PDA

View Full Version : Questions & Answers

JDR4
04-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Start firing!

JDR4
04-11-2004, 09:01 AM
Does the Palace allow the girls to leave the hotel and go back to
your hotel. By the way how far is the Palace from Hotel Europa

Jimmydr
04-11-2004, 09:01 AM
Does the Palace allow the girls to leave the hotel and go back to
your hotel. By the way how far is the Palace from Hotel Europa

Yes they do and its a 5 minute walk.

JDR4
04-11-2004, 09:47 AM
Questions About Palace Amenities

I figured that you guys would give me answers much quicker than John
replies to emails, so here goes:

1.) do the rooms have phones and can you call the U.S. from your room?
2.) do the rooms have a radio?
3.) do the rooms have hair dryers?

If there are no phones at the palace, does anyone know of a place to
rent cell phones that can be used to call the U.S.?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mister NYC
04-12-2004, 11:45 AM
No to all of the above, but YOU CAN rent cell phones for $2 USD a day plus your usage from the ORANGE cell phone company store along the main strip in Sosua. It is located diagonally across from PJ's.

lexx_luthar
04-16-2004, 07:57 PM
:?: :?: :?:

OK, here's another couple of questions:

Do the rooms have a refrigerator? (Might be nice for drinks)

Do electrical outlets in the rooms differ from the US? Is an adaptor needed?

TIA

Shadow Dweller
04-17-2004, 07:15 AM
Here is another question: :?: Can you use your existing cellphone in the DR? I've heard some people mention having their cellphone "activated" but I'm not sure what they mean or how / where to do it?

SD

Jimmydr
04-17-2004, 07:46 AM
:?: :?: :?:

OK, here's another couple of questions:

Do the rooms have a refrigerator? (Might be nice for drinks)

Do electrical outlets in the rooms differ from the US? Is an adaptor needed?

TIA

Everyroom has a refrigerator. Outlets are the same as USA.

Jimmydr
04-17-2004, 07:47 AM
Here is another question: :?: Can you use your existing cellphone in the DR? I've heard some people mention having their cellphone "activated" but I'm not sure what they mean or how / where to do it?

SD

You go to Orange and for $15 they switch you to a Dominican number.

Andy
04-17-2004, 08:05 AM
Hey JimmyDR,
I'm going to be in town next week. Do you think there is a room available at the Palace for one night (thursday or Friday)? . I'd like to try the place while I'm there.

Jimmydr
04-17-2004, 08:12 AM
Hey JimmyDR,
I'm going to be in town next week. Do you think there is a room available at the Palace for one night (thursday or Friday)? . I'd like to try the place while I'm there.

Yes there is a room or 2 as of now and I will be there as well. :D

Andy
04-18-2004, 06:41 PM
Going to try the Palace for the first time Friday and Sat April 23 and 24th.
Hope to meet some of you 8)

Jake

Jimmydr
04-19-2004, 11:48 AM
Going to try the Palace for the first time Friday and Sat April 23 and 24th.
Hope to meet some of you 8)

Jake

Its a good group. 4 of us hit the clubs in Puerto Plata last night.

Malibook
04-27-2004, 11:30 AM
You can buy a sim card for your phone for DR 350 pesos which includes 100 pesos worth of free credit. If you are not from the States you must ensure your phone is a Tri-band phone. Your phone must be unlocked to any network, but if it isnt you can get this done for free(according to a notice in the window) in the phone shop opposite the petrol station in Sosua. I bought my sim card from the Orange shop in Sosua. Note: you need to take some id with you when you go to buy your sim card, didnt have mine with me and had to go back and get it. All the girls seem to have phones so start collecting those numbers boys and when you are feeling horny you can call one up and get her to come over!

Vincent Vega
04-27-2004, 04:29 PM
You do not need a triband phone. They are expensive. What you need is an UNLOCKED GSM phone operating on 1900 mhz. This would be a phone that would work with ATT, T-mobile, or Cingular in the USA. You can find these phones on E-bay for as little as $15-20.

You then take the phone to ORANGE, and they will hook you up with a SIM as described in other posts. I did this. It was easy.

However, these phones will not work in most other countries, nor will they work with other providers in the DR, but if you are going only to the DR, a phone is a good investment. The activation will last for 90 days, so if you are away from the DR for longer, you may have to do it over again. If that is the case, make sure you write down your stored numbers before you take out the old chip.

Jimmydr
05-14-2004, 02:02 PM
To: insearchofchicas@yahoogroups.com
From: "boulevardbar" <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> Add to Address Book
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 12:26:53 -0000
Subject: [IN SEARCH OF CHICAS] Sosua Palace VIP

Hey Jimmy,

I am trying to make reservations for May 20-24,2004 on the yahoo
site, but my membership is still pending. Are the 2 bedroom units an
apartment style set up? How much is the penthouse and how many
bedrooms does it have? Also My 3 friends and I are landing at the
Santiago airport, What is the current rate for a taxi to sousa?
Would you suggest we hang out and spend the night in Santiago ( we
land around 5pm) and if you do where should we go to get some action
and which accommodations would you use? Thanks in Advance.

The 2 bedrooms are set up apartment style and last December it was about $25-$30 to get to Sosua. You can stay overnight or make the 1.5 hour trip.

Lukeinla
07-26-2004, 07:10 PM
Hey Guys, arriving at the Palace Aug 10th. Do the rooms have a safe to put valuables, cash, etc in??? Thanks Luke

Jimmydr
07-26-2004, 07:31 PM
Hey Guys, arriving at the Palace Aug 10th. Do the rooms have a safe to put valuables, cash, etc in??? Thanks Luke

Yes they do!