PDA

View Full Version : NBA Star donates Crocs

NewsWhore
08-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Crocs, Inc. announced the first-of-its-kind recycled footwear donation program, SolesUnitedSM, will be teaming with Dominican-American NBA Star Charlie Villanueva of the Milwaukee Bucks to bring 10,000 pairs of Crocs shoes to children in impoverished regions of the Dominican Republic. This marks the second SolesUnitedSM donation in the Dominican Republic and commences the first major effort of the newly formed Tenis Para Ninos (which translates to "Sneakers for Kids") program developed by The Charlie Villanueva Foundation.
Tenis Para Ninos, launching August 29-31, 2008 with the delivery of SolesUnitedSM shoes, will reach hundreds of Dominican children particularly in schools and orphanages in Puerto Plata, Cabrera, and Santiago. Charlie, along with SolesUnitedSM, Feed the Children, and UNICEF will be on hand for the donation.
"I have witnessed first hand the widespread desolate conditions in the Dominican Republic. Few Americans realize many Dominican people have never owned shoes before, so the simple act of providing them with quality Crocs footwear is invaluable," said Villanueva. "It is my hope that this benevolent partnership with SolesUnited will only continue to grow with the support of my fellow NBA players moving forward."

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#12)