PDA

View Full Version : Zip Line Tour,,,,, bentwire is going next trip

bentwire
09-18-2008, 06:06 PM
For those of you who do not get the latest news looks like there is a park in Puerto Plata that has a cool zip line tour,, go to their site and check out the video,,, this is going to be on my list for sure

http://www.yasikaadventures.com/

alexw
09-18-2008, 06:55 PM
be careful on those zip lines bro

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2469

Kevy
09-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Are you sure you are up to it?? It looks rough.

weyland
09-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Are you sure you are up to it?? It looks rough.
Nothing to worry about. It was installed, serviced and supervised by Dominicans! :rolleyes:

Kevy
09-18-2008, 07:42 PM
Nothing to worry about. It was installed, serviced and supervised by Dominicans! :rolleyes:

I hope I join Bentwire for some fun, when you return:lol:

Citynights
09-19-2008, 06:31 AM
The main difference from other zip line tours.....these guys have not bothered to put in a safety line....:wtf1: :dontknow: if this line snaps goes you are going down....in the case of the accident the worker went out to get the stalled tourist....he took her safety line off that is when the other line gave way....she died from her injuries...I am for doing this tour but I will do one that has a safety line on it...its like shydiving would you jump without a back up chute..:firejump:.:dontknow:

bentwire
09-19-2008, 08:58 PM
The main difference from other zip line tours.....these guys have not bothered to put in a safety line....:wtf1: :dontknow: if this line snaps goes you are going down....in the case of the accident the worker went out to get the stalled tourist....he took her safety line off that is when the other line gave way....she died from her injuries...I am for doing this tour but I will do one that has a safety line on it...its like shydiving would you jump without a back up chute..:firejump:.:dontknow:

I fuck with one condom on,, not much differance in the danger factor, aids kills just as dead as falling 10000 feet, we all take chances, probably more deaths from aids than skydiveing and we are all a buch of fuckers takeing chances and liveing dangerously, thats what seperates us from the men who have no balls

I get a kick out of danger

eastcoastallstar
09-19-2008, 09:27 PM
Tu Eres Loco

bentwire
09-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Tu Eres Loco

si mucho,,,,,,El mundo es un panuelo

No quiero oro,
ni quiero plata.
Yo lo que quiero
es quebrar la toto

JD426
09-20-2008, 11:48 AM
I would seriously pack my own parachute before I would ever attempt somthing like this in the DR of all places. And I've never packed a parachute before.
If you're not comfortable with SCUBA ?, this is like 1,000% more dangerous. You see the way they maintain their equipment over there!?

bentwire
09-20-2008, 12:02 PM
I would seriously pack my own parachute before I would ever attempt somthing like this in the DR of all places. And I've never packed a parachute before.
If you're not comfortable with SCUBA ?, this is like 1,000% more dangerous. You see the way they maintain their equipment over there!?

Scuba is unatural,, swinging from a vine is buried deep within our genetics, I used to frame houses when i was a young man,, was nothing to walk a 3 inch wide 2x4 3 stories up,, wouldnt want to do that now days as i may be a bit lop sided and not as well ballenced ( wearing Bifocals these days)

Height has never been a fear factor to me,, being 18 meters down and no way of escape is unbearable,

you have more of a chance of being ate by a shark than falling from a zip line,, look at the one they have in Haiti much further and higher and no safety line,, not tring to convince you to risk your neck, as i understand your level of intelligence may overcome your desire for adrenaline highs,,

Like anything different or dangerous, the drive to do it is an addiction, just like mongoring,, ask a average joe blow what he thinks about what we do and he will tell you its more dangerous than tring to braid a lions tail when he is eating fresh kill..