PDA

View Full Version : Senator on his fortune & son

NewsWhore
09-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Speaking at a press conference, Senator Wilton Guerrero said that General Prosecutor Radhames Jimenez Pena was welcome to investigate the origins of his wealth. He said that Jimenez should ask his subordinates at the Department for the Prevention of Corruption (Depreco) to investigate his assets, saying that he has nothing to hide. Jimenez had questioned Guerrero's record while serving as head of the Dominican Agrarian Institute (IAD). Guerrero recommended that Jimenez request documentation on his actions from the General Controller of the Republic office or the Chamber of Accounts. "If the investigation finds that I did anything illegal, I am willing to put aside my privileges as Senator and stand for trial in ordinary courts", he said. Earlier last week, Jimenez asked Guerrero to account for the origin of his fortune and to reveal his son's legal status in the United States. Guerrero said that 16 years ago, his son was arrested after a car accident in a vehicle driven by a friend of his, and fined US$50. He showed the court report, and added that some months ago his son became a US citizen for his good conduct in the US. Guerrero has accused Jimenez of negligence in his role as general prosecutor that has favored drug-dealing operations. He also disputed the findings of the commission that included Jimenez Pena, which investigated the murder of seven suspected drug dealers in Bani.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#14)