PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Aloha Sol v. Camp David

RickRock
10-18-2004, 05:05 PM
Just got back from four days in Santiago. Originally had reservations for 4 nights at Camp David, but after one night, went to Aloha Sol. Camp David is way too far out of the way for me. The rooms were spacious and it was definetly guest friendly. The view of Santiago was beautiful and the restaurant excellent. The problem is that it is just so isolated that it just wasnt worth staying there. I left after the first night and went to Aloha Sol. I recomemnd his hotel very very highly. I was suprised at how clean the rooms were. They had great hot water and even decent towels. Internet onsite and a restuarant. Definetely guest friendly and right in the middle of eveything. There is also a university convenierly located around the corner. I paid 2,499 pesos for Thursday night, and 1,499 pesos for Friday and Saturday. I stayed at Hotel Platino before and definetly prefer Aloha Sol. Great hotel comparitely speaking.

Jimmydr
10-19-2004, 09:06 AM
Do you have their e mail address or Website? I will be passing thru in December.

Don Tomas
10-19-2004, 06:39 PM
I stayed at Hotel Platino before and definetly prefer Aloha Sol. Great hotel comparitely speaking.

Can you give us the Pros & Cons of Aloha vs. Platino? You are right on that Camp David is not good for mongering but it is romantic for a special long term chica.

I normally stay in the Platino exclusively in Santiago (or a cabana). They have a on site resturant (not 24 hours) and another around the corner 24 hours, internet (room 324), and the biggest university in Santiago across the street.

JDR
06-06-2005, 08:25 AM
I am heading to Santiago for a night and will give this hotel a try.

continentalmike
06-06-2005, 10:57 AM
I stayed at the Aloha Sol.. found it to be slightly pricey but good quality.. room with aircon and good showers... breakfast is incluido and def gf friendly..

David Smash
07-12-2005, 10:24 PM
Just in case anyone wants the contact info

Aloha Sol
Calle del Sol 150, Santiago
Tel: (809) 583-0090
Fax: (809) 583-0950

el_papi_chew_low
07-15-2005, 04:24 PM
http://www.alohasol.com/default.htm

Reel Deal
07-15-2005, 05:47 PM
I can't imagine hotels more different than Camp David and Aloha.

psriches
07-15-2005, 06:10 PM
I still say that Colonial Hotel is a much better value for 1 or 2 days. Only 507 pesos incl tax for a basic room. Clean with air cond and cable in downtown Santiago.

brianod
07-17-2005, 08:01 PM
I normally stay in the Platino exclusively in Santiago (or a cabana). They have a on site resturant (not 24 hours) and another around the corner 24 hours, internet (room 324), and the biggest university in Santiago across the street.

Hey DT - Despite my early return to Sosua - You have me real interested in Santiago - Kelvin's was the bomb and after being seen a couple of times, I'm sure Passions and Illusions will be more accomodating - Plus I'm rethinking my position on non-morena chica's

Do you have contact info on Platino?

Jimmydr
07-17-2005, 08:05 PM

Hey DT - Despite my early return to Sosua - You have me real interested in Santiago - Kelvin's was the bomb and after being seen a couple of times, I'm sure Passions and Illusions will be more accomodating - Plus I'm rethinking my position on non-morena chica's

Just walk in and get a room.

Reel Deal
07-17-2005, 08:53 PM

Just walk in and get a room.Call in advance, and negotiate a better rate.

Jimmydr
07-17-2005, 08:55 PM

They wouldn't budge for three rooms for our trip.

Reel Deal
07-17-2005, 08:58 PM

They wouldn't budge for three rooms for our trip.Really? I have no problem getting better rates. But then again, I've stayed there over 25 days the last 8 months.

ROVER
01-02-2006, 11:28 PM
I've done both and I say aloha Sol is the winner in every way. Maybe was a couple hundered pesos more which is less than 10.00/night but in Plantino they try and nickle and dime you to death which kinda sucks for me when I'm on vacation.

For instance when I wanted a large coffee in the morning in Plantino they "tried" to hit me up for 100 pesos which was at that time last year about $3 U.S. as oppossed to Aloha Sol that gives you a card for a free drink in their bar the minute you book the room. And yes is Chica friendly.