PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Aloha Sol v. Hotel Platina

RickRock
10-19-2004, 08:01 PM
Don Thomas, as per your request. It is true that Hotel Platina is in the ciity of Santiago. However, it is not in the heart of Santiago. This distinction is important because you can only walk a limited distance when you leave the Hotel Platina. In short, there are a limited number things to see and places to go and eat on foot. On the other hand, Hotel Aloha Sol is right in the the heart of downtown. When you walk out of the door, you are right smack in the middle of it. Women eveywhere. There is also a university right around the corner and lots of college hangout places. You cannot beat the location for daytime reconnisance. Some say you should not walk around at night there. I will leave that up to you. I had no problem. Both Aloha Sol and Platino had small rooms, but I prefer Aloha Sol. Its not that Platinao is a bad hotel. In fact, I liked it. Its just that Aloha Sol is in a better location, the rooms were cleaner, and they had fluffier towles. This might sound ridiculous, but its not because it indicates the kind of hotel you are dealing with. For example, Aloha Sol had a free complementary drink for me and my novia at thei bar the first night. Breakfast was also included in the price of the room rental. Aloha Sol has 2 internet teminals downtairs which you can use for 150 peseos. If I were you, I would just walk to the next block and use the internet center that the university students use. Its $40 pesos for an hour, and you can talk to the chica next to you while using the computer. Make sure you stay in the room that is one up step up from the basic room. I think it is called the Execuitive Superior room. The smaller room is just the Executive room. The water was hot as hell, and the toilets had sturdy seats. :) I paid $2400 pesos for Thursday night, and $1499 for Friday an Saturday night. There is also a disco across the street on the side of the hotel that I think is part of the Hodelpa Centro Plaza, which is supposed to be a nice hotel as well. I did not have a chance to go there, but you should check it out. Both Aloha Sol and Platina have free parking and restaurants, but the restaurant at Aloha was definetly classier and the food was outstanding. Try the fish soup, that shit was the bomb. I kid you not. Aloha Sol does not have a website, but their number is 809-583-0090. I hope this helps.

Don Tomas
10-19-2004, 08:19 PM
Thank you for the reply and I would totally agree Aloha is definitely in the heart of the city for the daytime but I have heard also that it is not a good area to hang out at night.

Calle del Sol is my favorite hunting ground during the daytime in Santiago.

I just might try it out next time...Dec 23rd - Jan 2nd.

Jimmydr
10-20-2004, 09:05 AM
Thank you for the reply and I would totally agree Aloha is definitely in the heart of the city for the daytime but I have heard also that it is not a good area to hang out at night.

Calle del Sol is my favorite hunting ground during the daytime in Santiago.

I just might try it out next time...Dec 23rd - Jan 2nd.

Heart of the city is 10 minutes to all clubs by car.