PDA

View Full Version : Trade Winds Condo For Rent

guttaman
05-19-2006, 01:04 AM
Just got off the phone with Mike. He has a unit at Trades Winds $250 per week. Plus a small energy stipend. I got it July 4th week so fuck off. All other time is open. He went thru a website so it is www.vrbo.com unit # 66334. This is all i know but shit a 1 bedroom for $250 is cheaper than the Europa.

gdogg
05-19-2006, 01:11 AM
I may be staying at The Palms again next trip. I've seen a couple of the rooms at Trade Winds from a distance (through the door). Are the apartments similar? How's the air conditioning?

guttaman
05-19-2006, 01:20 AM
Mike just bought a new air con that is why he is charging an electric fee. It is his condo but needs to go to England for 3 monthsw for work.

Jimmydr
05-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Just got off the phone with Mike. He has a unit at Trades Winds $250 per week. Plus a small energy stipend. I got it July 4th week so fuck off. All other time is open. He went throu a website so it is www.vrbo.com (http://www.vrbo.com) unit # 66334. This is all i know but shit a 1 bedroom for $250 is cheaper than the Europa.

See if he wants to put an ad up. I think he and you will like the terms.

whynotme
05-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Just got off the phone with Mike. He has a unit at Trades Winds $250 per week. Plus a small energy stipend. I got it July 4th week so fuck off. All other time is open. He went throu a website so it is www.vrbo.com unit # 66334. This is all i know but shit a 1 bedroom for $250 is cheaper than the Europa.
i stayed at unit 47 for xmas for two weeks nice and clean.
5 minute walk to downtown

Rocky
05-20-2006, 10:54 AM
I may be staying at The Palms again next trip. I've seen a couple of the rooms at Trade Winds from a distance (through the door). Are the apartments similar? How's the air conditioning?
They are virtually identical in size and features.
AC depends on the individual apartment, but they are all adequate.
There are still a few kinks to be worked out at the Palms, as they will not run their generator between 10 AM & Noon, then from 2 PM 'till 4 PM, so if there is a power failure during those hours, there is no power.
We managed to vote that plan out of Trade Winds, and it's a matter of having enough Palms owners, do the same there.
There is no wifi in Palms yet, but very well could be before the end of the year.

gdogg
05-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Thanks Marco! That was Marco...right?

Rocky
05-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Thanks Marco! That was Marco...right?
You can call me anything, as long as you don't call me the Prince of Bastards, like my ex girlfriend did, and even that wasn't so bad.
At least I'm a Prince.

Bug Boy
05-20-2006, 01:36 PM
They are virtually identical in size and features.
AC depends on the individual apartment, but they are all adequate.
There are still a few kinks to be worked out at the Palms, as they will not run their generator between 10 AM & Noon, then from 2 PM 'till 4 PM, so if there is a power failure during those hours, there is no power.
We managed to vote that plan out of Trade Winds, and it's a matter of having enough Palms owners, do the same there.
There is no wifi in Palms yet, but very well could be before the end of the year.
i AM PRETTY SURE THAT ES WAS RENTING AT THE PALMS FOR SOMETHING LIKE 350 A MONTH WITH A ROOM WITH AC. IT WAS A LITTLE BARE BONES BUT STILL BEATS THE EUROPA

gdogg
05-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Me and Stratton split that room. I enjoyed it...I was trying to see if The Trade Winds place that's being advertised is similar.

Citynights
05-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Just got off the phone with Mike. He has a unit at Trades Winds $250 per week. Plus a small energy stipend. I got it July 4th week so fuck off. All other time is open. He went throu a website so it is www.vrbo.com (http://www.vrbo.com) unit # 66334. This is all i know but shit a 1 bedroom for $250 is cheaper than the Europa.

Is this place chica friendly....:corky: are you allowed to bring them back...:confused:

Ram
05-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Is this place chica friendly....:corky: are you allowed to bring them back...:confused:

It's the mostest freindlest place there is!!

Nice view too!!

Rocky
05-20-2006, 04:33 PM
Me and Stratton split that room. I enjoyed it...I was trying to see if The Trade Winds place that's being advertised is similar.
I'm not sure which condo you were in, but most of them are in 3 or 4 story buildings and near identical in size.
The one Mike is renting is in the bungalows, and it's 20% bigger, with high ceilings and has terraces, front & back.

gdogg
05-20-2006, 04:40 PM
I think I was in A-2 at The Palms. Stratton could verify if he wasn't busy with the cookout at his house...where EVERYONE is having the time of their lives, while I have to go to work in a few!! Sorry about that...thanks for the info.

Rocky
05-20-2006, 04:53 PM
I think I was in A-2 at The Palms. Stratton could verify if he wasn't busy with the cookout at his house...where EVERYONE is having the time of their lives, while I have to go to work in a few!! Sorry about that...thanks for the info.
The Palms have a few studios which are smaller than the standard 1 bed condos, which, although laid out differently than Trade Winds, are the same size, but smaller than the bungalows. A2 is the number for Mike's condo, and it may just be a coincidence Stratton rented the same number at the Palms.
As there are approx 100 condos, between the 2 complexes, I don't know them all by heart, but more importantly, they are a good value.
Some people may prefer just walking out the door and being right in the downtown area, in which case, the Europa may be a better choice.
Those who don't mind a short distance to the condos, benefit from more space & luxury than a hotel.
Citynights asked if they were guest friendly, which, of course, they are, but it's not like at a place like Blackbeards, where you can do it at the pool.
Condos such as these, require a bit more discretion in the public areas, but what goes on behind closed doors is nobody's business.
One of the advantages of a condo, is that one does not have to be screened by a reception desk, when bringing a guest home.
It's been my experience that a woman appreciates the touch of class of a condo, and prefers to not be scrutinized by a hotel employee, when entering, specially if she's a GFE type of lady.

PS: I stand corrected. Mike's condo is simply #2, not A2.

gdogg
05-20-2006, 05:04 PM
You're right about discretion. We threw a mild party and was greeted by owner and a shotgun wielding security guard at 9:30 in the evening. I guess you need to keep the noise to a minimum. Chicas really dig the condo however, I guess it's a change of pace from the places on the main strip.

Rocky
05-20-2006, 05:11 PM
You're right about discretion. We threw a mild party and was greeted by owner and a shotgun wielding security guard at 9:30 in the evening. I guess you need to keep the noise to a minimum. Chicas really dig the condo however, I guess it's a change of pace from the places on the main strip.
Although you might see that as a downside, it's actually a plus, as the complex is kept under control, it assures you of peace & quiet and better security.
This might not be for everyone.
Some people would surely prefer an all out drunken orgy around the pool, thus the need for places like Blackbeards, the Palace and the Europa, to a certain extent.

gdogg
05-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the place. We knew what type of place it was going in. It just so happened that our planned mild mannered dinner party got just a little out of hand. Everythings ok now, I'd gladly stay there again. And probably will soon.

Rocky
05-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the place. We knew what type of place it was going in. It just so happened that our planned mild mannered dinner party got just a little out of hand. Everythings ok now, I'd gladly stay there again. And probably will soon.
Been there, done that, and know what you mean.
Knowing what to expect from your accommodations, can be useful, specially for first time visitors.