PDA

View Full Version : Converting .mov files to other video formats

BlueDevil
09-04-2008, 04:11 PM
I have several videos I wish to share on the board. Unfortunately, my camera records only in Quicktime .mov format. These files are very large, and in no time, will exceed the 128 MB file upload limit on this board. I would like to convert them to a more board-friendly .avi or .wmv format. I searched and tried several freeware conversion programs, but they truncate the clip after a few seconds. Does anyone know of a good freeware program to help me out with this dilemma?

Muchas gracias,

Hemp
09-04-2008, 04:17 PM
i was speaking with Movie/Vids master!!! remyman41 about this recently...

you should shoot him a PM.

Hunter
09-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Windows Movie Maker. Its on your PC now. comes with windows.

That takes my mpg file from my camera which is big and converts to wmv which is small.

easy to learn.....

BlueDevil
09-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Windows Movie Maker. Its on your PC now. comes with windows.

That takes my mpg file from my camera which is big and converts to wmv which is small.

easy to learn.....

Hunter,

Thanks for chiming in. Windows Movie Maker was the first resource I tried. Oddly enough, it will import and play a .mov file, but it won't permanently convert and save the clip.

remyman41
09-04-2008, 08:22 PM
Try this one

http://www.mediaconverter.org/

Corrado
09-05-2008, 07:11 PM
I use this

http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html

It is free, and can convert just about any media into any other media. It can strip an audio track from a video, and has lots of options.

BlueDevil
09-06-2008, 10:37 AM
The old saying: "If ain't broke don't fix it" applies here. I downloaded one of the conversion programs from a recommended link. When I installed it, I was prompted to download a Quicktime codec. When I did that, it opened the door for the zlobdblr virus, and I now have a mess on my hands. I will be spending the rest of the weekend figuring out how to "disinfect" my desktop. :mad: