PDA

View Full Version : The NEW New Garden Hotel

TropicBob
10-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Thought I would update ya all. On my way back to Tampa from my work assignment in Costa Rica, I stopped in the Dominican Republic, and stayed the whole 8 days at The New Garden Hotel. I had a great time at the New Garden..

I stayed in the new section. Love the big rooms, all nice tiled floor and half walls, lots of hot water, and perfect air conditioning to fan mix during my entire 8 days. This trip, I had all my breakfasts there ...Willy will cook any breakfast even if it is not on the menu (french toast, ham and cheese scramble, etc). The breakfast was included in my daily rate. One night about 10 of us participated in Willy's Grande BBQ (chicken, pork chops, beef ribs, rice, french fries, red bean sauce, black bean salsa)...LOTS OF FOOD, for just $6 well worth $20! Another night, Willy made a very tasty order of Cabonara pasta for me while I watch the debate up in my room.

During my stay, Lorenzo was busy having all the old furniture, including the beds, from the original wing of the hotel taken away. He is replacing all the furniture and all the beds....he said they had gotten quite a workout...wink, wink... Wildfred confirmed that they had order the new furniture and beds back in March, but it is just now getting here.

The New Garden Hotel was a great choice !

Jimbo44
10-04-2008, 05:28 PM
I stay no where else when ever I go, and I will stay again next month 11/19 - 11/23.

gmalet
10-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Bob had a great time!!

Hey by the way your chica left her panties in my room.

the_Jayman
10-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Thanks for all the pictures ! ! !

Cuba Libre
10-05-2008, 06:55 PM
How much do they charge for the new rooms? Does the rate vary according to season?

johnhuk
10-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Paying $62/night for new rooms, very nice rooms so well worth it
John

Flatulentfox
10-06-2008, 07:40 AM
I stayed in the Jacuzzi rooms in the new building at the same time. It was very nice though it takes forever to fill. I think rates are the same all the time... ISOC login gets you 5 off.

Also I learned that warming massage oil really freaks the chicas out. Makes em think they cold water is hot...

weyland
10-06-2008, 08:59 AM
I stayed in the Jacuzzi rooms in the new building at the same time.
Surely with your severe flatulence you could make do with a normal bath-tub?

TropicBob
10-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Bob had a great time!!

Hey by the way your chica left her panties in my room.

Hmmmm....which one, I know a few had their eye on you while your novia was soaking in her private jacuzzi! It was good to fly down in first class with ya, and hope to see you again on the Streets of Sosua...

gmalet
10-06-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm finally going solo at the end of this month. I found a few cuties at the cuba libre bar I want to play with.

By the way anyone who experienced a cold shower in the new building it was me.

I was running the hot water in the jacuzzi every morning at 5 am. It takes forever to fill that damn thing up. I took the penthouse room 41.

3somefan
10-06-2008, 08:52 PM

I was running the hot water in the jacuzzi every morning at 5 am. It takes forever to fill that damn thing up. I took the penthouse room 41.

I had the same issues! It took a lot of time for that damn thing to fill up and the water was not very hot (possibly even luke warm). I figured since I was the second guy to have the room it was something that would be fixed??

Oh well, at least I had some great entertainment while waiting for the tub to fill each time!! :D

KoKi9290
10-06-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm finally going solo at the end of this month. I found a few cuties at the cuba libre bar I want to play with.

That splains the problem we had on the third floor. You goning back to the penthouse or something less luxurious this time?

Flatulentfox
10-06-2008, 09:43 PM
Surely with your severe flatulence you could make do with a normal bath-tub?

LOL, perhaps but that wasn't an option I think! The name comes from the Simpsons... picked on an unfortunate whim.

I should post a trip report this week. Light on pictures, I only managed to take pictures of the bikini contest at Blackbeards (. I'm a picture slacker.

Lukewarm water in the Jacuzzis really is fine unless you have the air conditioning blasting. Most of the chicas get all sniffly in the A/C anyway...

JuanElGriego
10-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Recently stayed at Seabreeze and i gotta admit the new New Garden rooms are much nicer, however, you will pass 15 mongers and 30 hoes sitting around the pool area everytime you go in and out of NG so you have to not mind having ZERO privacy. Me, i'm a social dude, but i need at least a hint of privacy and there's just none at all at NG.

Seabreeze has its own kinks to work out such as letting chicks they've seen you with before enter the grounds without you knowing. They might think they're doing you a favor (or they're being lazy not wanting to come up to ask you), but it led to an ugly scene my final night with a couple different chicks involving screaming, crying, shit being thrown, me trying to pull a chick out of my room by the arms, and well you get the picture .... :rolleyes:

3somefan
10-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Seabreeze has its own kinks to work out such as letting chicks they've seen you with before enter the grounds without you knowing. They might think they're doing you a favor (or they're being lazy not wanting to come up to ask you), but it led to an ugly scene my final night with a couple different chicks involving screaming, crying, shit being thrown, me trying to pull a chick out of my room by the arms, and well you get the picture .... :rolleyes:

I can't wait to hear about this one!! Give me a call tomorrow eve bro. :)

elsucio
10-09-2008, 12:46 AM
Thought I would update ya all. On my way back to Tampa from my work assignment in Costa Rica, I stopped in the Dominican Republic, and stayed the whole 8 days at The New Garden Hotel. I had a great time at the New Garden..

I stayed in the new section. Love the big rooms, all nice tiled floor and half walls, lots of hot water, and perfect air conditioning to fan mix during my entire 8 days. This trip, I had all my breakfasts there ...Willy will cook any breakfast even if it is not on the menu (french toast, ham and cheese scramble, etc). The breakfast was included in my daily rate. One night about 10 of us participated in Willy's Grande BBQ (chicken, pork chops, beef ribs, rice, french fries, red bean sauce, black bean salsa)...LOTS OF FOOD, for just $6 well worth $20! Another night, Willy made a very tasty order of Cabonara pasta for me while I watch the debate up in my room.

During my stay, Lorenzo was busy having all the old furniture, including the beds, from the original wing of the hotel taken away. He is replacing all the furniture and all the beds....he said they had gotten quite a workout...wink, wink... Wildfred confirmed that they had order the new furniture and beds back in March, but it is just now getting here.

The New Garden Hotel was a great choice !

Not to mention a good time had by all in the pool, wink wink ... :)

elsucio
10-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Bob I did notice there was no mention of the attempted rape of TropicBob by 2 chicas in my room late one night after a naked pool party, one of the funniest things i've seen in awhile :) btw Bob i am not going to tell anybody about you trying to rub my leg in a half drunken stupor that night .....

TropicBob
10-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Bob I did notice there was no mention of the attempted rape of TropicBob by 2 chicas in my room late one night after a naked pool party, one of the funniest things i've seen in awhile :) btw Bob i am not going to tell anybody about you trying to rub my leg in a half drunken stupor that night .....

All I have to say in my defense is security has to be tighter! BTW: What you see above the water line (cute chica face) is not always what you find below the water line (a hairy leg!!!!!).

rdmatheny
10-16-2008, 06:47 PM
Question for those that have stayed in the new wing. I have only seen a few pix of the new rooms. Do the jacuzzi rooms also have a shower or is it only just a jacuzzi?

Summit
10-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Question for those that have stayed in the new wing. I have only seen a few pix of the new rooms. Do the jacuzzi rooms also have a shower or is it only just a jacuzzi?

Yes they have a shower also...

Choirboy
10-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Yes they have a shower also...

.... and a bidet.

captdave2
10-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Does anyone know the New Garden's phone number? Its the wrong number on there web site.

Ronnie69
10-19-2008, 09:34 PM
I returned yesterday after staying at the New Garden Hotel for a week. This was my first week stay at New Garden and I must admit by far the best stay so far in Dominican Republic.

Wilfried is the owner and is very helpful. Whatever I had requested he looked after me very well.

New Garden is the center of the town and is accessible to everything (Discos, Massage Parlours, Supermarkets, Restaurants, Beach etc.)

I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Sosua. If anyone needs any other information, please PM me.

3somefan
10-19-2008, 10:50 PM
I returned yesterday after staying at the New Garden Hotel for a week. This was my first week stay at New Garden and I must admit by far the best stay so far in Dominican Republic.

Wilfried is the owner and is very helpful. Whatever I had requested he looked after me very well.

New Garden is the center of the town and is accessible to everything (Discos, Massage Parlours, Supermarkets, Restaurants, Beach etc.)

I highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Sosua. If anyone needs any other information, please PM me.

Thanks for the review!

Just wanted to correct one thing, Wilfried is NOT the owner...he is the manager. Lorenzo is the owner.

Thank you!!:)

pollito
10-20-2008, 10:13 AM
How would you compare the New Garden to the Seabreeze Hotel. If given a choice which one is better?

KoKi9290
10-20-2008, 02:03 PM
I have 809-571-1557 for the New Garden office. I think Wilfred is now on a 9-4 sked.
I have stayed in both Seabreeze and New Garden and I liked them both. Because I'm tacano, I've always stayed in the old building at NG and its somewhat the worse for wear. However, I think I read somewhere here that Wilfred said they were putting in new furniture and fixing the rooms up. Last trip, I finally sprang for a room in the new wing (w/o jacuzzi) and it was excellent.
Seabreeze is less expensive but there is no included breakfast like NG. The wall mounted flat screen TVs in Seabreeze are a nice touch and they have gated on site parking for about five cars. I've always had a refrigerator but I've heard that not all rooms do.
At NG, the restaurant provides ready access to food and drink so if the wx sucks, you have what you need.
One big difference between the two hotels is that NG always has a chica parade in the afternoons which is lacking at Seabreeze. Theoretically, I would suppose you'd never have to leave the NG during your whole vacation.
Wilfred and Lorenzo are great and always take good care of their clientel. I found Jihad, the owner of Seabreeze to also be very solicitous of his clients.
I'll be back at NG this weekend but without a reservation and should there be no room at the inn, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Seabreeze.
Just my two cents. Hope this helps out a bit.

MrHappy
10-22-2008, 08:21 AM
We're going to give Seabreeze a shot next weekend. (Oct. 31)

We're going to do the Halloween thing at Classicos & After One.

Feel free to say hi if you see us!

JoeDR
10-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Do the chicas really use the Bidet? From the ones I had all of them just went old school and used the shower head :lol:

.... and a bidet.

TropicBob
10-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Do the chicas really use the Bidet? From the ones I had all of them just went old school and used the shower head :lol:

Well, ur, I used the biget to wash my tea bags....didn't know it was for chicas too!

the_Jayman
10-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Thanks for all the pictures ! ! !

WHERE IN THE FUCK ARE THE COT DAMN PICTURES ? ? ? ?

I been readin this thread everyday for 2 weeks. . . . Donde esta ? ? ?

YOU'RE ALL FIRED ! ! !

(nahhhhh . . . i'm NOT . . .ice water . . . . I swear ! ! ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: