PDA

View Full Version : HOLIDAY FLIGHTS!!

psriches
10-28-2004, 02:24 PM
Most direct flights from New York City area to POP will be well over $300 from now until after New Years. The one exception is the first weekend of December. You can still get a direct flight on AA to POP for $265.

BrooklynBeas
10-28-2004, 02:27 PM
thats because people are coming home from their Thanksgiving vacations and are waiting till Christmas before travelling again...

D_W_
10-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Just bought my February ticket for $232. Continental (newark).

That is CHEAP BABY!

cremaconpalo
10-28-2004, 08:21 PM
IMHO...after "Ano Nuevo", the influx of "dolares" into the D.R. starts to dwindle ...the peso tends to go up. You can find cheap flights and good exchange rates starting in Feb. :wink: 8)

I think Lech alluded to it as well, no bro?...

RearWindow
11-03-2004, 10:53 PM
I am going Jan8. In MX this is 2 days after the end of their three kings celebration ( really their Xmas) is this the same in DR? and If so am i gonna get hosed on ticket prices? I can get there on "scair"tran and Spirit for about 420, but it involves OJ'ing thru the airports. Regular carriers are 575 and up. HELP? (I've been there Feb May June July Aug Sept Oct, but not near new years.)

Jimmydr
11-04-2004, 08:08 AM
New Years Time the airlines make their money but you can get bumped and get paid!

ilikenyacional
11-04-2004, 05:26 PM
Can you explain bumping to me ? Is it with all airlines ?

Thank you.

psriches
11-04-2004, 06:10 PM
Airlines generally overbook because many people cancel at the last minute. However, there are times when more people show than the flight can hold. At that point, the airline will ask for volunteers to give up there seats in exchange for the next flight out and a free ticket for another roundtrip. If not enough people volunteer, then the airline begins to bump. This means they randomly choose people to be taking off the flight in exchange for the same offers. The airlines lose more money by flying less than full than by giving away free tickets. This is because of the gas, taxes, staff pay,etc.... I have been bumped voluntarily many times and have been offered free flights, dinner and hotel.. It happens pretty regularly around the holidays.

In fact, I traveled with my girl one vacation to Puerto Rico out of Newark, NJ. We were booked for a 3 day getaway leaving out on a thurs. and returning on a sun. We gave up our seats on thurs for a free roundtrip and hotel stay. On fri, they were still overbooked and we gave the seats up again twice that day for two more roundtrips and hotel. We ended up leaving out on sat. morning for a 1 day/overnight stay in Puerto Rico. Just enough time for beach, dinner and night activities. However, we hung out in the City and hotel with pool and free meals for two nights and received three roundtrip tickets out of the deal. Honestly, It was the best vacation in my life. :wink:

RearWindow
11-04-2004, 06:14 PM
New Years Time the airlines make their money but you can get bumped and get paid! Getting bumped then would be Muy Excellente!! I go for 10 days, and factored in a grace day. Bring it on!

Jimmydr
11-04-2004, 07:40 PM

Thank you.

JetBlue doesn't over sell.

WSJ3
11-04-2004, 10:37 PM

Thank you.

Jetblue is the fast food of airlines...

The owner knows how to run that business and is not trying to give away free round trip flights.

BrooklynBeas
11-05-2004, 08:16 AM

Thank you.

Jetblue is the fast food of airlines...

The owner knows how to run that business and is not trying to give away free round trip flights.

When you say fast food... you mean snacks... they dont serve meals on Jet Blue flights...

bmag
11-05-2004, 10:36 AM
I just bought a ticket on orbitz yesterday for $268 for nov12th -19 th on American direct to puerto plata. depart JFK 11 AM el presidente in hand by sunset. All the discount sites have similar prices or did yesterday anyway

BrooklynBeas
11-05-2004, 11:18 AM
I just bought a ticket on orbitz yesterday for $268 for nov12th -19 th on American direct to puerto plata. depart JFK 11 AM el presidente in hand by sunset. All the discount sites have similar prices or did yesterday anyway

I will be arriving in POP on the 19th so you will be taking the plane i arrive on back home... see ya next time buddy!

Jimmydr
11-05-2004, 11:22 AM

That sounds about right, I paid $245 last week.

psriches
11-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Sosua needs it's own international airport so we don't have to be bothered with the POP vacationer traffic.... I wish.....

Jimmydr
11-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Sosua needs it's own international airport so we don't have to be bothered with the POP vacationer traffic.... I wish.....

POP is the local airport????

WSJ3
11-06-2004, 10:20 AM

POP is the local airport????

Hey the airport is only 15 minutes from Sosua...I don't think the infrastructure can support another airport.

cremaconpalo
11-06-2004, 10:43 AM
Hey the airport is only 15 minutes from Sosua...I don't think the infrastructure can support another airport.

...which barely gives you enough time to nut in the cab on the way into town as it is! :twisted:

gdogg
11-06-2004, 03:34 PM

...which barely gives you enough time to nut in the cab on the way into town as it is! :twisted:

Ha! That was funny. When I first hopped in the cab, I had the feeling it would take forever to get to Sosua. My first pleasant surprise was how fast we got there. The time between the plane landing and me getting to Sosua...now that's a different story altogether!!

psriches
11-06-2004, 04:00 PM
That very first trip from the airport to Sosua was filled with anxiety. Even though you did your homework, you just didn't know what to expect. And then................

WSJ3
11-06-2004, 07:08 PM

If you have Jesus pick you up at the airport with Soronji I bet she will make you nut before you reach the Palace.

LOL.

Jimmydr
11-06-2004, 07:10 PM

If you have Jesus pick you up at the airport with Soronji I bet she will make you nut before you reach the Palace.

LOL.

Thats if he has time to pick you up.

psriches
11-06-2004, 07:12 PM

LOL.I doubt it because knowing Jesus, he'll try and pick up 3 passengers along the way. Crowded taxi...... :wink:

Mister NYC
11-14-2004, 06:24 AM
Money is money and time can be too! Just imagine 5 guys stuffed in a taxi..can't do it. Never had a problem with Jesus. He's a good guy all around. Btw, paid $238 for mine.

psriches
12-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Just bought my February ticket for $232. Continental (newark).

That is CHEAP BABY!Damn!! I miss the good old days!!:(

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/obsti/markys5.jpg

eastcoastallstar
12-15-2008, 10:40 PM
YO, honey has a bangin body:ilike:
I bet she was a 1000 pesos too.
I guess those were the days.

Damn!! I miss the good old days!!:(

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h240/obsti/markys5.jpg

cainer
12-16-2008, 12:01 AM
YO, honey has a bangin body:ilike:
I bet she was a 1000 pesos too.
I guess those were the days.
Since we are reminising, those were the days my freinds but now they came to an end:)

IN 2002 it was 500 pesos short-time and 800 pesos for TLN