PDA

View Full Version : "X" Club?

Putaimao
10-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Anyone visited since this opened? I read they had a grand opening and thought about stopping but seems high to me. Is that the standard price or just for the opening night? Will be down in December. Want to check out El Flow too. Tired of Merengue, Classico ...

http://www.drsol.info/newsroom/index.php?a=comment&id=18686&language=

http://www.drsol.info/newsroom/drsol-printable-news-archive.php?a=print&id=16931&language=

Sosua News - On Friday evening, 17 October, the entirely renovated disco Club X, reopened its door in Sosúa. The disco is located opposite the Merengue Club. The opening night was turned into a spectacular affair by a sensational performance by the well-known merengue group Omega. A lorry was parked in front of the doors and was used as a basis for a light show. Huge lamps sent the light high into the sky like laser canons. But this also highlighted the fact that this was a very different evening. Entrance charge at the cash desk was 700 pesos. Inside, a beer cost 100 pesos. The opening night was spectacular, because Omega is a very very good merengue group and their show is top class. But it remains to be seen whether or not this new disco is really offering something new for Sosúa. We already have four large discos in the town, although Seacrets is currently closed because there are not enough clients. Club X is not competitive when it comes to price or music, because last Saturday evening they were playing just as much techno and house music as the other discos. Many residents in Sosúa had doped that the new Club X would be a disco where they could enjoy real Dominican music, with lots of bachata, merengue, tipico and salsa music. Why do we need yet another disco with music that you can also hear in Berlin, Amsterdam, Toronto and New York?
But we also hoped that the prices would be Dominican. Bar (colmado) El Flow proves that you can earn a good turnover with low prices and thus make a profit. But the hope of low prices also seems a waste of time as far as Club X is concerned. Read original at Sosua News (http://www.drsol.info/drsol-external-link.php?link=http://www.sosuanews.com).

theman
10-22-2008, 09:43 PM
I was there that night on Pedro Clisante, wanted to go but 700Rd was too much for me that night. The street was pack with beautiful woman, more then the other night I was there. I'll check the club X on my next trip.

Cuba Libre
10-22-2008, 10:06 PM
Very strange. I just returned from Sosua today and I didn't see it opened in the 4 nights I was there.

JoeDR
10-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Grand opening was Friday, I remember seeing the spotlights. I decided to go to passions that night. Wasnt into paying 700pesos to be crushed in a club :p

Very strange. I just returned from Sosua today and I didn't see it opened in the 4 nights I was there.

Citynights
10-23-2008, 12:28 AM
I was there that night on Pedro Clisante, wanted to go but 700Rd was too much for me that night. The street was pack with beautiful woman, more then the other night I was there. I'll check the club X on my next trip.

;) just think you can go to La Passions for 1000 pesos for massage and a very happy ending...;) :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Downtown
10-23-2008, 07:39 AM
At 700 RD a pop, it won't take long for the novelty to wear off. They'll drop the price and before too long it will be an EX-club and take its rightful place in Jimmy's prediction list of failed Sosua businesses!

weyland
10-23-2008, 10:07 AM
At 700 RD a pop, it won't take long for the novelty to wear off. They'll drop the price and before too long it will be an EX-club and take its rightful place in Jimmy's prediction list of failed Sosua businesses!
Probably, but to be fair the 700 pesos was for an Omega "performance" not for normal entry. I personally would willingly pay 700 not to listen to them but most known bands and artists charge upwards of 500 nowadays.

Beads
10-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Yea I think the 700RD entrance had to be for the band or they wont last long at all. Funny thing is that same disco was really nice when it first opened and couldn't make it. The burger joint attached couldn't pay their bills either after a while.

Should be interesting to see how this place does again. Last time they were open Latinos wasn't there and they couldn't drag enough of a crowd across the street. Now they have more competition so it should be interesting.

Kevy
10-23-2008, 06:12 PM
This place is open again?? What is it the third time now?

psriches
10-23-2008, 07:06 PM
This place is open again?? What is it the third time now?I know in the past they were just opening for special occasions and anyone who wanted to rent the place out for the night.

3somefan
10-24-2008, 04:49 PM
anyone who wanted to rent the place out for the night.

hmmm..really?? Jimmy, you hear that?? That sounds like a interesting venue for a .... :D

weyland
10-24-2008, 05:32 PM
hmmm..really?? Jimmy, you hear that?? That sounds like a interesting venue for a .... :D
Hey, everybody! 3some is offering to host a grand ISOC party! Don't worry, 3some, if you cover the premises rental we'll buy our own drinks.

Jimmydr
10-24-2008, 07:38 PM
Hey, everybody! 3some is offering to host a grand ISOC party! Don't worry, 3some, if you cover the premises rental we'll buy our own drinks.

They don't take multi colored IOUS in Sosua.:D

KoKi9290
10-28-2008, 11:28 PM
Was in Club X both Satruday and Sunday nights and it was rocking. Doesn't really get going until Classicos closes. It goes til dawn or so they tell me. No cover either night.
I thought the selection of chicas was great and a lot of them were loaded and bumping and grinding all over the place. Two chicas told me they were just coming out for the night. A lot of chicas from all over Sosua congregated there on Saturday night. Bad news was that (my personal experience) the prices didn't come down proportionate to the time of the night.
Two of my favorite waiters from Classicos are working there. (the young skinny guy and the heavier one who I always thought to be the hardest working waiter I ever saw)
The music was really loud and they had laser lights shooting over the dance floor. No bachata or merengue like After One.

weyland
10-29-2008, 07:44 AM
Was in Club X both Satruday and Sunday nights and it was rocking. Doesn't really get going until Classicos closes. It goes til dawn or so they tell me.
How does this square with the closing time regulations?

MrHappy
10-29-2008, 08:30 AM
Notice the "It goes til dawn or so they tell me." I have my doubts about that one.
I'm going this weekend, I'll check it out.

KoKi9290
10-30-2008, 12:34 AM
On Saturday, I left with a chica about 4 am and on Sunday about 3 am. The former Classicos waiters were the ones who told me they were open til dawn. I really don't see the point in going much beyond 3 or 4 am unless you're going home alone. Then again, I don't drink and soy viejo. Maybe if I was twenty years younger it would be different.

jd_mine
11-05-2008, 09:38 AM
It was only 700 pesos for the Omega concert. The days after entrance was free. What I did find weird was they open at the same time as Latinos and Classicos, but are allowed to stay open till way after 2am while the other two clubs close at about 2am.

MrHappy
11-05-2008, 02:12 PM
We popped in the Friday night around 3am. Yeah, I know, too late.

There were only around 10-12 people in the place.

They had a very impressive disc jockey there that was accompanied by a percussionist that really knew how to put some extra beats in the music.

I think it's pretty nice, but the merengue and bachata lovers may not like it..

Donny Boy
11-06-2008, 12:31 AM
I spent about an hr in there after Classico closed, it was ok that night nothing special.
There do have a "vip" area with pool tables