PDA

View Full Version : No tropical depression for me

sonrisa
09-22-2008, 11:47 PM
There is a big rain storm that just left Puerto Rico and is making a stop over the Dominican Republic tonight and tomorrow. Then it will politely move west or north and make room for my plane to arrive this Wednesday afternoon. I'm renting a car, provided the U.S. still has a banking system to back me up, and make a quick (one hour) layover (no pun intended) at La Passions and then off for a relaxing five day vacation at Blackbeards. I've done the Sosua thing three times and stayed at Blackbeards two days in the past. This time I'm looking for a low-key, little stress vacation with some time taking a dip in the pool, the ocean and some accompanied time in the whirlpool. I'm renting a junior suite so I'll also have a jacuzzi in the room for extra relaxation and . . . entertainment. I hope to stop by the Merengue festival in Puerto Plata this weekend and maybe take the car on a spin to some other sights in and around Puerto Plata. Yes, I'll probably visit Classicos in Sosua a night or two and, who knows, maybe a second helping at La Passions. After all, I am a creature of habit. I love the fish and chips at Brittania in Sosua especially with a half bottle of malt vinegar on top. My hope is to hit a few restaurants in Puerto Plata and wherever else I may be enticed. I'll also make sure to position myself for some good photos of the "Barely There Bikini" Contest on Saturday. I'll try to add to this report while I am there. With all the economic depression at home and the one-after-another tropical depressions in the Carribbean, I'm looking forward to a fairly simple and back-to-the-basics kind-of vacation. So I'll keep you posted with my observations and experiences in and around Sosua, Puerto Plata and, especially, Blackbeards. So even if a little rain comes my way, I'm guessing I'll have a big smile on my face and that there will be no tropical depression for me.

sonrisa
10-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Sorry, guys, for not fulfilling my “in-the-field” reporting as indicated in my original post. As a proponent of the “No Excuse Express”, I accept full responsibility for the fact that I was having too much fun to stop and write reports in a cramped computer area while beautiful and shapely girls were less than twenty feet away. What was I thinking? Anyway, I hope my belated report is better than nothing.

My five nights and six days (thanks to a mid-afternoon American flight back to Miami and then home) allowed plenty of opportunity and actually left me wanting for more. Blackbeards, sometimes referred to as “The Retirement Home” by its critics, is a very nice resort with a very nice assortment of amenities. The pool, bar and restaurant are the center pieces of a well-maintained facility. The bedrooms are comfortable with air-conditioning, cable television, refrigerators, and nice bedrooms. For four of the five days I had a junior suite with a whirlpool before needing to move (I knew this at the time of my reservation) to a smaller, but equally comfortable room. By the way, I had plenty of hot water for the Jacuzzi, but found the girls like cooler water than was available. Every day the electricity was lost for an hour or two, but the large generator provided plenty of power until it needed to be cooled down. Inconvenient, but no big problem. The restaurant food was good, though not necessarily distinguished. The waitresses were very nice and helpful. And, as with other Latin-speaking countries, if you want something wave them over. Otherwise, they don’t excessively check-in on you as they do in the U.S.A. I had a car so I tried some other places in Sosua, Confessi and Puerto Plata.

As for the girls, I had a very positive experience. Many shapes. Many sizes. Many personalities. As for me, I choose relating to a combination of factors with a larger focus on personality (attitude) and looks. There were plenty of seasoned professionals there divided between those who just want to have fun and those who appear simply to want to do the deed and take a nap or return to the bar. There were those whose personalities blossomed the longer you got to know them. There were those who were a little shy, but could be awakened with a little tender loving care. Since my Spanish is functional, I could explore some of the personalities before making a decision. For example, I could never make an emotional connection with a tall thin girl even though I tried a few times. Maybe my loss. Probably not. I moved on to others. And what I found was good. My first night I spent time in the outside whirlpool and then the night with an energetic pro who wanted to have fun. We did. I took her back home in Puerto Plata the next morning after both a night and morning session. We remained friends the whole time I was there. I found two shy girls, one with a stunningly beautiful body and the other with a backside that will always live on in my dreams. Two girls gave me the perfect girlfriend experience . . . something I was suspect might not happen at Blackbeards. After the bikini contest, one girl and I went back to the room, she changed clothes and we went to a seaside restaurant in Confresi, returned to the disco, and then spent both the night and morning together. I signed up for a repeat performance the next night.

With a car available, I did some traveling around including a visit to Passions and dinner in Sosua. Both were great. I also met several girls in and around Puerto Plata who were not pros, but were available. The policy of checking any outside girls at Blackbeards was open while also protecting you as you also checked the girl out.

One of the things I’ve discovered with the girls of the Dominican Republic, if you are a half-way decent looking guy with a kind personality, the girls often enjoy the experience as much as you do. What a nice discovery!

If you’re in for the fun of the hunt, Blackbeards may not be for you. As for me, it was very enjoyable. I found the atmosphere both stimulating and relaxing. If I had a couple of weeks, I’d probably spend a few days at Blackbeards and then on to Sosua and then back for a final couple of days of relaxation at Blackbeards. Having only a shorter time (five nights), Blackbeards worked out perfect for me.