PDA

View Full Version : Guerrero speaks out again

NewsWhore
10-07-2008, 02:30 PM
"I don't feel alone, I have the support of the Dominican people, and decent, honest people," said Senator Wilton Guerrero in an interview with El Caribe. Guerrero has accused high-ranking government sectors of complicity with drug trafficking after the government appointed a commission that has yet to identify the masterminds of the massacre of seven suspected drug traffickers in Peravia province, and the whereabouts of the missing cocaine and money. Guerrero says the government needs to appoint a new team of investigators, as reported in El Caribe. "The commission did not go to Bani to investigate, but rather to deliver a cover-up report," Guerrero told El Caribe. Guerrero has accused former Bani police chief General Hilario Gonzalez, who he says has close personal ties to general prosecutor Radhames Jimenez. Now he says that two more officers who worked with General Hilario Gonzalez are involved in the murder. He mentions them by the names of Major Arias and Lieutenant Toledo. He also called for the investigation of a civilian who lives in Escondido, Bani, who uses a military ID, and a Navy colonel who was arrested with eight kilos of cocaine. "That man was in contact with the people of Paya, those eight kilos were payment for work he had done," said Guerrero. He also called for investigating Captain Mejia, who is in charge of the National Drug Control Department in Bani, who was ordered to Barahona that day. He said that the DNCD in Bani "was at the service of drug trafficking."
Guerrero said that the commission appointed by President Leonel Fernandez, made up by General Prosecutor Radhames Jimenez Pena, Chief of the Police Rafael Guillermo Guzman Fermin, and former Secretary of the Armed Forces Ramon Antonio Aquino Garcia "went to Bani for a show." He said they were in cahoots with Provincial Governor Bienvenido Montero, "who I say is the godfather of the criminal trio that operated in that province."
"A general who has eight or nine generals assigned to drug dealers, and then the commission does not find any evidence of guilt is cheating the people... even if the chief of the Armed Forces is there, I have to say they were covering up," said Guerrero.
Guerrero says that when he meets with President Leonel Fernandez he would take him "new elements that have not yet been disclosed." "I will make the President aware of situations where the authorities are involved with drug dealing so that he can be aware of what is happening in Peravia. Details, information that I have not disclosed or can do so but that need be known by the President," he insisted in the El Caribe interview.
Commenting on the statements made by the General Prosecutor about his son and his personal wealth, he said that all that Jimenez Pena does is repeat what his close friend General Hilario tells him. Jimenez Pena had called for an investigation into the New York arrest of his son. The Senator later proved his son had been arrested in a traffic accident in New York and released. The son hadn't even been driving the car. The Supreme Court has pending a 15 October hearing of a defamation suit that General Hilario Gonzalez and former Bani district prosecutor Victor Cordero have placed against the senator.

More... (http://www.dr1.com/index.html#9)