only airline with a direct nonstop from the New York area to POP...Delta currently has a direct from New York to Santiago and a JFK to POP but it stops in Alanta if i am correct....No more three hours to bliss

psriches
08-12-2008, 06:19 AM
This has been reported on a few times here dating back a few months. But one more thread on the info can't hurt. Always appreciate information.

Anyway, most of the Santiago traffic will be re-directed to Santo Domingo where they will have more options. So the POP route won't be affected to bad!