PDA

View Full Version : Gas prices in POP Sosua

hughgrection
11-02-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm renting a car next week how much is gas?

LM
11-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Reg. RD$181.2 (U.S.$5.199)
Defenda RD$194.5 (U.S.$5.581)
Diesel Plus RD$159.90 (U.S.$4.588)
Formula Diesel RD$164.20 (U.S.$4.712)

cainer
11-03-2008, 12:56 AM
did the cab fares come down in price since the gas came down??? I bet not :(Greed wins again.

Jimmydr
11-03-2008, 08:06 AM
did the cab fares come down in price since the gas came down??? I bet not :(Greed wins again.

Why would they come down, it has nothing to do with the price of gas. a taxi from POP airport to Sosua is $20 and a public taxi is 20 pesos. They fuck tourists cause they can.

eldorob
11-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Why would they come down, it has nothing to do with the price of gas. a taxi from POP airport to Sosua is $20 and a public taxi is 20 pesos. They fuck tourists cause they can.

Taxi from POP to Sosua is $25 now - posted price at the airport

ajax718
11-03-2008, 08:05 PM
Many of the taxis I saw in DR ran on propane gas, not gasoline

MrHappy
11-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Gas prices are the same for the entire island, so no matter where you go, it will be the same.

Prices are regulated by the govt., and are adjusted every week, on Saturday.

They went down on Nov. 1

New prices are:
Regular 134.40
Premium 147.30
Diesel 123.20
Propane 63.72

Virtually every single taxi runs on propane.

yourmomma999
11-06-2008, 04:27 AM
nice so it went down approx $1.50 us but it took a long time. this is the first I heard that it went down in the DR. Also is it true they buy the gas from Venezuela? if so it should be cheaper. Considering gas here in NY ranges from $2.60 to 3.30 depending on what corporation is robbing you, I would think it should be cheaper in the DR because almost everything is cheaper there except for electronics because of the import taxes. Thanks for the tip. I look forward to not paying $5.60 ud for a gallon. I feel bad for those who lose their jobs but its about time that the greedy bastards got what they deserve and the price of gas and other things ie anything that is transported that had the price skyrocket (because of greedy bastards who want to choke the rest of the hard working "working class" and the poor to make more money) finally got back to something normal. I am still waiting for grocery prices to come down back to normal and only hope gasoline stays down enough for jetfuel to tank in price and flights also.

yourmomma999
11-06-2008, 04:30 AM
true most taxis and personal vehicles of natives in the DR are propane. I was thinking of doing that here but I think I would have problems if I got rear ended since people drive so fast here on much wider highways and less traffic due to the lack of not wide enough unpaved roads with platano trucks that dont move fast due to the weight. Has anyone ever seen or heard of an explosion from a rear end with an auto having a propane tank? thanks.

MrHappy
11-06-2008, 06:29 AM
nice so it went down approx $1.50 us but it took a long time. this is the first I heard that it went down in the DR. Also is it true they buy the gas from Venezuela? if so it should be cheaper. Considering gas here in NY ranges from $2.60 to 3.30 depending on what corporation is robbing you, I would think it should be cheaper in the DR because almost everything is cheaper there except for electronics because of the import taxes. Thanks for the tip. I look forward to not paying $5.60 ud for a gallon. I feel bad for those who lose their jobs but its about time that the greedy bastards got what they deserve and the price of gas and other things ie anything that is transported that had the price skyrocket (because of greedy bastards who want to choke the rest of the hard working "working class" and the poor to make more money) finally got back to something normal. I am still waiting for grocery prices to come down back to normal and only hope gasoline stays down enough for jetfuel to tank in price and flights also.

The DR does have a sweetheart deal with Venezuela for fuel.

But, since the govt. sets fuel prices, the lower price for purchased fuel from Chavez isn't felt, because of the taxes that are levied on fuel.

The money they save is spent on other things, like the Metro..